Author Topic: Glasses Malone speaks on Jay-Z and the West Coast  (Read 843 times)

thisoneguy360

Re: Glasses Malone speaks on Jay-Z and the West Coast
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2006, 03:58:10 PM »
That's cool I guess but it seems really hypocritical, since thats what he raps about and he was at the cali iz active video shoot (with the lowriders, khakis, etc)
How is he going to deny being in a music video with a bunch of West Coast legends and up and comers? It's not like he was aware of what the music video was going to be like before he got there (though it probably would have been an easy guess). And he doesn't rap about that stuff nearly as much as some fools do.

As for the statement, there is a lot of truth in what he is saying. Most West Coast rappers don't know how to grow with their lyrics, and West Coast fans won't let them. Although being harsh, Malone isn't really taking shots at anybody, but speaking on the West Coast in general.

*patiently waits for The Beach Cruiser to drop*

I dont know, it seems like most of his songs he talks about working the block and all that stuff. I just think hes being a total hypocrite also because he was running with game and bws for a while and games music has alot of that too. And to be in that cali iz active video wiht people like daz kurupt and snoop (people who've been rapping about that stuff their whole career) is just retarted. To one his own though

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2006, 04:00:34 PM »
He is not saying for anybody to stop doing anything...the guy is a Watts Crip...  Just for more grown up and mature material...there's nothing wrong with that...
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2006, 06:23:15 PM »
Actually, there's a whole line of people that can be attributed to... but why take it as a negative as "taking shots"... Why not view it as someone wanting to see more people uplift in their music? Whats wrong with someone wishing to see more of that?

"Taking shots" is stuff like when artists run their mouths on other artists like 50, Game and others have done... thats taking shots... This is nothing of the sort.

And yes... there are lots of people that have had kids in high schools... its becoming more and more common.
Smart Man!! Its obvious he aint taking shots!! These fucken idiots cant get the point!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2006, 06:27:40 PM »
That's cool I guess but it seems really hypocritical, since thats what he raps about and he was at the cali iz active video shoot (with the lowriders, khakis, etc)
You think its hypocritical cause you didnt understand his point!! No shit he is still going to wear khakis n shit!! He just sayong its not like before. That is fucken true!! You dont see that many lowriders anymore or fools wearing khakis!! That shit is classic, but things change!!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2006, 06:35:44 PM »
basically this dude just taking shots at SNoop the entire time

and people hate on Jay's album because it's not good, what a thought  ::)

his album most likely will do Xzibit #s
Your a stupid motherfucker!! Shots at Snoop? Fucken Pendejo!! YOu just fucken Drama!! If he would be taking shots a snoop, he would probably call him out!! Can you even read? It seems to me like you cant tell the difference between a diss from an opinion!!

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2006, 06:39:12 PM »
Glasses is the first guy to write a song about gang unity?????? lol
Another Lame!!

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2006, 06:43:28 PM »
How is he going to deny being in a music video with a bunch of West Coast legends and up and comers? It's not like he was aware of what the music video was going to be like before he got there (though it probably would have been an easy guess). And he doesn't rap about that stuff nearly as much as some fools do.

As for the statement, there is a lot of truth in what he is saying. Most West Coast rappers don't know how to grow with their lyrics, and West Coast fans won't let them. Although being harsh, Malone isn't really taking shots at anybody, but speaking on the West Coast in general.

*patiently waits for The Beach Cruiser to drop*

I dont know, it seems like most of his songs he talks about working the block and all that stuff. I just think hes being a total hypocrite also because he was running with game and bws for a while and games music has alot of that too. And to be in that cali iz active video wiht people like daz kurupt and snoop (people who've been rapping about that stuff their whole career) is just retarted. To one his own though
He was talking about old catz, saying that they bang and still sell rocks!! He aint old lame!! Plus, he raps about what he did, not just what he is doing now!! His point is basically, stay updated on what you do!! Be real to yourself!! Dont make a whole album about blasting fools and selling crack, when the last time you pulled the trigger was 3 years ago!! You understand boy!!

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2006, 07:45:11 PM »
You think its hypocritical cause you didnt understand his point!! No shit he is still going to wear khakis n shit!! He just sayong its not like before. That is fucken true!! You dont see that many lowriders anymore or fools wearing khakis!! That shit is classic, but things change!!

you apart of Glasses Malone's street team?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2006, 08:11:56 PM »
Nah!!! He's My Neighbor!!

thisoneguy360

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2006, 08:36:02 PM »
Nah!!! He's My Neighbor!!