Author Topic: music content / memorie factor  (Read 56 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
music content / memorie factor
« on: December 12, 2006, 01:09:06 PM »
I made this thread i dont know if its gona make sense to anyone but it does to me.
I saw a snoop dogg thread on the wetscoastboard that made me think of this.

I have records i like because when i listen to them they bring back awsome memories. They might not be stellar on terms of music but its good and bring back memories.
So whats a better record for you music wise or memorie wise. Would you rather listen to a awsome record or one that might not be as good musicly but bring back memories?

Jakubs

Re: music content / memorie factor
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 04:08:19 PM »
I think the good music and good memories go hand in hand for the most part. If you think about it, you're going to listen to music you think is good, and at some point it's going to remind you of something good that happened while you were listening to it. Granted, there are a few songs/records that won't be considered good by your standards that you appreciate for the memories they provide, but those should be few and far between. As for songs/records that remind me of the better days are as follows:

I figured I'd edit my original post to include what each song/album reminded me of.

Ice Cube - Pushin' Weight
playing Final Fantasy VII with my cousin Zach
Yukmouth - Still Ballin'
hanging out with my cousins, they actually introduced my to the Yukmouth album Godzilla
Counting Crows - Mr. Jones
my cousin Zach's favorite song, he passed away in a car crash in 2002
Puff Daddy & The Family - No Way Out
my cousin Martin picked this up when it dropped and we thought it was the best album ever, I still enjoy listening to it from time to time
The Notorious B.I.G. - Notorious Thugs
I bought Life After Death for "Mo Money, Mo Problems" and this song was a pleasant surprise, another song pointed out by my cousins
Lil' Troy - Wanna Be A Baller
came out around the same time Yukmouth's Godzilla, yet another song my cousins put me on to
Lil Flip - Undaground Legend
my cousin Martin use to bump this album non-stop when I was at his house, we had some good house parties with this as the soundtrack
Live - Throwing Copper
all the way back to elementary school with this one, hanging out at my best friend Damon's house trading basketball cards
Brooks & Dunn - Brand New Man
I listened to country music all the time in elementary, I lived in the country and this was my mom's music, riding home on the bus for 45 min. everyday with my walkman blaring, eating sugar and kool-aid powder mixed together to make homemade pixie sticks
Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - You Don't Know How It Feels
6th grade, hanging with my friend Mitch, we thought it was the coolest thing when he said "let's get to the point, let's roll another joint, and turn the radio loud..."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 06:02:22 PM by Da Bears »
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 05:04:08 PM »
yeah its like a song back then you thought was awsome but looking bakc at it is not that great but u still like because of that u know.

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 05:24:01 PM »
i think back on records all the time that are dumb but they were around during good times and i have an appreciation for them. just like i remember good songs that were around during fucked up shit and i dont like to listen to them a lot

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 05:40:03 PM »
Yeah, i get u. The 1 that brings back good memories 4 me is Dre's 2001, now Ive always thort of it as a classic from wen I 1st got it, but at the time wen it came out me n a group of my mates used 2 go away 2 this place that was in the country twice a year, it woz miles away from anythin so all we used 2 do woz put 2001 on the stereo n get high n drunk listenin 2 it!

So 4 me 2001 always reminds me of those times, but its a classic album anyway so I wud appreciate it even if it didnt remind me of those times!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

Jakubs

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 05:53:20 PM »
yeah its like a song back then you thought was awsome but looking bakc at it is not that great but u still like because of that u know.

I understand what you're saying now. My musical tastes have changed in the sense that I'm more open to new material then when I was younger.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake