Author Topic: Someone give me 1 valid reason to purchase a PS3. Anybody. Help me out here.  (Read 1973 times)

Don Seer

yeah but you gotta check on the same size.. they dont 'do' many small HDTVs..

and they dont do many large non HDTVs really..

Bomb-A®

there's no comparision...if u have high definition video and an hdtv, u can def tell teh difference from a regular tv

no matter what the size, images on an hdtv are crisper and sharper

peace

Lieutenant Abdul-Shakur

• 'G'
Re: Someone give me 1 valid reason to purchase a PS3. Anybody. Help me out her
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2006, 12:11:05 PM »
motherfuckin homo. u need net strangers to convince u to buy a PS3 ? fuckin fag. do u need us to approve the bitch ur gona fuck tonight too ? oh i wait, i meant to say do u want us to approve the guy ur gona get humped by tonight too ?

Don Seer

LOL!

there's no comparision...if u have high definition video and an hdtv, u can def tell teh difference from a regular tv

no matter what the size, images on an hdtv are crisper and sharper

peace

yeah of course.. the point is.. that if you put garbage in (i.e. a crap non HD digital stream) its not gonna look any better than a tv the same size.. HOWEVER..  if you supply a good HD signal.. the HD vs non HD will of course be obvious..

the point again is.. you can't polish a turd.. if you don't have a HD signal in.. your HDTV isnt anything special.. it can't make something not HD magically look better.. in fact because of the better resolutions it can make things look worse..

i'm going flat tv/HD when it suits me.. (i.e. my tv breaks.. or they're cheap enough to not look over..) my current tv is 100hz (so flicker free) and has a 5.1 decoder built in.. so i lose out if i upgrade the tv..

« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 12:23:34 PM by Overseer »

ReIncarnated

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2006, 12:25:03 PM »
1 - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

2 - Devil May Cry 4

3 - Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Sony usually has so many games being made for them that there are always great games being released on the system, wether exclusives like Shadow of the Colossus an God of War or multi-platform games. i could care less about the features of the console all i care about is if great games are been made for it and those 3 titles plus games like Resistance: Fall of Man and WarHawk, plus the possibily of continuing the God of War series on the PS3 plus i read that they are trying to develop a sequel th Shadow of the Colossus with co-op via online in which 2 people can face the colossi.

Don Seer

i loved ninja gaiden on the xbox.. till i lost my save when the hdd died :(

team ninja can do no wrong..

i'm not a huge games player these days.. what with work, skateboarding, gym, a lady etc.. so i wanna pick something up and fuck around.. wii suits me..

10 years ago i'd have been all xbox360 or ps3.. but i know myself it'd be a waste..

the last console i bought myself was the original gameboy when the came out.. inbetween i had a CD32 and an XBOX but both were presents..

although i was a pretty hardcore GL Quake/ Quake 2 player.. i was damn good for a while..

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2006, 12:41:41 PM »
1 - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

2 - Devil May Cry 4

3 - Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Sony usually has so many games being made for them that there are always great games being released on the system, wether exclusives like Shadow of the Colossus an God of War or multi-platform games. i could care less about the features of the console all i care about is if great games are been made for it and those 3 titles plus games like Resistance: Fall of Man and WarHawk, plus the possibily of continuing the God of War series on the PS3 plus i read that they are trying to develop a sequel th Shadow of the Colossus with co-op via online in which 2 people can face the colossi.

-Ninja Gaiden will most likely be coming out on 360,dont think its been confirmed as ps3 exclusive has it?
- The thread is about giving reasons to buy a ps3 now,like at launch. The games u listed wont be coming out until late 2007 or sometime in 2008..

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

ReIncarnated

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2006, 01:04:46 PM »
-Ninja Gaiden will most likely be coming out on 360,dont think its been confirmed as ps3 exclusive has it?

- The thread is about giving reasons to buy a ps3 now,like at launch. The games u listed wont be coming out until late 2007 or sometime in 2008..
no, he said give him a reason to purchase a PS3, he didn't say at launch. and for the Ninja Gaiden being  PS3 exclusive,

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 360-bound?

