Author Topic: Marsha Ambrosius Talks on Aftermath Debut, Working w/Dr. Dre & Eminem + More  (Read 577 times)

Tha_Blaq_Sinattra

The chick can sing. When her CD comes out in 2014 I'm gonna grab it.

www.myspace.com/thablaqsinattra

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Dre isn't successful when it comes to releasing r&b artist. Michel'le went plat after a year or so, but no one remembers here. Jewell never got released. Truth Hurts flopped big time. Let's see what happens this time...

That's not Truth's fault. Actually her album was doing good. But because of the lawsuit, the album was pulled from stores and a second single was never released. DJ Quick never revealed the sample nor got the clearence of the "Addictive" song.

Actually her second single "The Truth" was released. But R.Kelly wasn't in the video because of his legal situation at the time (the sex tapes). She pretty much had bad luck all around her.

I didn't know that. So was the video scrapped?

Na video was release, single was released to radio outlets etc...i have the video

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
^^ cool, can you up it please?

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
^^imo addictive was ahead of its time, it never really got the sales it deserved for such a bangin 1st joint, ra killed that shit like he still a smooth mofo, like if anything, if truth hurts came out at a later date when the aftermath and co buzz was huge, she would have had huge numbers with such a banger....it was just out to early, no real promotion...or anything , even 1st week sales were not good..

Just read what Rebel just said again, DJ Quik produced Addictive but he never cleared the samples and shit for it, that's why the album got pulled outta stores and there was no second single... That's also why Dr. Dre did a remix for that song with Ra' droppin' a second verse, but it was too late because the album was already out at the time he did that, so they couldn't replace the song.

yeah i already know that but truth never had good sales from the beggining, she was never going to go plat

Nah... she was doing decent numbers. She hit 700K in the US when they pulled her album from stores.

nah....she did weak numbers, she was never going to release another album off aftermath no matter what she was saying at the time and shit, i remember her sayin she had a sick joint with shaunta and shit, but her album failed numbers wise from weak 1, she barely went gold....she may have reached 700k over a period of time or that was how many albums were shipped, but for numbers happening at that time, truth album failed, i copped the muhfucka, u remember clean what went wrong, i think she did not even hit 100k first week...end of story, she was not going to hit platinum, she had two vidoes, r kelly was missin still.....like other dude said, she had bad luck from the beggining, but she never did good numbers

GangstaBoogy

Actually her second single "The Truth" was released. But R.Kelly wasn't in the video because of his legal situation at the time (the sex tapes). She pretty much had bad luck all around her.

A single and a video ain't the same thing...

The song was on the radio...the video was on tv...how was it not a single?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"