Author Topic: WC Speaks His Mind On Dubcnn [Exclusive 1 Hour Interview Up Now!]  (Read 978 times)

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WC Speaks His Mind On Dubcnn [Exclusive 1 Hour Interview Up Now!]
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2006, 04:51:56 PM »
For those saying that Dub sounded bitter.. Go check out Scipio's song "Bangin on Em" (or something like that). He starts the song off by saying "You old niggas is done with, let the New West in". Now tell me that's not being disrespectful, you can't be saying that shit man. As a new artist you gotta give props to the OGs who paved their way to even exist in the rap game. If you wanna do it on your own, cool. But don't try to go against them and start disconnecting yourself. Cause that song is what it all started for Dub to be saying that.

"These OG's is played out like Atari 
I just call it how I see it, I'm sorry 

You know them young boys packin' them nines
And them OG's wish they was back in they prime 
Yea they heard about yo ass doin' that time
They don't give a fuck, they ain't tryin' ta let ya grind
They don't respect you, they ain't tryin' ta let you shine
In yo head you thinkin' like 'This used to be mine'
"

Although this was written by a dude from Brooklyn (Uncle Murda) and is about street shit, as opposed to the Rap game, it's still relevent to what the New West/Old West. The bold is pretty accurate to the situation. 99% of these old ass Rappers are played the fuck out dudes who wish they were still in the late 80s, early 90s when they were hot. And since they're the OG's and have more pull in this industry, they're not trying to see new cats shine, cuz they're not ready to let go of their "Crown."

I don't think Scipio is wrong for saying what he said. If these old cats aren't respecting him, why should he respect them?

Respect is earned......just because your new 2 tha game don't mean you gotta be respectin....that's the problem wit young niggas you gotta respect where you've been...so you know where your going.....how u gonna disrespect niggas that put it down for your bitch azz to even yell that west coast shit.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2006, 05:37:12 PM »
Wow!! Propz!! Im gonna check this later

The Best of 3 Worlds

SGV

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2006, 11:04:30 PM »

Respect is earned......just because your new 2 tha game don't mean you gotta be respectin....that's the problem wit young niggas you gotta respect where you've been...so you know where your going.....how u gonna disrespect niggas that put it down for your bitch azz to even yell that west coast shit.

Exactly, it is earned. So just beacause you're an O.G. in the game doesn't mean people are gonna have to respect you, if you don't respect them. These New West cats have been starving for a chance. But when was the last time you seen Dub C put out an artist? Ice Cube? DJ Quik? MC Eiht? etc. These older dudes ain't respecting the new cats, so why give respect back? People swear you HAVE to respect these dudes. Yes, they put the West on the map. Yes, they're the reason we yell West Coast, but if they ain't helpin' out the new blood, the people who are going to CARRY the flag from now on, then why respect them?