Author Topic: The Pope Abolishes Limbo  (Read 136 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
The Pope Abolishes Limbo
« on: October 06, 2006, 10:05:38 AM »
Anyone else think this just shows how rediculas religion is? when the pope decides if limbo exists and NOT god himself! If christianity is true then it cannot be edited, even by the pope.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Chief

Re: The Pope Abolishes Limbo
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 12:58:07 PM »
dumb question... limbo?

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 02:03:10 PM »
i wiki'd that shit nigga

In Roman Catholics terminology, limbo is the temporary status of the souls of good persons who died before the Resurrection of Jesus (the Limbo of the Fathers). The word limbo has also been used to refer to the permanent status of the unbaptized who die in infancy, without having committed any personal sins, but without having been freed from original sin (the Limbo of Children), though the latter use has never received official approval.

Limbo comes from the latin limbus meaning a hem or an edge or a boundary. While "limbo" is often popularly understood to be a "place where souls go", the term also describes and reflects theological uncertainty. As such, the limbo of children is not part of the Catholic religion's official doctrine (compared to purgatory, which is a part of Roman Catholic doctrine). Official Church teaching remains that the status of these souls (who do not seem to deserve hell, yet cannot follow the divinely-revealed path to heaven) is in limbo — in other words, their fate cannot be determined by any but God.

sounds corny doesn't it

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 03:54:07 PM »
ooh, i thought you was talkin about that game in which you gotta go under a bar without flexing the knees

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 09:16:03 PM »
^ delicious  :P
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 12:44:34 AM »
Everybody interprets religion their own way anyways. People can't even keep up wih the "standard".
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE