Author Topic: US under fire for hiring mercenary's to disrupt the Islamic courts in Somalia...  (Read 240 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
www.npr.com

U.S. Accused of Being Involved in Illegal Mercenary Ops in Somalia

In other news from Africa, the Observer newspaper of London reports evidence has emerged that America is involved in illegal mercenary operations in Somalia. The newspaper said it has obtained leaked emails that suggest the CIA had knowledge of plans to run covert military operations inside Somalia - against UN rulings. The U.S. mercenary company involved has been identified as Select Armor – a firm based in Virginia.

...After 15 years of suffering under the grip of warlords and tribalism these people finally unite and come together to biuld up their country under the banner of the Islamic courts, but Bush doesn't want to see black people unite.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
lmao at somalia being united one of ur most stupidest statements ever made

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

J Bananas

bry guy,

do it pussy,

oh and i murked you in keystyle too, im waiting for your sure to be deadly response

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
lmao at somalia being united one of ur most stupidest statements ever made

seems like some people at the forum don't want to see them united either

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
I would like to see them united but they've gone 15 years without a functioning governement, the islamic courts is just latest example of the people of somalia being denied this right, because they are standing in the way of the governent which is trying to establish its authority and bring peace to this feudal nation. now the islamic courts are trying to impose their own taxes they are directly challenging this government and trying to disrupt the unity this governement is trying to bring to the nation

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
I would like to see them united but they've gone 15 years without a functioning governement, the islamic courts is just latest example of the people of somalia being denied this right, because they are standing in the way of the governent which is trying to establish its authority and bring peace to this feudal nation. now the islamic courts are trying to impose their own taxes they are directly challenging this government and trying to disrupt the unity this governement is trying to bring to the nation

One shouldn't just repeat whatever they happened to hear Tony Blair say. 

Just because a few Somalians get together in Kenya with the backing of the UN and start saying they are the new "transitional government" doesn't mean that they have earned the right to govern the people, and it doesn't assume them any sovereignty.  The people of Somalia have spoken.  They want Islam.  They want an end to the US-backed warlords.  The Islamic courts have had rapid success.  They have been able to accomplish things that have not been accomplished in 15 years, such as the opening of major airports and seaports; Somalians from around the world are able to go back home again for the first time in years and visit their families and reclaim properities that were stolen from them by the warlords.

These Islamic courts of Somalia represent the only regions of the country where there is peace, security, and prosperity, before the Islamic courts they would kidnap children regularly and ransom them for money.  The Islamic courts stepped in and put an end to all kinds of criminal practices, and the people found Unity in the Unity of Allah. 

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Like you would even care about Somalia if it wasn't for the Islam issue. You can argue all you want, but  Somalia is not united. The fact is that Somalia has no recognized central government authority nor any other feature associated with an established independent state. Blame who ever you want, but that is the truth. The country is messed up right now.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Like you would even care about Somalia if it wasn't for the Islam issue. You can argue all you want, but  Somalia is not united. The fact is that Somalia has no recognized central government authority nor any other feature associated with an established independent state. Blame who ever you want, but that is the truth. The country is messed up right now.

So it's only a legitimate government if a bunch of white diplomats from America and Europe get together and decide that it's a legitimate government?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

One shouldn't just repeat whatever they happened to hear Tony Blair say. 

Just because a few Somalians get together in Kenya with the backing of the UN and start saying they are the new "transitional government" doesn't mean that they have earned the right to govern the people, and it doesn't assume them any sovereignty.  The people of Somalia have spoken.  They want Islam.  They want an end to the US-backed warlords.  The Islamic courts have had rapid success.  They have been able to accomplish things that have not been accomplished in 15 years, such as the opening of major airports and seaports; Somalians from around the world are able to go back home again for the first time in years and visit their families and reclaim properities that were stolen from them by the warlords.

These Islamic courts of Somalia represent the only regions of the country where there is peace, security, and prosperity, before the Islamic courts they would kidnap children regularly and ransom them for money.  The Islamic courts stepped in and put an end to all kinds of criminal practices, and the people found Unity in the Unity of Allah. 
one wasn't quoting tony blair, one was stating his opinion. Infact I have never heard Blair speak on the issue and i'll think you'll find I don't just go along with everything he says you only have to read my posts, in each of them i use my own judgements not those of tony blair or my local muslim cleric.

Tell when the people of somalia voted for the islamic courts? why is there this other government if everyone in somalia they want the islamic courts? were they invited or did they impose themselves?

Does the US really back the war lords? It was my understanding it was the war lords who chased the americans OUT of Somalia.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

So it's only a legitimate government if a bunch of white diplomats from America and Europe get together and decide that it's a legitimate government?
Did I say that? I'm saying there are no aspects that really make it a legit government. And even Somalia's neighbors (Black people) will tell you that.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
1st of all, don rizzle youre confused. the islamic courts have a more legitimate claim to govern then the UN transitional govt

that govt was cobbled together by a series of warlord/clansmen....however, not only is it powerless but it also has alienated other clans and tribes

so ultimately neither side is truly representative of the entire nation

so we can only compare the two on its merits. the un govt is a powerless govt that will never be able to govern.

the islamic courts control half the country and has restored order

plus also consider the regional context (ethiopia/eritrea)

btw, does anyone else feel an eerie sense of deja vu in somalia vis a vis the Taliban in the mid 90s?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
1st of all, don rizzle youre confused. the islamic courts have a more legitimate claim to govern then the UN transitional govt

that govt was cobbled together by a series of warlord/clansmen....however, not only is it powerless but it also has alienated other clans and tribes

so ultimately neither side is truly representative of the entire nation

so we can only compare the two on its merits. the un govt is a powerless govt that will never be able to govern.

the islamic courts control half the country and has restored order

plus also consider the regional context (ethiopia/eritrea)

btw, does anyone else feel an eerie sense of deja vu in somalia vis a vis the Taliban in the mid 90s?
1st of all i'm not confused. I never said the UN backed government was representitive of the entire poulation, never even said they have wide ranging authority, I stated this is what they were trying to do. My main point was disputing infinate's statement saying the people of somalia were united under the islamic courts, a position to which you agreed with in your post.

My reason to question the islamic courts is that they have had 15 years to do something in somalia, so why is it that they only spring up in the relative calm of this transition government of bringing the war lords together in order for there to be peace, the Islamic courts are a direct challange to this and thus is pouring fuel on the embres of somalia and potentially bringing civil war.  Additionally the outcome of somalia is obviously of interest to the likes of etrea and etheopia, which will also turn the heat up in somalia and possibly spill over else where.

If the Islamic courts feel they should govern, they should support the transitional government and gain the peoples support to take power in a democatic way. You won't unite a courty by imposing yourself, the coutry will be united when everyone can respect each other and their opinions.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 10:52:06 AM by Don Rizzle »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
The islamic courts havent had 15 years to restore control

its the exact situation in afghanistan in the 90s

The Taliban emerged in 94 officially but they were comprised of a coalition of civil war vets and fresh blood

in somalia, the islamic courts werent always around. its a response to the lawlessness of the 90s...they are comprised of various different fighters uniting under a new umbrella....
it is a relatively recent response

Btw, that suggestion for them to join the democratic process is foolish. Why would the islamic courts who control  half the country (and would control 2/3ds if it werent for ethiopia) join some half ass foreign backed, incompetent govt in the hopes of at best sharing power?

if youre sayin the islamic courts cannot impose their will then why should the UN transitional govt? they have an even less claim to do so. theyre based out of one province
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll