Author Topic: Sean Penn is the greatest actor of his generation!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3213 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sean Penn is the greatest actor of his generation!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2006, 11:31:12 PM »
Seriously, both have their flaws.

-DeNiro has made alot of shitty movies lately
-Nicholson has played an over-the-top version of himself in a handful of movies lately

But if we take a look at their best work, there's no clear winner. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2006, 11:32:44 PM »

-Nicholson has played an over-the-top version of himself in a handful of movies lately

But you can't name NEARLY as many bad films Nicholson has been in as De Niro. In fact, name some...What bad films do you remember Jack in?

westkoastanostra

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2006, 12:10:33 AM »

But you can't name NEARLY as many bad films Nicholson has been in as De Niro. In fact, name some...What bad films do you remember Jack in?

Jack's worst:

Anger Management
The Two Jakes
Wolf
Mars Attacks
Psych-out
Back Door To Hell

Now why don't u go ahead and name De niro's worst movies....

Can I just ask how many people have actually seen the late 60s early to mid 70s Nicholson stuff? They aren't very popular among kids of our generation and I'm wondering how many people are basing their decisions by comparing Joker with Jake LaMotta.

I have...They are really great...And I still say De niro is greater....he is more believable....Nicholson is an OVERRATED actor....Yea sure he's been in plenty of good movies, most of those which he uses his same acting technique ( for 3-4 decades now) ....LOL i dunno why u guys keep arguing that Nicholson is greater...

westkoastanostra

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2006, 12:12:02 AM »
Can I just ask how many people have actually seen the late 60s early to mid 70s Nicholson stuff? They aren't very popular among kids of our generation and I'm wondering how many people are basing their decisions by comparing Joker with Jake LaMotta.

None of them have, isn't it obvious? None of these muthafuckaz know film up in here, all they know is their "Godfathers" and "Goodfellas"...I bet the main role they all know Jack for is Joker in Batman :stupid:...PeACe

LOL @ both of u...just cause everyone on here is right about de niro being the better actor...u two think we don't know about movies? naw bud its the other way around...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2006, 06:33:25 AM »

None of them have, isn't it obvious? None of these muthafuckaz know film up in here, all they know is their "Godfathers" and "Goodfellas"...I bet the main role they all know Jack for is Joker in Batman :stupid:...PeACe

LOL @ both of u...just cause everyone on here is right about de niro being the better actor...u two think we don't know about movies? naw bud its the other way around...

I never actually said Jack was better. I just don't like how you made it sound like he wasn't even in the league of DeNiro. Neither are very good character actors though. Method or no method they still show too much of their actual traits in their fim roles. I understand they have very distinct voives and mannerisms that are hard to change but that never stopped Brando. What I like about Penn so much is how he can become so completely different you don't even know it's him. From Fast Times, to Carlito, to Mystic River you never see the same guy. I always liked Hoffman better than Jack and DeNiro for that reason. He could play straight and shine like in Kramer vs Kramer or Graduate, but he could also switch it up altogther and shine like in Tootsie or Rain Man, or even Hook. The only thing stopping Hoffman from playing roles like Jimmy Conway is his appearance. Neither DeNiro or Jack have the ability to play Tootsie.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2006, 10:25:41 AM »

Jack's worst:

Anger Management
The Two Jakes
Wolf
Mars Attacks
Psych-out
Back Door To Hell

I have...They are really great...And I still say De niro is greater....he is more believable....Nicholson is an OVERRATED actor....Yea sure he's been in plenty of good movies, most of those which he uses his same acting technique ( for 3-4 decades now) ....LOL i dunno why u guys keep arguing that Nicholson is greater...

LMAO. Are you even reading what people are posting? I already DID name the terrible roles De Niro took on, just take a look back. The "worst" Jack Nicholson roles you named are not even comparable, all those movies you named were decent to very good...Can't say the same for the De Niro flicks I named ("Showtime", "Godsend", "Hide & Seek", etc.)...PeACe

westkoastanostra

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2006, 10:48:08 AM »

Jack's worst:

Anger Management
The Two Jakes
Wolf
Mars Attacks
Psych-out
Back Door To Hell

LMAO. Are you even reading what people are posting? I already DID name the terrible roles De Niro took on, just take a look back. The "worst" Jack Nicholson roles you named are not even comparable, all those movies you named were decent to very good...Can't say the same for the De Niro flicks I named ("Showtime", "Godsend", "Hide & Seek", etc.)...PeACe

Thats cause i dont look back at 3 pages of ur BS....You got way too much time on ur hands if u do....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2006, 10:57:22 AM »

Jack's worst:

Anger Management
The Two Jakes
Wolf
Mars Attacks
Psych-out
Back Door To Hell

Thats cause i dont look back at 3 pages of ur BS....You got way too much time on ur hands if u do....

It has nothing to do with looking back, if you didn't have ADD and simply read what I said while we were discussing it, you wouldn't feel the need to ask me to provide what was already provided...PeACe

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2006, 11:54:52 AM »

Where did I say that Jack Nicholson has appeared in a lot of bad movies?  What I said is that Nicholson has played "himself" in a handful of recent movies, that's his weak point in his career.  And DeNiro's weak point is the shitty films he's been in lately.  If I had to choose one, I'd go with DeNiro.  I was completely blown away by his performances in Mean Streets and The King of Comedy. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2006, 11:59:15 AM »

Where did I say that Jack Nicholson has appeared in a lot of bad movies?  What I said is that Nicholson has played "himself" in a handful of recent movies, that's his weak point in his career.  And DeNiro's weak point is the shitty films he's been in lately.  If I had to choose one, I'd go with DeNiro.  I was completely blown away by his performances in Mean Streets and The King of Comedy. 

Well, that's your opinion...I don't think Jack plays himself, sure certain personality traits of his are seen in the films he's featured, same goes for De Niro, but I think he's simply best at playing those zany roles, so he gets chosen for them more than anyone else. Doesn't take away from his acting ability, which in my opinion surpasses De Niro's...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2006, 01:41:24 AM »
deniro:

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2006, 01:54:25 AM »
jack

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2006, 01:55:45 AM »
i like both actors but judging by both of their standout roles deniro rules

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2006, 01:16:26 PM »
^^And that's your opinion...Jack's been acting since 1957 and has been making classics 'till this very day. De Niro's been acting since 1968 and makes shitty movies nowadays (for the most part). Overall, it all comes down to a matter of opinion, and my opinion is that Jack has had the better career as an actor...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2006, 01:24:15 PM »
until the departed jack didn't have a good move either since as good as it gets and maybe about schmit,whic was around the same time deniro had his last good role in meet the parents.

and if jack has been working longer he should have more classics under his belt than deniro, who outclasses jack there