Author Topic: Ya'll said if I complain about America I should leave... well, I've left...  (Read 3272 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
yo..thats cool u went all the way to uae to learn arabic, i've been there twice, sharjah, al-ain, dubai...damn cant belive its been ten years since last time i was there i was 14 then.
Are they still building as much as back then??im pretty sure they are!
im curious why u picked uae for learning arabic though?if i wanted to learn arabic and was a muslim i would have chosen Egypt or Saudi Arabia,  for one thing its cheaper, and not as much english and no urdu at all. Uae is a arabic muslim country but its so international and multi cultural(which i think i nice btw) so u really dont need to speak arabic, saudi arabia would be different though, plus if u were over there u could visit mecca etc.

i just came back from brazil one week ago, i was there for three months, 90 % dont speak english, so i had to learn potuguese, if they wouldve spoken english i wouldnt had learnd any portuguese at all except some common words like hello, goodbye, thank you etc..

anyway enjoy your trip, UAE is a cool ass country, i was never bored over there, travel around and see the country, its beautiful..have fun!

BTW: try hangin out with people that dont know any english at all, as much as u can, i even lived with a friend and hes girlfriend and none of em knew any english.that way u are forced to learn!!good luck!

I had some connections here in the UAE so that's how I ended up here.  But what your saying is right, I'm facing a great degree of difficulty in learning Arabic and that was one of my big reasons for coming to the Middle East.  Like you said, I may have to go to Egypt.  It's only 300$ for a plane flight from here.  In fact, I may be relocating very soon.

...also, you asked about here, yeah, they are biulding like crazy, it's noisy all the time.  It's busy with traffic everywhere.  I haven't seen any quiet, laid back place yet.  Everywhere I've seen is noisy and busy.

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chief

whoa shit, big move infinite.

i know you dont reply to my posts anymore, but are you gone for good?

hopefully everything works out to plan for you. that's a couragous move no doubt, if you got a one way ticket or not. being submergered in another culture can be a frightening experience, i'm curious how you will find life there in comparison to the U.S.A.

i think it will be extremely healthy for you to have left the U.S.

Life here in comparison to the U.S.?  Let me tell you this first.  People may think that the more you travel the more you learn and understand.  But I've actually found the opposite to be true so far, the longer I am here the more confused I feel.  And partly, I wanted to be confused, cause I wanted to learn Arabic and learn from them, but the problem is, there's so many Indian immigrants here everyone speaks Urdu.  So they don't understand me much, and I don't have much interest in understanding there language either.

So I am encountering some difficulty.

Also, the people here have way better manners, and are much more polite.  But I am starting to sense the possibility that maybe they don't engage in real thought-provoking conversations, which is something I enjoy very much.  I enjoy calling different idea's and opinions into question, and analyzing the situation from different perspectives, but so far I have failed to get into any real engaging discussions.  People are so agreeable over here, and too much agreement kills a chat. 

alot of people that travel into different cultures suffer confusion and can't adjust, it has a technical term 'culture shock', it's a normal thing that happens to anyone in the first month or so of living (not visiting) in a new environment. you're there for a while, so you'll adjust in no time.

i wouldn't recommend egypt if you want to learn arabic, most peeps there speak english too from what i saw, plus you're american, even though you're muslim all they will see is american dollars... people tend to be extremely friendly and hospitable when they think they will make a dolla. keep that in mind. to me egypt was fake, maybe because i experienced it as a tourist, but the amount of bullshit i saw was unbelievable.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

alot of people that travel into different cultures suffer confusion and can't adjust, it has a technical term 'culture shock', it's a normal thing that happens to anyone in the first month or so of living (not visiting) in a new environment. you're there for a while, so you'll adjust in no time.

i wouldn't recommend egypt if you want to learn arabic, most peeps there speak english too from what i saw, plus you're american, even though you're muslim all they will see is american dollars... people tend to be extremely friendly and hospitable when they think they will make a dolla. keep that in mind. to me egypt was fake, maybe because i experienced it as a tourist, but the amount of bullshit i saw was unbelievable.

I wasn't really anticipating a culture shock, because much of Islamic culture is the same wherever you go.  So some parts of the culture here you can find in a Muslim district located in a large American city or at the masjid.

One intersting note, is that I expected coming to a Muslim country would increase my level of faith (iman), but the ironic thing is that here amongst the people I'm staying with, it's expected with masjid on every street, that I attend all the prayers, etc... So your doing more because it's expected, wheras in America you are doing everything for the sake of Allah because the environment runs counter to your religion.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 11:34:30 AM by Hajj Abdul-Infinite...BANNED FOR CALLING TO TRUTH »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Jay_J

this man proved that why i believe in him most then the others in this forum... thank you for showing your honour, showing your honesty and showing your belief's rights...
if you want to come İstanbul be sure i will be glad to host you and make you see and travel a european city which has most minaret and mosque in the world

Allah knows what you deserve or what you have to live...
i hope all the things goes right for you...

AndrE16686

it's always good to travel. Im sure UAE is a great place to be if you are a Muslim. But what if you are a non-muslim living there? you get shat on I hear. My mate lived for a few years in Dubai, he got shat on constantly, cus you got less rights if you are not muslim.

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
Remember ya'll always said if I complain about America I should leave.  I told you I was working on it.  And a couple weeks ago Allah cleared the way for me and on Dec. 24th I left America for the Muslim countries.  I'm in Sharjah, UAE (Arab Gulf).  No telling how long, Allah knows best, and Allah is best in planning the affairs.  I don't have a job here or a way of earning and sustaining income, but Allah is the sustainer, and I am with my Muslim brethren.  Even the average Muslim on the street here is intelligent, refined, and generous.  Even strangers talk like they know eachother here, and a loud speaker makes the call to prayer and people stop what they are doing to go to the mosque for prayer.

Anyway, I can't get on the internet much, so I had to rush this message and be brief, peace to all the true hip-hop heads on the forum, and salaams and Eid Mubarak to all the Muslims on the forum.

just seeing this hope all is well and u are more happy there after all....i'm thinking of leaving this country soon also to live in Barbados

Chief

I wasn't really anticipating a culture shock, because much of Islamic culture is the same wherever you go.  So some parts of the culture here you can find in a Muslim district located in a large American city or at the masjid.

One intersting note, is that I expected coming to a Muslim country would increase my level of faith (iman), but the ironic thing is that here amongst the people I'm staying with, it's expected with masjid on every street, that I attend all the prayers, etc... So your doing more because it's expected, wheras in America you are doing everything for the sake of Allah because the environment runs counter to your religion.

i realise you only been there a short while, but at this stage would you give up your life in the U.S to live in the UAE?

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

i realise you only been there a short while, but at this stage would you give up your life in the U.S to live in the UAE?

Tough question.

My confusion over here is much greater than in the US.  In the US I know who's who, and what's what, and what is possible, and what is not likely to happen.  Also, things are more fixed for me in the US.

Over here, it's totally different.  I have no way to truly gauge what my situation is here.  If you are an American convert to Islam, over here you are like a celebrity.  So I've experienced more genorosity towards me here then ever in my entire life.  I'm not paying for anything were I live, people cook for me, and people drive me places I don't have to pay for taxies.  Also, there are people who are working on finding me a job, and everything else.  So, I have no way of knowing how long this genorosity will last, or if these people will come through for me (by the will of Allah).   When in America, I do most everything on my own, so I know what I can and can't do.  But here, I'm kind of in the hands of other people.

So right now I can't answer that question.  I'm still confused and need more time to see how everything works out.  I don't like the city here because it is way too busy.  But last weekend I had the oppurtunity to visit the more traditional regions of the country (bediun areas) and I spent time with several American Muslims who had moved out there permanantly and also met some of the locals.  Now that would be a nice place to live, it is beautiful and quiet out there, and the people love eachother like family.

So many things going on in my mind right now my head is spinning.  At one point, I was considering going to Egypt because I could learn Arabic easier there, also I have family and economic concerns that are calling me back home (I don't have a degree or anything like that, I'm just a regular dude trying to make it), but now some good things have started to happen for me here, it's confusing and I feel pressure; because I am making major life desicions right now, and I know I will be effect by the desicions I make in the coming days for the rest of my life. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 11:40:21 AM by Hajj Abdul-Infinite...BANNED FOR CALLING TO TRUTH »

Chief

crazy.

well there isn't much more i can say, make the most of it.

making a decision that will define the rest of your life is not easy.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Good luck Bro, but in the end you will come back to the USA.
there is no place like it in the world.

Fuck Bush, and politic's, + all stupid shit aside tho...
You miss this...

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
do u have any kids?

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Good luck Bro, but in the end you will come back to the USA.
there is no place like it in the world.

Fuck Bush, and politic's, + all stupid shit aside tho...
You miss this...

Hatesrats keeps it real always... you may have a point... still too early to tell for sure though...

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
yooo thats some brave moves you be making here infinite.....on the real though good luck.........

oh and you said something about there being mosques on every corner or whatever where you be at.......not tryna school a muslim on his onw religion but from the muslims i know, there aint meant to be many mosques around in a small amount of area.....

oh and yo like hatesrat said mang, it aint nuttin but truth.....it'd be great for you 2 learn arabic since you a muslim and the quran is written in that language....or is it urdu?......but u know what........one of the best saying ever is....there is no place like home....you many never feel fully welcomed or at peace in america.....but like hatesrat said...politics...racism and all that bullshit aside....you'll feel more at home in the states than you may feel anywhere else.....and if you got major faith in your religion, location is a minor

peace

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i luv when you "complain" about america...and they tell you that "you should leave" lmao people are fucking retarded

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Props on doing what you really wanna do and not just talk about it.. I hope you find what you are looking for!

Me and my best friend are talking about living in Africa for a few years when we get older..