Author Topic: Skaters......  (Read 503 times)

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
Re: Skaters......
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2002, 10:26:42 PM »
I actually know one cat really good that skates. He breaks too. He's really good at it too.

Dam thats one smart cat.  I know a dog that raps.

lmao

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Pillow

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2002, 08:36:51 PM »
nottin against the skaters on this board but skaters are gay. i hate thier style of clothing and how they act, shit bugs

dont u hate niggers and jews too??  :-X

no, i dont hate african americans and jews. where the fuck did u come up with some shit like that? half my homies are black. and i have no probs with jews at all, i got 2 next door nieghbors that are jewish that i am pretty close with. check ur self before u comment boy.

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2002, 07:14:45 AM »
nottin against the skaters on this board but skaters are gay. i hate thier style of clothing and how they act, shit bugs

dont u hate niggers and jews too??  :-X

no, i dont hate african americans and jews. where the fuck did u come up with some shit like that? half my homies are black. and i have no probs with jews at all, i got 2 next door nieghbors that are jewish that i am pretty close with. check ur self before u comment boy.

yea.. i dont know shit about u.. but a comment like "skaters r gay" is pretty similuar to comments like "niggers and jews r gay"... :-\

u seam to be a very prejudiced person..

lol.. im maybe a prejudiced person too, cause i think u are  ;D
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

Don Seer

Re:Skaters......
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2002, 10:05:36 AM »
* Overseer batters tinman with his board  :P

Don Seer

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2005, 12:29:07 AM »
and i mean boarders, not gay ass blades - lol

how many we got here? apart from the big ole CPG OG's me and Exzit

most of ya'll won't know (i think only the IRC folx do) but i started skatin again just over a month ago.. i feel fitter already. i missed it for the last 4 years.

i'm still skatin :)

2.5 years later!

ecrazy

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2005, 12:37:44 AM »
I Stopped skating after i got my car...i took my nephew to the skate park Once in the 2 years since i got my car, and i was still aight i guess, I couldnt really do flip tricks anymore, but other than that, i was movin up and down the ramps ok

Doggystylin

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2005, 12:50:52 AM »
I used to skate back around 99-2000...then i stopped til 04 right now i like to skate sometimes jus for fun, i completely suck it and i wouldnt call myself a skater, i just like to try cuz it looks cool and i always end up hurting myself. I have some skater clothes, like a few DC shirts, etnies shoes and stuff but then again i have more than 1 style...

and about skaters that listen to rap....hell yeah they do, theres plenty of them, not all of the of course, theres the share that listen to punk but many of them are open to punk and rap, just like a lot of rap heads are open to rock.. and those of you who said they listen to underground backpack rap, well your right, their into atmosphere, living legends, hiero, that type of shit..

Don Seer

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2005, 04:10:34 AM »
over here the people i skate with are just as diverse as the people i know who don't skate.. so i don't think you can really pigeon hole 'skater music' taste... although my car has a reputation as being the "g ride" when we're out travelling  :D

i just (like 30 mins ago) copped a cheap camcorder on ebay.. some of my homies have some decent digital ones (one was a film student) but i just want one to have to mess about stuff.. plus i did an amazing slam yesterday down a set of setps which would have been hilarious on film (ended up upside down wedged between a gate and a kerb..lmao.. bit achey today coz of that.. hehe)  my friend puts together a local scene video so we can submit some footage thats made with my cam when they arent about.. although i have a feelnig he might be snobby about it not being digital (its Hi-8).. but fuck it..
(i have a nvidia 5950 ultra MyVIVO on my home PC so i can rip to my computer easily)

i'm no good compared to how i used to be these days.. but its great fun as a sport and as a social thing.. having a cam will make it more fun.. if anything i can make my own little reel just for myself..

am currently thinking about 1) how i'm going to prop this little camera up on my car while we're filming and 2) how to charge the camera from my car.. maybe a voltage inverter? will see what widgets the cam comes with
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 04:15:47 AM by Overseer »

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2005, 04:47:00 AM »
I use to skate everyday when I use to live in Southern California but I stoped when I moved to Florida.

Most skaters out their in Souther California like rap and not just the commecrical shit but also some of the underground shit. In Florida they are all these gay ass skaters that dress goth and shit and act gay and listen to punk. I hate those types.

DAYUM

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2005, 05:53:36 AM »
i use to skate when i was younger i was bad ass too but i kinda grew out of it cus i was tired of buying boards n shit

i remember my last board was an element i forgot what happened to it tho...

i still wear skater shoes and some clotheing tho

Throwback

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2005, 06:47:33 AM »
im a skateboarder. dont look like one though.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2005, 10:53:55 AM »
this thread is all about stereotypes.. ive seen skaters that listen to mostly rock, ive seen skaters that listen to mostly rap.. it depends on the person

We Fly High

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2005, 12:50:54 PM »
suprisingly, i skate too. bet you guys didnt know that. i used to skate back in HS for a little before i got a car... but now i use the skateboard at college to get around the neighborhoods. not really doin anythin serious with it though, already got my fractured bone from doing stupid shit. i mainly use it as a form of short term tranposrtation now, cos my neighborhood has hella cars, and once you move your car out your space, its going to get taken and it takes forever to find another one, so ive grown used to just skating as transportation.

i dunno, the skater culture must be much different in california, cos most of the ones i know and have seen are all hella down with hip hop, like to the fullest. and they're the last people to be bumpin radio mainstream shit. most are down with the rawest underground shit. if you take the time to watch skate videos, they play like punk music in it but they also play some hardcore underground hip hop. like if you go to skate shops nowadays, you see hella hip hop mixtapes in there. i dunno, i definitely dont think theres a separation of culture. maybe a little bit.. its hard to even imagine a skater that would listen to radio mainstream, cos the type of activities they do are pretty extreme, and i think that would reflect in their music, you know what i mean.

if you guys know the clothing brand Lifted Research Group, everyone in hip hop wears the brand. they sponsor Jadakiss, just blaze, kanye west, the roots, raekwon, de la soul, talib kweli, planet asia, living legends, alchemist, john legend,etc.. but the thing is theyre originally known as a skate brand and they used to and still sponsor cats like karl watson and rob gonzalez. that part of the skate culture has definitely meshed.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 12:53:03 PM by Justin-Dubcnn »

Don Seer

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2005, 02:04:34 PM »

skateboarding originated on the west coast too remember  ;D

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2005, 03:08:54 PM »
i never really tried to seriously, but i like snowboarding, which is similar, also as for the whole style, kinda. i wear some skater clothes, but not always and not exclusively...and as for music, like white boy said, you can´t generalize it. still, MOST skaters i know like rap, but more the european stuff and the blackstar-roots-ditc etc. shit, many are very concerned to talk about ´gangsta rappers´ as disdainfully as possible, prolly also to distance themselves from the fubu-wearing hiphop kids, cause most of em don´t know shit about gangsta rap at all. there are many who like ska and punk too though, and rock music in general