Author Topic: How big a bomb is that Busta isn't even gold  (Read 469 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: How big a bomb is that Busta isn't even gold
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2006, 08:40:49 AM »
Busta's record is a solid record - but I think it doesn't sell 'cause it doesn't sound commercial enough.

It is surprising that he hasn't gone gold though, I admit it. Sales can be funny sometimes. But then again - few of the actually good records that have come out recently have sold very well. (e.g. Cube's record, 40's record, Fishcale, Big Bang all are under gold status... (Or is Fishscale gold?) But, Cube & 40 are indie, so in that league their sales are really good. However compared to usual "big seller" numbers they haven't succeeded well.)

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 08:51:52 AM »
So far Bustas album is the best of the year in my book. The only reason it isn't selling is because its not mainstream sounding enough. I bet you if he collaborated with someone from the south or had a song with fucking Mariah Carey or something the album would already be gold. Plus people only wanna hear a Dre produced album with Eminem or 50 Cent on it otherwise the album won't sell.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 09:39:29 AM »
His problem is they were fucking around.  Touch It was HUGE early in the year, it was like #1 on 106 & Park.  I guarantee you if they dropped it in February or something, he would be platinum.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 10:36:33 AM »
His problem is they were fucking around.  Touch It was HUGE early in the year, it was like #1 on 106 & Park.  I guarantee you if they dropped it in February or something, he would be platinum.

yeah, they kept pushing shit back

and I luv my btich was a bad choice for 2nd signle becuse there were several better tracks to chose from
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

dameons

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 10:40:11 AM »
Oh fuck, not even gold is huge frustration for Dre.

Matty

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 11:27:18 AM »
like people have pointed out they were stupid for not dropping the album when touch it was causing a buzz for busta. it had faded out when the lp actually dropped and i love my bitch was not a hype enough single to recreate the earlier buzz. interscope were idiots with this one. people are gonna buy a record based on singles released on or around its actual release date - not months earlier...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2006, 11:29:02 AM »
like people have pointed out they were stupid for not dropping the album when touch it was causing a buzz for busta. it had faded out when the lp actually dropped and i love my bitch was not a hype enough single to recreate the earlier buzz. interscope were idiots with this one. people are gonna buy a record based on singles released on or around its actual release date - not months earlier...

They did the same shit with Obie and Pharrell, who already flopped

Matty

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2006, 11:36:36 AM »
the funny thing was busta was like 'the big bang is coming, you better be ready, flipmode aftermath etc etc' when touch it was released. fair enough, decent enough club single but we presume something really dope (presumably with DRE) is gonna follow this up. we get to the stage when this BIG BANG is supposed to connect before the lp's release and he drops i love my bitch, which was laughable...

how we do it over here would have been the best single choice, even though i think dre and busta should have come up with something a lot better, it atleast would have helped sales and got spins in the clubs. hell i even played it during some of my sets at university when the album leaked and people were feeling it, sounded pretty sick on a club system and was the right speed to blend into those countless hit g-unit records @ around 98bpm.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2006, 12:03:37 PM »
man...maybe we should just face it....busta might be done....he's been a monster for 10 years...but his album "it aint safe no more" only went gold...and now this album cant even hit gold....the mainstream aint checking for busta like they used to....they'd rather hear some youngster w/ his lolipop bubblegum rap bullshit....

rik

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2006, 12:33:21 PM »
Big Bang > any album on west in 06

Not true.

Murray's Revenge >>>>>>>>>>> Any album in 06

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2006, 12:55:34 PM »
Well, atleast he's nominated for sum MTV VMA's this month.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

PLANT

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2006, 01:45:46 PM »
I was really dissapointed with this album....and I didnt buy it

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2006, 03:12:04 PM »
I was really dissapointed with this album....and I didnt buy it
that album sucked. but ive never realy been a busta fan. hes just kinda wack.

Sikotic™

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2006, 03:43:32 PM »
I have never been and still am not a Busta fan. To me, this was his most listenable album. There were some heaters on it, but still nothing that great to me.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2006, 03:44:52 PM »
I have never been and still am not a Busta fan. To me, this was his most listenable album. There were some heaters on it, but still nothing that great to me.

Yeah I have never been a Busta fan and I dont like his other albums and havnt really heard them, but I really liked The Big Bang