Author Topic: Someone give me 1 valid reason to purchase a PS3. Anybody. Help me out here.  (Read 1975 times)

Trauma-san

?  Gimme your reason, and then as the expert debater that I am, I'll anhilate it.  Be prepared; do your homework. 

On The Edge of Insanity

I'm probably not going to buy one, but it could be argued that someone wanted to get a Blu-ray player and a games console, then this would be a cheaper option than an X Box 360 or Wii and a standalone Blu-ray player.

Sorry, thats the best I could do ;D

Trauma-san

I don't think there's anybody alive hyped about a Bluray player, that does not work for Sony's promotional department.  I mean, I haven't heard 1 fucking person ever even mention it in conversation.  Alternatively, i have heard many people mention a PS3, and then say they weren't going to buy one.  So not only do they not want to buy a ps3, and have made that decision, they aren't even considering talking about a blueray player. 

So I don't think anybody wants to buy one for the player, so that's not a valid argument.... thank you for playing, though.   

next. 

everlast1986

There is no reason to pick it up. Its going to flop like the sega saturn did and in a few years there will most likely be no "Blu  Ray" or whatever you call it and its expensive as hell besides that.

MIC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
It's 4D     :D

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yea there is no point in getting one at launch or even this year because there are no real exclusive games for it that would make it worth the purchase. Most of the launch titles have already been out on 360 for a few months or more.. I hear ppl sayin there gonna get one for the new final fantasy or MGS4 but both those games arent gonna come out for awhile..

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

everlast1986

id shoot myself if i spent over $500 to get a PS3 just to play the new final fantasy

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Here we go............  ::)

I juss prefer the PS3 over the Wii and 360, but I'll still aim to get the Wii at a later date.

Sparegeez

Because you have no bitch and you're gonna have some extra time when you're not on dubcc.

We Fly High

you have to buy a HDTV to use the bluray too. so thats like another fat dent in the bank acct.

Trauma-san

There is no reason to pick it up. Its going to flop like the sega saturn did and in a few years there will most likely be no "Blu  Ray" or whatever you call it and its expensive as hell besides that.

I don't feel the ps3 will 'flop', but I think the sales will start to eventually trickle down, I don't see it being the powerhouse the ps2 has been. 

Trauma-san

Trauma-san

Here we go............  ::)

I juss prefer the PS3 over the Wii and 360, but I'll still aim to get the Wii at a later date.

That's a pretty shitty reason.  Even in my extreme fanaticism for Nintendo, I've never been so blind to buy one 'just cuz'.  You lose but you've probably heard that in everything you do.  Next. 

Trauma-san

Re: Someone give me 1 valid reason to purchase a PS3. Anybody. Help me out her
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 11:07:07 PM »
Because you have no bitch and you're gonna have some extra time when you're not on dubcc.

That's not console specific, though.  You could do that with a 360.  Next. 

Trauma-san

you have to buy a HDTV to use the bluray too. so thats like another fat dent in the bank acct.

Yup.  It's total bullshit, one of the absolute WORST examples of a company (Sony) selling us something we abso-fucking lutely do not need.  Not only have they convinced us that our gaming system is not nice enough, now they're trying to convince us that the resolution on our televisions are not nice enough, PLUS, that our media to play movies (DVD) is not nice enough. 

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm still having fun with my ps2.  My t.v. with digital cable still looks fucking great.  My DVD player I bought 5 years ago still looks lifelike as hell, and I don't mind having to change to another DVD every 6 hours of movietime!  It's bullshit!  I dont need anything they're pushing, yet they're trying to make me spend 600 bucks for the shit. 

Think about it.  Fucking MICROSOFT is giving people a better deal than this! If MICROSOFT is whipping your ass on 'consumer friendliness', you KNOW the company is fucking somebody.  MICROSOFT! They're like fucking Satan and even their price is half what Sony's is!