Author Topic: Game made a big mistake.. list of past people who sucked without Dre's giudance  (Read 1201 times)

$Eg2$

Snoop-  Doggystyle was a classic, Doggfather was dogshit, Dre had to come back and ressurect his carear by helping on Top Dogg

Bullshit.  Snoop may not be doing anything as good as "Doggystyle" these days, but he's still one of the best in the game.  If Dre's guidance was the only thing keeping Snoop alive, he would've sunk off the face of the Earth a while ago.

And even though "No Limit Top Dogg" and "Tha Last Meal" had Dre beats, that ain't the same thing as having Dre's guidance.  Both of those records were still exec-produced by Master P and Snoop (check the liner notes), not Dre.

Xzibit-  Dre made him a star, now he's a nobody again

Somewhat true, but Xzibit definitely does not suck, and even if his music career isn't as profitable as it used to be, he's doing well enough with "Pimp My Ride" and his movie career right now that he can't exactly be called a "nobody".

I think Death Row's demise had to do more with 2Pac's death, the Dre leaving the label.

When they still had several vaults full of Pac's material?  Not to mention Snoop still on there?

No, it definitely had more to do with Dre leaving.  The point where Death Row started falling off corresponds perfectly to Dre's departure.

you forgot Em (Dre just sent him  beats for Encore...) and 50 (50 did The Massacre on his own..)

Em started taking almost full creative control on the "Marshall Mathers LP", and that turned out dope.

50 I agree with, sorta.

Speaking of a SHady, Dr Dre, G Unit Groupie Bitch Stan LMAO Old "Lumpy" Johnson damm homie give it up

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nas is another artist that doesn't suck without Dre's guidance.  Nas came out sick with Illmatic and then fell off.  Hooked up with Dre for the Firm project, flopped.  Dropped Stillmatic without Dre.  Back in the Game.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

d-nice

Nas is another artist that doesn't suck without Dre's guidance.  Nas came out sick with Illmatic and then fell off.  Hooked up with Dre for the Firm project, flopped.  Dropped Stillmatic without Dre.  Back in the Game.

I forgot about the "Firm Fiasco". Dre has got to take some blame for that album too.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Death Row Records-  After Dre left, everything fell apart.  Dre was the visionary who saw the collapse before it happened and saved himself before it was to late.
I think Death Row's demise had to do more with 2Pac's death, the Dre leaving the label.

kemizt

everlast1986

The Firm album is great IMO

d-nice

The Firm album is great IMO

For as hyped as that album was I was disappointed. Alot of R&Bish tracks on there and that was when Nas was going through is whole Escobar stage. The only tracks I was feeling the most were the Dre cuts and the one with Canibus. It could have been alot better.

edie123

• Lil Geezy
yall forgetting The Big Bang what happened to that?

Cowboy

Yo! G-Unit victory nomsayin and The Big Bang is bangin out my trunk everyday REAL TALK HOMIE

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
lots of rappers have done well with Dre helping them..
-Eazy E
-Ice Cube
-Snoop
-Kurupt
-Daz (done very well independently)
etc etc

Dre is a great producer because he knows what the majority of people want to hear. That is why his music sells alot. But we shouldn't judge a rappers success based on numbers..

But even if we do look at sales, there has been plenty of rappers who have gone platinum THIS YEAR WITHOUT dre's help. Infact, the main flop of this year is Busta Rhymes and Mobb Deep... So Game has a great chance of doing well without dre.

NFX

• 'G'
  • Warbeats.com
Fact is that MOST artist do not have more than one or two stellar albums. Those that don't have a first hit record, rarley get a chance to have a second from a major label. Thats regardless of producer or label.

What about Truth Hurts? One great song and done. What about all the unfinished Aftermath projects (Rakim, etc)?

Dre is the man, no doubt but if an artist has what it takes they will shine regardless. Look at Snoop and Pac.

If you think about it, Storch probably has more influence in hit records than Dre for the past 5 years (including the songs he did with Dre). You could even argue that Pharrel has been doing it better than Dre for the last 5 years too.

There are several reasons why working without Dre is a smart move:

1) If Game does a hit record without Dre, it will make his stock rise so much higher than if he had done the safe thing and work with Dre.

2) Dre is so busy that getting anything released takes forever.

3) Dre usually only gives his full effort to the first album, after that he sits back in the cut.

Don't be surprised if it turns out Dre actually told Game it would be a better move without himself on the album and even gave Game feedback on the album in a non-official capacity.

Lunatic

^^ nicely put. Personally, I don't even think it's arguable whether or not Pharrell has done better then Dre in the last 5 years (making hit records, he defanitely has).
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

BL7

I'm glad Dre isn't on the album. You should buy The Game's to hear him, not Dre.

Some people act like Dre's the only person who can produce a quality record.

acgrundy

Doggfather is snoops 2nd best album, nothing else of his comes close to this one, of course doggystyle is the best.  Doggfather is a great album.

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
Mel-Man- after assisting Dre in classic records, now his face is on the back of milk cartons

Dogg Pound- Dogg Food was a classic, now they are dogg shit.

Snoop-  Doggystyle was a classic, Doggfather was dogshit, Dre had to come back and ressurect his carear by helping on Top Dogg

Death Row Records-  After Dre left, everything fell apart.  Dre was the visionary who saw the collapse before it happened and saved himself before it was to late.

Suge Knight-  he's still talking about Dre 10 years later

MC Ren-  no major success without Dre

Xzibit-  Dre made him a star, now he's a nobody again

Why don't you make a list of people who did well without a single Dre beat?

Narrator

Doggfather is snoops 2nd best album, nothing else of his comes close to this one, of course doggystyle is the best.  Doggfather is a great album.

Almost anything he did after "Da Game Is To Be Sold Not Told" (which was fuckin awful) is better than "Tha Doggfather", including both of his other two No Limit albums and even his last two records.