Author Topic: Why are so many posters here about the Dip Set?  (Read 1089 times)

The Great Elephant

Re: trying to understand all this dipset hype...
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2006, 10:00:54 AM »
here listen to this track off Killa Season.

Cam'ron Feat. Juelz Santana - We Make Change
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=BC04E37F03E4A5C3

he rips the second verse.

thanks ill give it a listen when i get back

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2006, 10:12:24 AM »
its funny how they only give u one track to listen to which might be worth it because on the whole album he has one good verse

J Bananas

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2006, 10:47:40 AM »
if u didnt feel purple haze you just dont got the piff in ur blood, no offense

XaNdEr

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2006, 11:05:34 AM »
dipset just sucks, only member im checking for nowadays is juelz, cam'ron fell off, his first 2 albums were far more better than the killa season/purple haze trash, jim jones is just plain wack, some songs i like, but thats more cuz of the guests on it and j.r. writer is actually pretty dope but i think he coulda use better production....and the rest im lazy to talk about, dipset is average...the hype is just commercial bullshit  :loco:

J Bananas

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2006, 11:07:48 AM »
the hype is just commercial bullshit  :loco:

the hype is not commercial, its from the heart doggie

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2006, 11:39:31 AM »
Oh Boy is wen i first heard CamRon

also download Down and Out f/ Kanye & Syleena; and I Wanna Be Your Lady f/ Nicole Wray and JR Writer

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2006, 12:27:40 PM »
i heard some of my friend's purple haze album...not really impressed at all.  adreneline rush was ok but cam'ron only shined on his 2nd verse (off the top of my head), imo the psycho drama or whoever was the best on the opening.  from what i can tell of the rest of the album, he has this kind of amateur up and down flow on his bars and the beats aren't really anything special.  anyway can anyone tell me some song titles that i can download (i'll hook myself up if its an inconvience) so i can understand why people like killa and dipset i'd appreciate it.  thanks.

Listen to any of Cam's 5 solo albums, listen to any of their mixtapes, and make you sure you listen to J.R Writer's History in the Making.  I used to rag on the dips until I actually listened to their music and I was blown away.

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2006, 12:35:43 PM »
The only hype that exist is the fact is that they yell or mumble on southern/western mix style beats instead of really repping where they're from.  Their style dumifies some of the most sickest beats they got and attracts the kids more than anything, Especially juelz and jim jones.  I can respect them for trying to be original but the movement seems to be hitting the kids more than anything because theres no real concept and they talk tough as if they would destroy anyone but JIm Jones wont even battle rap anyone (wax or freestyle) because hes a "gansta," the right to talk shit kinda seems pointless.  

I give respect for repping bladers but like i said earlier its not like a 21 yrs old is gonna be picking up a pair anytime soon.  

They have nasty beats that can catch anyones ear at random but the first time u hear their jams some people just hear choruses and beats, not the actual bars.

IMO  Just download the beats.

rik

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2006, 12:38:46 PM »
I used to rag on the dips until I actually listened to their music and I was blown away.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2006, 02:17:26 PM »
I dunno if ya'll realize this, but being a Dipset fan kinda ruins your hip-hop credibility... :-X

J Bananas

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2006, 03:34:52 PM »
I dunno if ya'll realize this, but being a Dipset fan kinda ruins your hip-hop credibility... :-X

no....being a critic and trying to stick to music that you think makes you look cool kinda ruins your hip hop credibility. didnt you realize that? i just pity you guys who get all butthurt about music choices

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2006, 03:52:04 PM »
Check out the Intro's from Purple Haze and Killa Season.......IF you still doubting Cam's ability then im not going to recomend any more songs as you clearly aint listening hard enough.

The Maestro

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2006, 03:53:28 PM »
Check out the Intro's from Purple Haze and Killa Season.......IF you still doubting Cam's ability then im not going to recomend any more songs as you clearly aint listening hard enough.

Real Talk, both of those tracks are AMAZING!!

Sikotic™

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2006, 04:21:40 PM »
The majority of haters haven't even thoroughly checked out Dipset. Just blind hate and jealousy. Jealousy because cats like me and others can understand how piff this crack really is, while the majority are left in the dark clueless. Ain't no movement like Dipset right now. Most of y'all just livin off your Dogg Food and 36 Chamber CD's. That's cool and all, but the Dips are the future. And for y'all that make the gay remarks about Dipset, you're obviously not secure enough in your manhood to realize that a type of music doesn't mean you take it up the culo, no homo.

So either you're committed or you just don't get it, doggy.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2006, 04:22:47 PM »
The majority of haters haven't even thoroughly checked out Dipset. Just blind hate and jealousy. Jealousy because cats like me and others can understand how piff this crack really is, while the majority are left in the dark clueless. Ain't no movement like Dipset right now. Most of y'all just livin off your Dogg Food and 36 Chamber CD's. That's cool and all, but the Dips are the future. And for y'all that make the gay remarks about Dipset, you're obviously not secure enough in your manhood to realize that a type of music doesn't mean you take it up the culo, no homo.

So either you're committed or you just don't get it, doggy.

The realest most powerful thing Ive ever read!