Author Topic: GIANTS SIGN ZITO 7 YRS 126 MILLION!!!  (Read 979 times)

"THE" MoSav

GIANTS SIGN ZITO 7 YRS 126 MILLION!!!
« on: December 28, 2006, 10:44:32 AM »
ITS OFFICIAL GIANTS FANS!!  :rock: :raisetheroof:
GO GIANTS! NOW WE HAVE 2 ACES!!!!  ;D

FUCK THE DODGERS!!!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 10:47:55 AM by "THE" MoSav »

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

Re: GIANTS SIGN ZITO 7 YRS 126 MILLION!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 10:49:27 AM »
Barry Zito is staying in the Bay Area with the San Francisco Giants.
 Sources told ESPN's Peter Gammons that the former Oakland A's pitcher has agreed to a seven-year, $126 million contract with the Giants.

The deal includes an $18 million option for 2014 and a complete no-trade clause, a source told ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick.

If Zito pitches 600 innings over the last three years of the agreement, 400 innings over the last two or 200 in the final year of the deal, he can either exercise a player option or opt out of the contract.

Zito is scheduled to have a physical Friday, and the Giants planned to announce their agreement with the three-time All-Star later in the day. His decision to sign with the Giants first was reported on MLB.com.

Zito's deal ties for the sixth largest overall, matching the $126 million, seven-year extension agreed to this month by Toronto and center fielder Vernon Wells. Previously, the largest contract for a pitcher was Mike Hampton's $121 million, eight-year deal with the Colorado Rockies before the 2001 season.

Texas, Seattle and the New York Mets also pursued Zito, the top available pitcher on the free-agent market. The 28-year-old left-hander spent the last seven seasons across San Francisco Bay pitching with the Oakland Athletics, and staying in the area appeared to be a factor in his decision.

As part of his agreement with the Giants, Zito will fund the construction of youth fields in the San Francisco area through his foundation and donate to his charity, "Strikeouts for Troops.''

Only Alex Rodriguez ($252 million), Derek Jeter ($189 million), Manny Ramirez ($160 million), Todd Helton ($141.5 million) and Alfonso Soriano ($136 million) have contracts with more guaranteed money.

Zito's is the 14th $100 million deal in baseball history and the fourth of the offseason following agreements by Soriano (Cubs), Wells and Carlos Lee ($100 million with Houston).

"We gave it our best shot. He's a great pitcher and a fine young man. I wish him well and am glad he's out of the AL West."
-- Rangers owner Tom Hicks
New York's initial offer was for about $75 million over five years, and the Mets were prepared to go somewhat higher in average salary but were wary of offering a longer deal. Texas had told Zito's agent, Scott Boras, that it would withdraw its proposal -- valued at six years, $87 million, a source told Crasnick -- if it wasn't accepted by the end of the week.

"We gave it our best shot," Rangers owner Tom Hicks wrote in an e-mail to the AP. "He's a great pitcher and a fine young man. I wish him well and am glad he's out of the AL West."

Zito is 102-63 in 222 career starts, including a 16-10 mark with a 3.83 ERA in 34 starts last season before becoming a free agent.

The 6-foot-4, 205-pound 28-year-old was drafted in the first round, ninth overall, by the A's in 1999 and made his debut the following season. By 2002 he was a star, making his first All-Star team and winning the American League Cy Young award. His 23-5 record led the league and he also boasted a 2.75 ERA.

Zito was also an All-Star in 2003 and last season.

Zito helped the A's to the playoffs in his first four seasons, but Oakland lost in the divison series every time. Only last season did the A's break through, beating the Twins in the ALDS before losing to the Tigers in the American League Championship Series. Zito's postseason career record is a mere 1-5, but he boasts a 3.25 ERA.

Zito has been known for his durability. His 173 starts over the past five years rank first in Major League Baseball.

In his career, Zito's accomplishments have earned him approximately $18 million, the amount he will reportedly make per season with the Giants.

HUGE!!! He Eats up innings. THe most starts over the last 5 years! GOTTA LOVE IT!  ;D

The Best of 3 Worlds

Sparegeez

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 10:50:31 AM »
Oh shit I'm not really into baseball but I'm excited for the Giants.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 11:00:10 AM »

+1
I need something from the BAY to get me excited...damn niners killed some of my football drive  >:(

The Best of 3 Worlds

Sparegeez

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 11:02:56 AM »

+1
I need something from the BAY to get me excited...damn niners killed some of my football drive  >:(

hot about Hockey :laugh:

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 11:04:11 AM »

+1

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike!

LOL!
I was gonna say you dont seem like a Hockey Fan
I could really care less about Hockey
In San Jose is everyone a BIG SHARKS FAN?

The Best of 3 Worlds

Sparegeez

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 11:06:50 AM »

+1

LOL!

In San Jose everybody speaks Spanish and wear fake Skark jerseys from the flea market.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 11:14:28 AM »

+1

LOL!

In San Jose everybody speaks Spanish and wear fake Skark jerseys from the flea market.

LOL@ a fake Skark Jerseys from the flea market! 
+1

The Best of 3 Worlds

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 11:55:24 AM »
Barry Zito isn't an ace, Matt Cain on the other hand can be one.  The NL West is still a battle between the Diamondbacks, Dodgers, and Padres. 

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 12:58:43 PM »
Go Dodgers 8)

rik

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 01:54:54 PM »
Haha...that ain't gonna do shit. The Gaymen are still the wackest team in the NL West along with Colorado.

jpm

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 01:59:46 PM »
wtf is this..?? is this suposed to be considered beautiful ?!

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww
www.ReallyHipHop.com for all the latest hip-hop media available!

herpes

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 03:01:47 PM »
LMFAO @ 126 MILLION OVER 7 YEARS.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HORRIBLE FUCKING MOVE

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 03:26:40 PM »
126 million for Zito??? get the fuck outta here with that shit, maybe 3 years back or something but now?  no way
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 03:42:17 PM »
wtf is this..?? is this suposed to be considered beautiful ?!

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

thats one mans opinion.. 8)

The Best of 3 Worlds