Author Topic: Marsha Ambrosius Talks on Aftermath Debut, Working w/Dr. Dre & Eminem + More  (Read 569 times)

ABN

Marsha is crazy talented so i hope that Interscope and Dre will get behind this project. but she shouldn´t work with Eminem coz she´s way too good to sing on his crappy beats.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Marsha is crazy talented so i hope that Interscope and Dre will get behind this project. but she shouldn´t work with Eminem coz she´s way too good to sing on his crappy beats.

If she does any hooks for Em... it'll most likely be over some Dre beats. Also, Em is said to be working with other producers like Battlecat, RZA and Quick (as well as Dre) for his next album.

wcsoldier

I'm actually feeling a lot his recent hooks... though I have to be realistic, this will never come out, same with Dion (who's dope too) Gage and J.Ortiz, Stat and Eve  (don't care about em)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 06:23:20 AM by wcsoldier »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
You're waiting for Eve but don't care about Em? Aight...

anyway, yeah em's beats are whack. they're like dre beats with the funk sapped right out of 'em.

where did you hear about the em production?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

wcsoldier

¨^^^^ Naw I don't care about THEM ; Stat, Eve, Stat n GAGE

Suga Foot

This should be a good album.  I think Dre has a hard time breaking new R&B talent (Truth Hurts), but Marsha is already somewhat established and is a proven song writer, I don't even care if there are no Dre beats on this, I just hope it comes out good.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
well that's the catch, this is one of those rare situations in which there would defo be a lot of dre beats if it came out.

who heard that battlecat. quik and rza are producing for eminem? that would be sick.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

XaNdEr

who heard that battlecat. quik and rza are producing for eminem? that would be sick.

-T

think the same, em on some new shit, lately he got better lyrics again, cudnt be better 8)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
anyone have a link to what mentions rza, quik, and battlecat?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
^^imo addictive was ahead of its time, it never really got the sales it deserved for such a bangin 1st joint, ra killed that shit like he still a smooth mofo, like if anything, if truth hurts came out at a later date when the aftermath and co buzz was huge, she would have had huge numbers with such a banger....it was just out to early, no real promotion...or anything , even 1st week sales were not good..

Just read what Rebel just said again, DJ Quik produced Addictive but he never cleared the samples and shit for it, that's why the album got pulled outta stores and there was no second single... That's also why Dr. Dre did a remix for that song with Ra' droppin' a second verse, but it was too late because the album was already out at the time he did that, so they couldn't replace the song.

yeah i already know that but truth never had good sales from the beggining, she was never going to go plat

GangstaBoogy

Dre isn't successful when it comes to releasing r&b artist. Michel'le went plat after a year or so, but no one remembers here. Jewell never got released. Truth Hurts flopped big time. Let's see what happens this time...

That's not Truth's fault. Actually her album was doing good. But because of the lawsuit, the album was pulled from stores and a second single was never released. DJ Quick never revealed the sample nor got the clearence of the "Addictive" song.

Actually her second single "The Truth" was released. But R.Kelly wasn't in the video because of his legal situation at the time (the sex tapes). She pretty much had bad luck all around her.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dre isn't successful when it comes to releasing r&b artist. Michel'le went plat after a year or so, but no one remembers here. Jewell never got released. Truth Hurts flopped big time. Let's see what happens this time...

That's not Truth's fault. Actually her album was doing good. But because of the lawsuit, the album was pulled from stores and a second single was never released. DJ Quick never revealed the sample nor got the clearence of the "Addictive" song.

Actually her second single "The Truth" was released. But R.Kelly wasn't in the video because of his legal situation at the time (the sex tapes). She pretty much had bad luck all around her.

I didn't know that. So was the video scrapped?

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^imo addictive was ahead of its time, it never really got the sales it deserved for such a bangin 1st joint, ra killed that shit like he still a smooth mofo, like if anything, if truth hurts came out at a later date when the aftermath and co buzz was huge, she would have had huge numbers with such a banger....it was just out to early, no real promotion...or anything , even 1st week sales were not good..

Just read what Rebel just said again, DJ Quik produced Addictive but he never cleared the samples and shit for it, that's why the album got pulled outta stores and there was no second single... That's also why Dr. Dre did a remix for that song with Ra' droppin' a second verse, but it was too late because the album was already out at the time he did that, so they couldn't replace the song.

yeah i already know that but truth never had good sales from the beggining, she was never going to go plat

Nah... she was doing decent numbers. She hit 700K in the US when they pulled her album from stores.

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream

A single and a video ain't the same thing...
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

BigBDrugStores

¨^^^^ Naw I don't care about THEM ; Stat, Eve, Stat n GAGE
wow, you really dont care about stat