Author Topic: Where would Eminem fit in on your list?  (Read 530 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Where would Eminem fit in on your list?
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2006, 02:25:54 AM »
LMAO@"Infinite" being the worst thing someone heard...I swear to God, I have to laugh at least once when coming to the music sections on WCC..It's like tradition.

word.. and Infinite was just something Eminem did way back in 96' before he found his Slim Shady character, he said it was really just like a demo that got pressed, and yet it is still lyrically superior.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2006, 02:38:55 AM »
Em is defintaly in the top 10 for me, maybe top 5 even.

His lyrical content has just fallen the fuck off. Dude doesn't have anything to rap about these days, evident on Encore (partly Eminem Show) and pretty much anything ever since. After his life story was told, dude wasnt inspired anymore and put out weak product.

Skillwise though? Forgetaboutit. The verse on Obie's album is proof enough that his skills haven't gone anywhere, he just lacks inspiration. Starts off on some staright up Slim Shady shit:

"Meat cleaver leave a gash in a bitches ass,
she had dreams of being an R&B singer diva,
Leave her face, cut her from the waist
Ah man what a waste of a pretty face..."

Then it goes on to tell how gangsta Detroit is - while "gangsta shit" isn't exactly what Eminem brings to mind, he drops the rhymes with the skills he's known for. He doesn't claim to be gangsta himself though - what he says about Detroit is probably all true - but still you'd expect something else from the dude.

Also when he came out on the Busta performance at the BET awards, I think he spit vicious what he spit, but the content was just some meaningless wildin' out type of shit.

Before all that though - back when Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP came out - dude was on top of the game, no doubt. I think it was Chris Rock on Conan O'Brien's show who said it well - "The world is coming to and end - the best golfer is black and the best rapper is white." That's how it was back then.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 02:40:26 AM by T-Dogg »

Diabolical

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2006, 05:42:50 AM »
LMAO@"Infinite" being the worst thing someone heard...I swear to God, I have to laugh at least once when coming to the music sections on WCC..It's like tradition.

Yeah I know man, he even said 'What Hits?' I lost it there lol.