Author Topic: My friend bought a PS3.  (Read 1123 times)

Trauma-san

My friend bought a PS3.
« on: November 20, 2006, 06:38:30 PM »
So, I know this guy I work with who I found out today bought a ps3.

He's a huge gamer, all he does is play games.  His parents called him from Florida on vacation and asked him if he wanted one, because they were somewhere at Disney where there were tons of them for sale.  So they bought him one saturday, and overnighted it to him.  (of course he paid them back, he's in his 20's).

So, he goes out, and buys 3 games for it, 2 racing games and call of duty?  Or something like that.

Anyways, he hates the motherfucker.  Some interesting things he told me:

* - the only thing you use the motion sensor for, is in the fighting game, if a soldier runs up and grabs you, you shake the controller violently to shake him off. 

* - To start the game, it downloads shit to the harddrive off the blue ray drive for 5 minutes.  Every time.

* - After it syncs the harddrive and the blue ray drive, it resets the system.

* - Every time the system is started, or resets, you have to plug the controller in to sync it to the system.  The cord for the controller is only 3 feet long, so each time you have to get up, walk across the room, and plug the controller back in, then unplug it, and go sit back down. 

* - This situation renders the 'power' button on the controller practically useless, because the controller's only synced to the system when the power is on.... so you can turn the system off but can't turn it on. 

* - One of the driving games is graphically on par with the original X-box. 

* - The two shoulder buttons are extra sensitive, so you can't rest your fingers on them, it triggers them.  You have to play the game with your fingers curled under the buttons, or sticking out away from the buttons, you can't let them naturally rest on the shoulders.

* - The analog sticks are really loose and aiming a gun is nearly impossible to do accurately, it's wayyyyyy too sensitive.

* - the controller feels like a hollow piece of plastic and doesn't weigh shit.

He's going to try to get his 600 bucks back off ebay and buy a Wii, lol. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 06:40:49 PM by Trauma-san »

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: My friend bought a PS3.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 07:07:18 PM »

-Motion sensing is used in more games then cod,im guessin hes talkin out of the 3 he got
-It only downloads shit from the hardrive the first time u play the game inorder to make load times faster
-im pretty sure u would only have to sync the controller once and never after that,thats how it is with the 360 and wii cant imagine the ps3 being different
-which driving game was it?

good move for him,shoulda just got a wii in the first place

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 08:06:18 PM »
I played one at best buy the other day.  It was some motocross type game.  The controller DID feel like a weightless piece of shit.  I hated it and put it down mostly for that reason. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 08:27:50 PM »
Man, honestly, you have to plug the controller in every time you turn the system on to sync it up.  He went online and everybody on the forums are bitching about it. 

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 09:24:16 PM »
Man, honestly, you have to plug the controller in every time you turn the system on to sync it up.  He went online and everybody on the forums are bitching about it. 

damn, that's the gayest shit ever.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Bohem

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 09:58:23 PM »
lol lies

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 10:00:13 PM »

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 10:02:08 PM »
i'm glad that i didn't buy the system.  There was a guy at eb game store today who sold his system back....  HMMM>>. :bomb:
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 11:56:10 PM »
* - the only thing you use the motion sensor for, is in the fighting game, if a soldier runs up and grabs you, you shake the controller violently to shake him off. 

thats the so called "killer game" resistance : fall of man.. my roommate at work (and my manager) has a 360 and we compared that game to gears of war... man.. gears of war looks SICK in comparison..

got to www.gametrailers.com or IGN and compare the two yourself

(also look up "project h.a.m.m.e.r." for wii. its looking dope too... nintendo got something up their sleeve..)

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 11:57:49 PM by Seer - San »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 08:02:50 PM »

* - Every time the system is started, or resets, you have to plug the controller in to sync it to the system.  The cord for the controller is only 3 feet long, so each time you have to get up, walk across the room, and plug the controller back in, then unplug it, and go sit back down. 
most video game players could use the exersize

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 02:26:17 AM »
A "friend" huh?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 07:08:39 AM »
Yeah.  I personally would never be stupid enough to spend that much money on a piece of shit like a PS3. 

everlast1986

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 07:51:09 AM »
wow im definetly not getting one ever then

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 02:24:26 PM »
It's definitely not worth its retail price. I'll give ya that.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

WC Iz Active

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 02:29:50 PM »
Maybe I should lean towards the 360 :-\