Author Topic: Islamists have finally come up with a tactic that makes them hard to defeat  (Read 347 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
One thing everyone knows is that Islamic fascists like the Taliban, Al-Quada, Hezballah, etc simply don't have the technological and military power that countries like the US, Israel Britiain, etc have. That is why they are easily defeated in traditional warfare like we saw in Afghanistan. But what we are seeing now in Lebanon is probably a breakthrough in the tactics they use. Hezballah has grasped the fact that the more they endanger their own people and get them killed, the better it is for them politically. They can base their operations and launch attacks from civilain areas, and when those same areas get hit in a response it is Israel and the US that get blamed. Very little criticism gets leveled at Hezballah for putting innocent people in harm's way. Since the media is such a huge part of warfare these days, the Islamic fascists gained support and sympathy from the rest of the world and it helps them politically.

Sad but true.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
or maybe they simply view the conflict different with israel being the aggressor and hezbullah giving them a hard time against the mightiest power in the region

and taliban are still active in afganistan our forces are over stretched

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Hezbollah is pathetic...

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Israeli Soldiers Find a Tenacious Foe in Hezbollah

By Jonathan Finer
Washington Post Foreign Service
Tuesday, August 8, 2006; Page A01

KIRYAT SHEMONA, Israel, Aug. 7 -- Late last week while guarding a house in southern Lebanon that Israeli forces were using as a command post, Cpl. Matan Tyler received an unusual order from his commander: Watch out for guys wearing Israeli uniforms.

A day earlier, a nearby regiment had been approached by fighters wearing familiar olive shirts and vests with Hebrew writing, Tyler said he was told. The fighters -- Hezbollah militiamen disguised as Israelis -- opened fire on a house full of Israeli soldiers.

"You really can't underestimate the Hezbollah," said Tyler, 20, a member of the army's Nahal Brigade. "They are the masters of the field. They know the area better than us. They know where to hide and when to move. They always know where we are."

The incident is just one among dozens of examples of an enemy that has proven more resilient and better-equipped than Israeli military forces anticipated. After nearly four weeks of air attacks and ground combat, Israeli military officials say that they have killed only a small fraction of Hezbollah's fighters and that the group still has hundreds of launchers and thousands of rockets at its disposal.

"What we face is an infantry division with state-of-the-art weaponry -- night-vision gear, advanced rifles, well-equipped -- deployed along our border," said Brig. Gen. Yossi Kuperwasser, who until last month was director of analysis for Israeli military intelligence. "They have some of the most advanced antitank missiles in the world."

In more than two dozen interviews at army bases, hotels, artillery batteries and staging points for their entry into Lebanon since the heaviest ground fighting began last week, Israeli soldiers expressed confidence in their superiority over Hezbollah, but frustration that they are fighting an elusive enemy as difficult to find as it is to defeat.

"Most of the time we only see them when they want to draw attention to themselves, then they kick us from behind," said Tyler, who was resting with his battalion at a lakefront hotel near Tiberias after a week in southern Lebanon. "It's horrible, yes. You feel -- not weak, but how do you say it, threatened? There is always, always uncertainty."

Several soldiers said they were surprised by how long the operation has taken. When Israelis invaded Lebanon in 1982, they reached to within 10 miles of Beirut in two days. In the current conflict, after more than three weeks of fighting, the heaviest ground combat is still in a string of towns along the border.

"It's so slow and you're just going crazy. You're not really getting very far in there and it's brutally hot just sitting in those houses," said Cpl. David Gross, 22, of Livingston, N.J., who moved to Israel two years ago to join the army.

"Look, we're all smart enough to know it's probably best that they do it this way. Fewer people get killed," he added. "But it's also hard because I don't know if we will ever be able to stop the rocket attacks. You just feel like we'll keep pushing them back and they'll just shoot the rockets farther. Is that frustrating? Yes."

The soldiers described a battlefield littered with booby traps and fortified by fighters who have been preparing to repel a ground invasion since Israeli withdrew from southern Lebanon six years ago, after an 18-year occupation.

