Author Topic: Someone give me 1 valid reason to purchase a PS3. Anybody. Help me out here.  (Read 1974 times)

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i was always a Sony guy, i loved my ps1 and ps2 in fact i still have them connected to my tv just in case i wanna play them.  And when i heard about the PS3 i was all fuckin hyped and was talking mad shit about xbox360 but that was until i played the COD demo at Gamestop.  I became a believer and then a follower 360 is the shit.  I see no reason why to wait and purchase a ps3 when a 360 can do the same thing.  For those comparing hard drive space 20 gb for me is enough space, especially for a game console, i seriously don't see myself feeling up those 20 gigs.  Just wait til Halo 3 comes out next year, then we'll see Microsoft kill Sony.  And my last point why 360>PS3.......

XBOX LIVE

I'm pretty much the same.......I'm juss continuing the trend....PSX....to PS2.....to PS3 whenever it gets released, lol  :P. I'd love to have all 3 systems for the exclusive games, but that will set me back an arm and a leg.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i was always a Sony guy, i loved my ps1 and ps2 in fact i still have them connected to my tv just in case i wanna play them.  And when i heard about the PS3 i was all fuckin hyped and was talking mad shit about xbox360 but that was until i played the COD demo at Gamestop.  I became a believer and then a follower 360 is the shit.  I see no reason why to wait and purchase a ps3 when a 360 can do the same thing.  For those comparing hard drive space 20 gb for me is enough space, especially for a game console, i seriously don't see myself feeling up those 20 gigs.  Just wait til Halo 3 comes out next year, then we'll see Microsoft kill Sony.  And my last point why 360>PS3.......

XBOX LIVE

yup and its been heavily rumored that microsoft will release a larger hardrive in the near future too

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee

XBOX LIVE

yup and its been heavily rumored that microsoft will release a larger hardrive in the near future too

yeah i would like to see at least a 60 gig, just to shut up PS3 fans.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!

XBOX LIVE

lol yea i wouldnt b surprised fi we see a 60gig or larger HDD upgrade within a year from now

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Bomb-A®

is it possible to transfer a game onto the HDD and play from the HDD so the loaind times are less?

And does anyone have problems with game videos on the 360...when ever videos play during a game its very jerky and jittery....its happened in 2 games, both new so i doubt its a problem with the games...and it happens everytime a video plays...pls help

peace

Chief

you have to buy a HDTV to use the bluray too. so thats like another fat dent in the bank acct.

Yup.  It's total bullshit, one of the absolute WORST examples of a company (Sony) selling us something we abso-fucking lutely do not need.  Not only have they convinced us that our gaming system is not nice enough, now they're trying to convince us that the resolution on our televisions are not nice enough, PLUS, that our media to play movies (DVD) is not nice enough. 

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm still having fun with my ps2.  My t.v. with digital cable still looks fucking great.  My DVD player I bought 5 years ago still looks lifelike as hell, and I don't mind having to change to another DVD every 6 hours of movietime!  It's bullshit!  I dont need anything they're pushing, yet they're trying to make me spend 600 bucks for the shit. 

Think about it.  Fucking MICROSOFT is giving people a better deal than this! If MICROSOFT is whipping your ass on 'consumer friendliness', you KNOW the company is fucking somebody.  MICROSOFT! They're like fucking Satan and even their price is half what Sony's is! 

haha i agree on the microsoft part, theyre beasts... but i bet they have a long term plan, they want to take over the house, lure you in now, then pow in the kisser 10 years down the line...

and i disagree 100% about your HDTV talk... would you buy a colour tv to play colour games? or would you play your colour games in black and white?

the t'v needs to keep up with the graphics, it's not just on the console..

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
for the HDTV dvd player idea,
I like what microsoft is doing, their hd-dvd player is OPTIONAL, meaning if you don't have an hdtv, you are not stuck with something you cannot use, and whenever you have an hdtv and want higher quality movies, you can buy their player for cheaper than what the stores offer you ($200)
I have a 360 and do not have an hdtv...still looks great and i've enver had a problem with any of the games, and still without the hdtv looks betters than current gen consoles...
i've hooked up my 360 to an hdtv and it looks awesome, so 've never had a major problem with playing these next gen games on my non hdtv, 

as for purchasing a ps3, the only good reason to purchase one (but this applies if you purchase it early), is just to make more income out of it.  If you reserved one and buy one when it comes out, yo ucan go on ebay and sell it for at least $1100+ and thus making you more money out of it.  I knew a few people that did that with the 360 and were typicaly selling the $400 360 for about $900+ average
I wanted to do this, but all the pre-orders for the ps3 are gone now, which sux, I personally didn't want the ps3 for gaming in this case, just to make some money off of it lol

Trauma-san

The color t.v. analogy is bullshit.  Real life is in color.  A black in white t.v. doesn't resemble real life. 

My 27" color t.v. looks realistic as hell.  There's virtually no discernable difference between it and a hdtv.  That's just how it is, sorry, I don't believe the hype.  I think I'll keep my money, thank you very much... here, YOU buy the 2000$+ t.v.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Someone give me 1 valid reason to purchase a PS3. Anybody. Help me out her
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2006, 05:03:11 PM »
What if you already have/plan to buy an HDTV?  Is a PS3 going to be better than a 360?

My 27" color t.v. looks realistic as hell.  There's virtually no discernable difference between it and a hdtv.  That's just how it is, sorry, I don't believe the hype.  I think I'll keep my money, thank you very much... here, YOU buy the 2000$+ t.v.

HD has a much better picture quality and VERY noticeable difference than analog or digital.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 05:05:41 PM by hisairness »
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Trauma-san

Bullshit. 

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2006, 10:29:17 AM »
never judge a book by its cover, now that's an argument

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
is it possible to transfer a game onto the HDD and play from the HDD so the loaind times are less?

And does anyone have problems with game videos on the 360...when ever videos play during a game its very jerky and jittery....its happened in 2 games, both new so i doubt its a problem with the games...and it happens everytime a video plays...pls help

peace

No its not possible,well do u mean legally? cuz that would never b avalible because of copyright laws n all that shit, illegally not yet,u could do that with the old xbox, install like a 160gb hardrive and then rip games onto it, i dunno if it will happen wit 360 tho.. What 2 games r they? do any other games besides the 2 work fine?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Bullshit. 

LMAO. Someone needs to stomp on your head.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2006, 11:01:31 AM »

XBOX LIVE

lol yea i wouldnt b surprised fi we see a 60gig or larger HDD upgrade within a year from now

Yep rumor goes that they are gonna release some kind of ''super'' 360. With a bigger hdd, hd player built inside and a couple of HDMI connections.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2006, 11:02:48 AM »

peace

No its not possible,well do u mean legally? cuz that would never b avalible because of copyright laws n all that shit, illegally not yet,u could do that with the old xbox, install like a 160gb hardrive and then rip games onto it, i dunno if it will happen wit 360 tho.. What 2 games r they? do any other games besides the 2 work fine?

It is possible already to mod your 360. You cant put the games on your HDD, but you can play burned games.