Source: See below.

What we heard:
With game press outlets in virtually every language but Esperanto, often things get lost in translation. Case in point: this week's rumor that Ninja Gaiden Sigma, the revamped and PS3-bound version of Ninja Gaiden Black, is coming to the Xbox 360.

The rumor got the most exposure on the widely ready NeoGAF forums, which sourced an article on the Japanese-language site GDEX--in which the only words in English were "PS3," "Ninja Gaiden," and "Xbox 360," followed by a "?". (NOTE: The title of the thread has since been changed.)

Obviously, that means that the PS3 version of Nina Gaiden Sigma is coming to the Xbox 360, right? In short, no. The GDEX story links in turn to an article on the German site Xboxfront, which bears the title "'Ninja Gaiden Sigma' nicht für Xbox 360." Auf Deutsch, that means "'Ninja Gaiden Sigma [is] not for the Xbox 360."

"Now it's official," reads the article. "The action title Ninja Gaiden Sigma, which was first announced at this year's Tokyo Game Show by Tecom, is staying PS3-exclusive...reports [Japanese magazine] Famitsu Xbox 360." The Xboxfront/Famitsu article goes on to say that Team Ninja head Tomonobu Itagaki will return his focus of development to the Xbox 360 in the future.

The official story:
Tecmo reps did not respond to requests for comment. However, Itagaki himself professed his Xbox 360 loyalty in an interview on GameTrailers.com, in which he talked about how he has little to do with Sigma, which is being produced by his Team Ninja associate Yousuke Hayashi.

"People who are supporters of Xbox should view this as a good thing," he said. "What I've done is pass the baton over to someone else. I can focus even more of my attention on making new games for the Xbox 360. ... My home base is the Xbox 360, and I'm going to continue to make games [for it] at the same pace, if not faster."

As for which games, Itagaki would only say that after he finishes Dead or Alive Xtreme 2, "my next game is going to be what everyone's expecting."

Bogus or not bogus?: One sarcastic NeoGAF poster put it best: "A Japanese site reporting about a German site reporting about an article in a Japanese magazine? Makes sense." Bogus.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25040134

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^well obviously he meant now,why would he ask that question now if he was talking about in 2 years?
Ill be surprised if NG doesnt make it to 360,interesting quote from the main man "my next game is going to be what everyone's expecting."

and everyones expecting Ninja Gaiden for 360 lol so i duno whats goin on..

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
BowDown's never gonna get a PS3, he juss wants to spark crap........

He's like a disgruntled former PS fanboy, lol, bashing PS3 all day, every day

Someone close this thread already, it's going no where!!!!!!

Chief

i'm not a huge games player these days.. what with work, skateboarding, gym, a lady etc.. so i wanna pick something up and fuck around.. wii suits me..

10 years ago i'd have been all xbox360 or ps3.. but i know myself it'd be a waste..

the last console i bought myself was the original gameboy when the came out.. inbetween i had a CD32 and an XBOX but both were presents..

although i was a pretty hardcore GL Quake/ Quake 2 player.. i was damn good for a while..

you are now the second person i know that actually likes ninja gaiden...

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!

you are now the second person i know that actually likes ninja gaiden...

you are the only person i know that doesnt like ninja gaiden

how can u not like it? game was a classic

Chief

I WAS GOING TO DROP A COMMENT ON HOW SHIT NINJA GAIDEN IS, BUT MY POST GOT DELETED INSERTING THIS --->>> ::)

FUCK.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I WAS GOING TO DROP A COMMENT ON HOW SHIT NINJA GAIDEN IS, BUT MY POST GOT DELETED INSERTING THIS --->>> ::)

FUCK.

lol what did u not like about it? i seriously cant understand why someone wouldnt like it, not into action games or sumthin?

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2006, 06:21:21 AM »

FUCK.

lol what did u not like about it? i seriously cant understand why someone wouldnt like it, not into action games or sumthin?

Some people didnt like it because it was to diffucult for them. Games are getting to easy these days, so people start crying when a game gets a little more difficult. But Ninja gaiden doesnt even come close on how difficult games were back in the day.