Author Topic: NBA Record-Setting 8 Team, 19 Player Trade To Take Place?  (Read 1937 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: NBA Record-Setting 8 Team, 19 Player Trade To Take Place?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2006, 02:30:53 AM »
Wow it would be crazy if it goes down. I was hoping the Lakeshow would be involved...I think they need to make another move to get a point guard.

Another point guard? We already have a point-guard glut...

Smush Parker/Jordan Farmar/Sasha Vujacic/Shammond Williams.

Yeah thats what I was thinking.  I love Smush's game, thats why I dont understand why Laker fans think they must go get a pg.  Give Smush some time, hes a very solid player.  Honestly I dont know how much Shammond will help you guys, but I dont think LA needs to worry about a pg.  Even if Smush had no offensive game (which he does) you would still want him on your team cause of his tenacious defense, I love his game.

Yea, Laker fans really underrate Smush due to the fact that the last memory they have of him was his disappointing playoff performance (which happened to be his first one). He's a good player though and will improve with experience...Jordan Farmar is tearing shit up in the summer league as well, he is a natural, definitely the future point guard of the Lakers...Sasha is probably gunna play more shooting guard this year, and Shammon Williams was an MVP caliber player in the Euroleague. He will give us the veteran/experienced push we need at the point...

Yea I dont understand why Laker fans are so hard on Smush.  Yea Farmar is going to be good but honestly I still kinda think Smush is the future pg for the Lakers, I dont know I just really like his game.

Smush is good, but Farmar is special though...He's a true leader, a pure point guard with the charisma, brains, skills and athleticism to make it far in the NBA...I can definitely see a future Farmar-Bynum tandem.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2006, 02:31:33 AM »
oh and lakers fans who are hard on smush parker (such as myself) are so hard on him because he had the potential to be our 3rd option, but he just wont step up and play at the level that he's capable of. hopefully he'll improve, if not...TRADE HIM in the middle of the season!

Dude...He's 24 years old. You're asking him to be a primary option when it was basically his rookie season in the NBA. LMAO. Give him time, he wasn't even supposed to start last season. Even if he doesn't improve (which I gaurantee he will), he's still a very serviceable role-player...PeACe

Yea I agree and Smush will improve Im sure of it.  Imo he will become better than just a servicable roleplayer.

rik

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2006, 10:16:45 AM »
Smush is a good player and he will improve he has a bright future that is all correct. That problem is we need a point guard thats goin to get it done know not in the future. I'm not hard on Smush I actualy like him I just call em how I see em.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Doggystylin

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2006, 03:20:30 PM »
Lakers will definitley be stronger this year, people are forgetting last year was the first year of rebuilding, so many new pieces, Phil just got back. This next year there will be much better chemistry which is so important. The starting 5 was just getting to know each other last year and they almost ripped through the Suns, imagine that team but well established and experienced. Now they actually have their feet on the ground. I can't wait til October

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2006, 03:26:50 PM »
Smush sucks?

Doggystylin

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2006, 03:31:35 PM »
That lay up vs toronto was sick. Kobe does that everyday though, lol

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2006, 04:51:07 PM »
wow the sixers are retarded if they give up AI for what it seems that they'd be getting

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2006, 04:56:25 PM »
wow the sixers are retarded if they give up AI for what it seems that they'd be getting

It'd be more for salary cap relief, but yea, that's pretty retarded...

Doggystylin

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2006, 06:05:53 PM »
but its kinda pointles for the sixers to keep AI, their gettin nowhere with him, they can keep him for the rest of his career and wont get anywhere so they might as well get rid of him and save some money if their gonna lose anyways

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2006, 06:34:57 PM »
but its kinda pointles for the sixers to keep AI, their gettin nowhere with him, they can keep him for the rest of his career and wont get anywhere so they might as well get rid of him and save some money if their gonna lose anyways

Kinda how I feel, I meen they should have made the playoffs with all of the talent they have.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2006, 10:54:06 PM »

It'd be more for salary cap relief, but yea, that's pretty retarded...

yeah i can see that side of it , but like someone said earlier the outside revenue that he brings to that franchise AND that city is worth more than that, that's something you can bank off of years after he retires.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2006, 10:59:47 PM »

i don't see it as AI's fault, dude is playing his heart out out there in philly trying to do all he can to help that franchise. i mean it's not like he's kevin garnett, who grabs fairly decent numbers but fails to take charge as a leader. I feels it's the front office and perhaps the coaching staffs fault here for their performance in the last couple of years, when i look at Last years sixer line up, you have many big names that are pretty good, but the chemistry isn't there, most of those players are to like-minded.  the coaching staff and the front office need to build around AI better

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2006, 11:17:24 PM »

i don't see it as AI's fault, dude is playing his heart out out there in philly trying to do all he can to help that franchise. i mean it's not like he's kevin garnett, who grabs fairly decent numbers but fails to take charge as a leader. I feels it's the front office and perhaps the coaching staffs fault here for their performance in the last couple of years, when i look at Last years sixer line up, you have many big names that are pretty good, but the chemistry isn't there, most of those players are to like-minded.  the coaching staff and the front office need to build around AI better

lol at saying KG grabs fairly decent numbers.  Id say 22ppg, 13rpg, and a block and a half is just a little more than "decent numbers"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2006, 02:28:05 AM »
apart from his MVP season when he had Cassell leading the wolves he hasn't been able to do anything significant with those numbers