Master Sgt. Yusaf, a scout for the army's Baram Brigade who spent 16 years fighting in southern Lebanon during the 1980s and 1990s and who spoke on the condition that only his first name be used, said comparing Hezbollah's capabilities then and now "is like talking about the difference between men who have guns and an army."

... "They are experts at deception. Everyone will think they won no matter what. That's how you win when there's a few thousand of you and 50,000 of us," he said. "The more of them we kill, the more of them who are generated. Unfortunately, this is a lost war."

my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

J Bananas

*does the running man to mista fab's ghost ride it*!

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
One thing everyone knows is that Islamic fascists like the Taliban, Al-Quada, Hezballah, etc simply don't have the technological and military power that countries like the US, Israel Britiain, etc have. That is why they are easily defeated in traditional warfare like we saw in Afghanistan. But what we are seeing now in Lebanon is probably a breakthrough in the tactics they use. Hezballah has grasped the fact that the more they endanger their own people and get them killed, the better it is for them politically. They can base their operations and launch attacks from civilain areas, and when those same areas get hit in a response it is Israel and the US that get blamed. Very little criticism gets leveled at Hezballah for putting innocent people in harm's way. Since the media is such a huge part of warfare these days, the Islamic fascists gained support and sympathy from the rest of the world and it helps them politically.

Sad but true.

1. youre a faggot
2. havin confirmed that, tell me faggot, if u were hezbollah what do u suppose u should do? set up military bases for the IDF to pick off? set off smoke screens showing where u guys are gathered, then prepare to fight fairly?
3. the IDF invaded southern lebanon. the people of southern lebanon are fighting back. what dont u understand
4. youre a faggot
5. IDF intentionally targets civilians. this is a fact. it may not do it all the time. but it does.
6. despite your faggotism, even u cant be this stupid. follow closely polack. when u bomb an entire country, indiscriminately, you will kill shitloads of civilians. got it? good.
7. youre a faggot
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Just like every other debate... Real American lost this one.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Just like every other debate... Real American lost this one.

too bad cant say the same about his virginity
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Hezballah The U.S.A. has grasped the fact that the more they endanger their own people and get them killed, the better it is for them politically.

Sad but true.

I'm glad you recognize that, you Polish slut.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
2. havin confirmed that, tell me faggot, if u were hezbollah what do u suppose u should do? set up military bases for the IDF to pick off? set off smoke screens showing where u guys are gathered, then prepare to fight fairly?

That is Hezballah's dillemma. If they did congregate like a traditional army in military bases, they would be wiped out. But because they base their operations in civilain areas, they end up putting their very own people in the middle of a war. You can't blame Israel for civilain deaths when hezballah sets up shop in civilain areas. What is Israel supposed to do...let Hezballah attack but not respond because they are surrounded by civilains? Muslims always hide behind women and children.

5. IDF intentionally targets civilians. this is a fact. it may not do it all the time. but it does.

Why would Israel intentionally target civilains? Civilain deaths only hurt Israel by turning the world opinion against them.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Why would Israel intentionally target civilains? Civilain deaths only hurt Israel by turning the world opinion against them.
The International Court condemned their wall... they've violated all sorts of international laws... you think they give a fuck about a "world opinion" when they don't even give a fuck about "world laws"..?

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The wall serves a purpose...it protects Israel from terrorists. Intentionally killing civilains serves no purpose and that is why Israel would never do that.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The wall serves a purpose...it protects Israel from terrorists. Intentionally killing civilains serves no purpose and that is why Israel would never do that.

1. There are many cases of Israel intentionally killing civilians... bombing of entire towns and villages... children being shot in cold blood... and in one specific case there is recorded evidence of the soldiers' conversation before the shooting that confirms the fact that they realize it was a child of about 10 years of age who posed no threat.

2. For the sake of the argument I'll accept that the wall serves that purpose... fine... but it should then be built on the fuckin border (green line)... not into Palestinian territory to the point where they have to bulldoze homes, cut the people off from their agriculture (from which they derive their income), etc.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
exactly when i america builds their against mexico do u think they are gonna put in the middle of mexican terriroty and to hell with the houses, farms and villages it goes straight through like israel did with its wall?

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?