Author Topic: Greatest East Coast Rapper Of All Time?  (Read 1504 times)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
Re: Greatest East Coast Rapper Of All Time?
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2006, 08:37:47 AM »
kool g rap
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2006, 01:04:07 PM »
how come nobody has nominated Big Pun

maybe not the best, but he is one of the top artists from the east
I was gonna ask the same question.He's definetely at least an honorable mention, if not one of the greatest
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Diabolical

« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2006, 01:28:41 PM »
Nas

...I know, I know, he is very inconsistent.  But he's had the greatest East Coast album ever, "Illmatic", and 4 other solid records in "It Was Written", "Stillmatic", "Lost Tapes" and "God's Son."

He's also done good work on guest appearances, and in groups like The Firm, stuff like that.

-He's an intelligent rapper, like he says, he's a "rappers rapper".

-His creativity in tracks like the one about his Gun on "It Was Written", probably gave 2pac his idea for "Me And My Girlfriend".  Also, he comes out every now and then with a track like, "My Book of Rhymes", that is really creative and pushes the envelop lyrically, and conceptually. 

-What really made him great was when he came back from his wack Nas Escobar phase and dropped "Stillmatic".  That's when he really reclaimed the thrown.  Tracks like Poison ("What Goes Around Comes Around"), "One Mic", "Yur The Man".. .these are classic Nas tracks, introspective, lyrical.

-Nas is a great lyricist, and he's still around, holdin it down today, when everyone was gets away from the lyrics, Nas is always the rapper who is still mainstream, and still puts 100% into his lyrics. 
What was the song called from STILLMATIC where Nas rapped the whole song backwards?

He doesn't rap backwards he just tells the story backwards.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2006, 05:42:32 PM »
Nas

...I know, I know, he is very inconsistent.  But he's had the greatest East Coast album ever, "Illmatic", and 4 other solid records in "It Was Written", "Stillmatic", "Lost Tapes" and "God's Son."

He's also done good work on guest appearances, and in groups like The Firm, stuff like that.

-He's an intelligent rapper, like he says, he's a "rappers rapper".

-His creativity in tracks like the one about his Gun on "It Was Written", probably gave 2pac his idea for "Me And My Girlfriend".  Also, he comes out every now and then with a track like, "My Book of Rhymes", that is really creative and pushes the envelop lyrically, and conceptually. 

-What really made him great was when he came back from his wack Nas Escobar phase and dropped "Stillmatic".  That's when he really reclaimed the thrown.  Tracks like Poison ("What Goes Around Comes Around"), "One Mic", "Yur The Man".. .these are classic Nas tracks, introspective, lyrical.

-Nas is a great lyricist, and he's still around, holdin it down today, when everyone was gets away from the lyrics, Nas is always the rapper who is still mainstream, and still puts 100% into his lyrics. 
What was the song called from STILLMATIC where Nas rapped the whole song backwards?

He doesn't rap backwards he just tells the story backwards.

Whatever you know what i meant

The Best of 3 Worlds