Author Topic: The word legend and the word classic  (Read 247 times)

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The word legend and the word classic
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 11:50:32 PM »
e-40 might be a legend but a Local legend---oakland

Umm he is from Vallejo not Oakland ::)

LOL i didnt even notice that :D

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2006, 03:27:52 AM »
Those 2 words get abused more than Tina Turner.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Diabolical

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2006, 04:46:36 AM »
This Shawn Nutt has no clue what he's talking about.

The first two posts are on point.

lol, i dont see the difference between my post regarding JR Writer and the first post regarding WC... please show me where the difference lies

There is no difference at all you are right,  Knuckles just got butthurt cause you mentioned that a dipset album is classic.  I agree, J.R.'s album is a CLASSIC, a fuckin great album!

There you go AGAIN.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006, 08:15:17 AM »
Upset?  I have no feelings (good or bad) towards Dipset at all.  Infact, I can't say that I've even heard any of those guys other than Cam rap.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 08:22:09 AM »
lol, i dont see the difference between my post regarding JR Writer and the first post regarding WC... please show me where the difference lies

...were as e-40 might be a legend but a Local legend---oakland

I think theres 2 types of classics. 1 there a hip hop classic ie doggystyle, cronic, ilmatic.... then theres personal classics like for me its the shadiest one by wc or the streets by kurupt. Dosent mean that its my favorite that its regarded as a hip hop classic.

... imo, JR Writer's History In The Making is a classic, and i dont even like anyone else in dipset... its a 9.5/10 album, so to me its a classic

I like this quote:

its a classic IMO, because i enjoy listening to it more than anything else right now, and is better than most " certified classics"

haha

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 10:33:04 AM »

...were as e-40 might be a legend but a Local legend---oakland

I think theres 2 types of classics. 1 there a hip hop classic ie doggystyle, cronic, ilmatic.... then theres personal classics like for me its the shadiest one by wc or the streets by kurupt. Dosent mean that its my favorite that its regarded as a hip hop classic.

... imo, JR Writer's History In The Making is a classic, and i dont even like anyone else in dipset... its a 9.5/10 album, so to me its a classic

I like this quote:

its a classic IMO, because i enjoy listening to it more than anything else right now, and is better than most " certified classics"

haha

? im still not following you man, lol...

doesnt "personal classic" = "a classic imo"? maybe u misunderstood me when i said "imo"... i meant that i believe its a classic because i love the album, not because i think everyone should love the album too and also believe its a classic... like when i think "what are my fav albums of all time?", i think HITM, and others would say The Shadiest One... thats what i meant, if that clears it up for u

youngmessnucca

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2006, 12:51:53 PM »
I think that calling someone a legend and calling something a classic is all a matter of opinion. That;'s why I get heated when someone says a song or album is a classic, followed by heads telling him he's wrong and a fool. It's all a matter of personal taste. One man's trash is another's treasure and vica versa.