Author Topic: Daz got Punked by XXL  (Read 1120 times)

Semi-Auto

• 'G'
Re: Daz got Punked by XXL
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 06:47:33 AM »
they be hatin on anything that come out the westcoast anyway! real spit...
GRAB MY BRAND NEW 2013 ALBUM... OG Semi-Auto "FULL METAL JACKET" AVAILABLE NOW at (Itunes) https://itun.es/us/1kcqR & (CDBABY) http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ogsemiauto

GANGSTA SHIT!!!!!

R.I.P. my lil cousin TRACY "TRE" WILLIAMS JR.

CJMacc

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 07:31:58 AM »
i read the album reviews all the time... but i never follow there ratings.... i just check to see what songs are hot and shit like that.... and who they got on production... but that's about it.... and the women in the magz... that's about it... lol... aiightz...

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 09:31:17 AM »
Lol @ Trauma being Quik's worst album....He put out a frisbee and called it "Under The Influnece"

I like to read album reviews after the cd has been out for about 6 months to a year....It's interesting reading how "great" one album is that is easily forgetable, and then reading how "terrible" another album is that became popular with alot of people...I rarely buy albums anyway, so I don't base my judgement off of someone elses review

I don't expect this album to be anything like "RAW", but I do expect it to be better than "This Is The Life I Lead"
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 03:21:14 PM by Crip2Nite »

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

XaNdEr

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 09:40:33 AM »
i think it might be better then we all expect, at least its original, with JD on it and stuff, i mean Daz never did that before so, well i just wait with my opinion for it comes out

XXL is just wack, i prefer my own opinions above theirs anytime  ;)

youngmessnucca

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 02:29:32 PM »
Hey you know what reviews you can trust? Head over to DubCnn and find out.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 03:15:46 PM »
the source reviews are much better now that there's no benzino bias in them, but the only legit XXL rating ive seen recently was a XL to The Roots.

acgrundy

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 05:29:26 PM »
Your wrong GRUNDY!! Trauma was excellent, you just didnt listen hard enough.

how the fuck am I wrong you morons, its my opinion.  Trauma was one of the best albums of 2005, but thats not saying much at all.  Under the influence is way better than this album.  Most of you people just live below average live and you are satisfied with below average or mediocre things in your life.  I'm not.  I'm a perfectionist, and if it ain't perfect or damn close than I am not satisfied with it.  Thats how I live.

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 05:32:24 PM »
Your wrong GRUNDY!! Trauma was excellent, you just didnt listen hard enough.

how the fuck am I wrong you morons, its my opinion.  Trauma was one of the best albums of 2005, but thats not saying much at all.  Under the influence is way better than this album.  Most of you people just live below average live and you are satisfied with below average or mediocre things in your life.  I'm not.  I'm a perfectionist, and if it ain't perfect or damn close than I am not satisfied with it.  Thats how I live.

HAHAHAHA, You always turn music discussions into discussions bout living your life and shit, you act like you are 50 years old hahahha.  And Trauma > Under Tha Influence

Dopeisjay

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2006, 10:37:51 AM »
Well now that i checked.. Quik didnt get a bad review on the album.. from what i remember he got an XL on the album.. and on the source he got.. 4 mic's out of 5... but i think should of gotten 5 out of 5... cause.. honestly... album was dope... cant wait for tha new secret project "album"... to come out...  it's gonna be straight fire!!!!...

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2006, 10:43:00 AM »
i always read the reviews in xxl or the source but it doesnt determine whether i buy the album or not.

check out www.rapreviews.com if u want to read unbiased well written reviews.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Narrator

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2006, 08:40:20 PM »
check out www.rapreviews.com if u want to read unbiased well written reviews.

Yeah, I generally trust them.  I know Flash personally, and dude is about as unbiased as they come.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2006, 05:47:11 AM »
XXL just gave the new Daz album "SO So Gangsta" an L rating.  Damn, Daz got dissed.  It says that his album is just "So So average."  Everything i've heard from the album has been heat. 

does anybody really think a Daz record will ever be anything more than a L, lyrically? That doesnt sound too far off to me. The beats MIGHT be pretty good, but lyrically...I mean come on, this is Daz we're talking about. Lets be serious.

Hectic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • 60,000 RECORDS SOLD OUT THE TRUNK!!!!
Re: Daz got Punked by XXLmag
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2006, 04:11:11 PM »
its usually the opposite these mag r all washed up