Author Topic: Why are so many posters here about the Dip Set?  (Read 1094 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: trying to understand all this dipset hype...
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2006, 04:02:30 PM »
I bought Diplomatic Immunity when it dropped.  I remember hearing Dipset Anthem / I really Mean It vid and was blown away.  Those were some of the sickest beats.  In picking up the album, the beats were in the same vein - some of the best overall production on a CD that I had bought in a while at the time.  Production wise that DOUBLE album blew me away.  However, there were numerous skits / freestyles / remixes that watered it down.

On a freestyle tip, i'll give them credit.  Actually, I'll give Cam props on that.  He's got a definite swagger and very charismatic.  Its not shocking at all that some people think he's a god.  I think Juelz is very overated.  They've got some wordplay and punchlines, and if you like raps about guns / crack they're the perfect blend.  Also if rappers fashion is very important to you, they will appeal as well.

But for the most part I don't buy albums for okie dokie freestyles.  But I agree with Now-I-Know to a certain extent when he talks about credibiility.  But I'll qualify it by saying simply liking them doesn't mean your pass should be revoked.  But when you say outlandish shit like they are better than Wu/Nas/Jay makes you look like a retard.

Diabolical

Re: Why are so many posters here about the Dip Set?
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2006, 05:10:00 PM »
which dipset songs are good?

Which Pope's have been catholics?

Yeah but the pope is a cunt

"THE" MoSav

Re: trying to understand all this dipset hype...
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2006, 05:33:07 PM »
I bought Diplomatic Immunity when it dropped.  I remember hearing Dipset Anthem / I really Mean It vid and was blown away.  Those were some of the sickest beats.  In picking up the album, the beats were in the same vein - some of the best overall production on a CD that I had bought in a while at the time.  Production wise that DOUBLE album blew me away.  However, there were numerous skits / freestyles / remixes that watered it down.

On a freestyle tip, i'll give them credit.  Actually, I'll give Cam props on that.  He's got a definite swagger and very charismatic.  Its not shocking at all that some people think he's a god.  I think Juelz is very overated.  They've got some wordplay and punchlines, and if you like raps about guns / crack they're the perfect blend.  Also if rappers fashion is very important to you, they will appeal as well.

But for the most part I don't buy albums for okie dokie freestyles.  But I agree with Now-I-Know to a certain extent when he talks about credibiility.  But I'll qualify it by saying simply liking them doesn't mean your pass should be revoked.  But when you say outlandish shit like they are better than Wu/Nas/Jay makes you look like a retard.

At least you can give the movement its proper due. ;D

The Best of 3 Worlds