Author Topic: GIANTS SIGN ZITO 7 YRS 126 MILLION!!!  (Read 999 times)

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: GIANTS SIGN ZITO 7 YRS 126 MILLION!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2006, 12:41:34 PM »
True TheMoSav his career era is 3.55 but like i said in a pitchers park with an awesome defense behind him in oakland

LOL, Pac Bell (I dont refer to it as SBC Park) is much more of a pitchers park then Oakland.
Very true. I also think Schmidt at 47 million would have been a good signing for the Giants. Btw Benitez as the closer ouch! Im sure he'll blow at least 3-4 zito wins this year. Than I guess Huston Street did the same thing last year i always cringed seeing him walk to the mound last year.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2006, 03:34:55 PM »
True TheMoSav his career era is 3.55 but like i said in a pitchers park with an awesome defense behind him in oakland

LOL, Pac Bell (I dont refer to it as SBC Park) is much more of a pitchers park then Oakland.
Very true. I also think Schmidt at 47 million would have been a good signing for the Giants. Btw Benitez as the closer ouch! Im sure he'll blow at least 3-4 zito wins this year. Than I guess Huston Street did the same thing last year i always cringed seeing him walk to the mound last year.

True but he is not as reliable as Zito due to his injuries. And Schmidt seems to be on the way down, not getting better. Where as Zito is only 28 and is only getting better. And

The Best of 3 Worlds

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2006, 03:45:06 PM »
IMO I think Zito's best years are behind him.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Jakubs

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2006, 04:52:51 PM »
The Giants needed this signing to replace the loss of Schmidt, but not for 7 years and $126 million. Zito is not worht $18 million per year or 7 years for that matter, he was 12-12 last year. The only reason he got such a huge contract is because the market has been inflated this entire offseason. Not to mention that Zito is going to break down sooner than later. Granted he has been healthy for the last 6 years, but he isn't going to stay that way for the next 7 years. Congrats on throwing away your chances of winning the NL West. I'm not a fan of the Giants or the Dodgers, but LA will take the division this year.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2006, 01:25:25 AM »

okay, it just doesnt make sense, hes ONLY 28.........

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2006, 01:29:17 AM »
The Giants needed this signing to replace the loss of Schmidt, but not for 7 years and $126 million. Zito is not worht $18 million per year or 7 years for that matter, he was 12-12 last year. The only reason he got such a huge contract is because the market has been inflated this entire offseason. Not to mention that Zito is going to break down sooner than later. Granted he has been healthy for the last 6 years, but he isn't going to stay that way for the next 7 years. Congrats on throwing away your chances of winning the NL West. I'm not a fan of the Giants or the Dodgers, but LA will take the division this year.
LOL! If youre gonna post about sports get youre facts straight please. He was 16-10 with a 3.83 ERA.
And of course eventually he is gonna break down, who isnt? Its called Age. And how do you know he wont stay healthy till he is 35 (next 7 years...
How does getting Zito ruin our chances?

The Best of 3 Worlds

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2006, 05:09:40 AM »
I read this in the paper the other day. But is all of the 126 million for him?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2006, 12:15:21 PM »

It actually does. For the last three years his BB Rate has increased, and it almost reached 4 last year. Of course, as everybody shoudl know giving up walks as a pitcher is deadly.  The first four years of his career were much stronger than the last three, why would he all of a sudden go back to pitching like he was at the beggining of his career?  What will most likely help him give him an ERA of under 4.00 next season is the fact that he will be pitching at SF, he won't be giving up the long ball as much. 

WC Iz Active

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2006, 12:39:21 PM »
Javii I promise you the Giants will be better than the Dodgers this year, no question about it.   Switching to the NL and switching to a great pitchers park will help Zito so much, we have one of the best rotations in all of baseball now.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2006, 12:45:58 PM »
Javii I promise you the Giants will be better than the Dodgers this year, no question about it.   Switching to the NL and switching to a great pitchers park will help Zito so much, we have one of the best rotations in all of baseball now.

No question about it?  Come on man, it's fine to be a supporter of your team but to say a statement like that is just insane.  The only upside your team has is on pitching, that's it.  On the other hand, there is upside on both pitching and defense with the Padres, D'Backs, and Dodgers.  The true weakness of the Dodgers is their OF, and they can easily get help in that department as soon at Matt Kemp gets called up. 

Sparegeez

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2006, 12:47:20 PM »

Put your account on it ;D

acgrundy

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2006, 12:56:39 PM »

I'll make a bet with you spice girl.  I bet the giants don't make the playoffs.  Loser is banned for life.  Put your money where your mouth is faggot.

Sparegeez

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2006, 01:02:22 PM »
Nevermind don't do it. I want you and Tanner to stay.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2006, 01:04:26 PM »

It actually does. For the last three years his BB Rate has increased, and it almost reached 4 last year. Of course, as everybody shoudl know giving up walks as a pitcher is deadly.  The first four years of his career were much stronger than the last three, why would he all of a sudden go back to pitching like he was at the beggining of his career?  What will most likely help him give him an ERA of under 4.00 next season is the fact that he will be pitching at SF, he won't be giving up the long ball as much. 

yeah and in 7 career starts vs the NL West he has an ERA under 2...Hell Be GREAT pitching in SF..
But its gonna be interesting to see what happens

The Best of 3 Worlds

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2006, 01:28:49 PM »
The last three years is a better look than 7 Career starts which is just a letter in a sentence.