Author Topic: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn: The "Blue Carpet Interview" - Part 3 !!  (Read 2238 times)

WestCoasta

Re: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn: The "Blue Carpet Interview" - Part 3 !!
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2007, 01:34:54 PM »
nice interview  ;D

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2007, 01:38:45 PM »
nice interview  ;D

it was cool

snoop was snappin

d-nice

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2007, 01:41:46 PM »
I guess once Round Here drops as a single and people like Terrance and Rocsi on 106 ask him about it being similar to Eminem or Dido he will understand where Nima is coming from.  ;D

This was another crazy comment:

Dubcnn: Hopefully we’ll finally get to see Soopafly coming on something when their record drops!

Yeah! Soopafly got his own record he’s doing with Daz too, but like I say, I push Soopafly to be more hungrier, he gotta be more into it. Like right now, I just produced a whole album, “The Bigg Squeeze”. How the fuck did a produce a whole album and I’m not even a producer, but I became a producer over night? And then you got guys around there that have been producing their whole life and they haven’t produced a whole album yet. It’s because you gotta be hungry, you gotta be willing to do it, and hopefully I put fire in Soopafly and the rest of these cats around me, to wanna start producing whole albums. Cause to me, Soopafly could produce a whole album! He just gotta wanna do it!

He ain't put no album out because YOU WON'T PUT IT OUT!!! STOP BULLSHITTIN.  ;D

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2007, 01:45:09 PM »

dayyyymmnnnn..... props man props...

really dope interview

waitin for part 4

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

WestCoasta

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2007, 01:51:12 PM »
eminem is hip-hop(loves rap, has lines he won't cross in the pop world, dude is real)

Smack That?

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2007, 01:52:37 PM »
good job Nima. I think that snoop doesnt want to realize that dre gave him only some leftovers or remakes... That's the truth

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

~Lucien~

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2007, 01:57:58 PM »
this was a good read... props

T-Dub

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2007, 02:06:07 PM »
Props, real nice interview Nima.  I'm looking forward to part 4 8)

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2007, 02:09:44 PM »
eminem is hip-hop(loves rap, has lines he won't cross in the pop world, dude is real)

Smack That?

Eminem is hip hop?  all his biggest songs are pop records dissing pop artists, how is that hiphop, Em is hiphop for the white teenage and preteen girls, the streets don't feel him

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2007, 02:21:15 PM »

So What happened with Wc i cant remember

Here's a quote from the interview... my question was a reaction to him saying New West artists was dissing the OG's.

Dubcnn: I ain't heard about no dissing to be honest with you, I talk to a lot of the New West cats and...

Fuck what you heard, cuzz! Listen to what I'm saying, my nigga! What I'm saying is that I'm hearing a lot of niggas holler "This is the New West Coast", and I'm hearing niggas saying "Fuck them old niggas." That's what I'm hearing! I don't give a fuck what you hearing! I'm telling you what I'm hearing! What I'm saying is, it's all good, it's all West West, but if niggas got problems with niggas that's been here before them, because they can't get out there for whatever reason, labels ain't picking them up and signing them, then speak on that shit, cuzz! You throwing up the West Coast, but when you're throwing it up, you're throwing up the old W! You throwing it up the way we were throwing it up beforehand! Check the record, nigga!

ahhhh yeah i remmember this, when he spoke about this i thought of Hood surgeon cuz he keeps saying the new west....

thanks for taking the time to get those quotes...pEace

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2007, 03:02:20 PM »
good job Nima. I think that snoop doesnt want to realize that dre gave him only some leftovers or remakes... That's the truth

word, cept for boss' life. BUT that doesn't take away from the quality IMO.

Smack That?

Eminem is hip hop?  all his biggest songs are pop records dissing pop artists, how is that hiphop, Em is hiphop for the white teenage and preteen girls, the streets don't feel him

akon isn't timberlake. not saying he doesn't make bad poppy songs, I said there are lines he won't cross. will he do poppy shit? yeah but so will ras kass, but eminem wouldn't do a song with justin timberlake and try to front on us like snoop just did. so maybe em ain't hip hop, but after this interview i feel like he's more hip hop than snoop.

I guess once Round Here drops as a single and people like Terrance and Rocsi on 106 ask him about it being similar to Eminem or Dido he will understand where Nima is coming from.  ;D

This was another crazy comment:

Dubcnn: Hopefully we’ll finally get to see Soopafly coming on something when their record drops!

Yeah! Soopafly got his own record he’s doing with Daz too, but like I say, I push Soopafly to be more hungrier, he gotta be more into it. Like right now, I just produced a whole album, “The Bigg Squeeze”. How the fuck did a produce a whole album and I’m not even a producer, but I became a producer over night? And then you got guys around there that have been producing their whole life and they haven’t produced a whole album yet. It’s because you gotta be hungry, you gotta be willing to do it, and hopefully I put fire in Soopafly and the rest of these cats around me, to wanna start producing whole albums. Cause to me, Soopafly could produce a whole album! He just gotta wanna do it!

He ain't put no album out because YOU WON'T PUT IT OUT!!! STOP BULLSHITTIN.  ;D

there was no question in my mind that round here is a doper song. dre produced versus not dre produced, come on no contest. and i think alot of us feel that way and that's another reason snoop was an ass in that instance....no one was saying the song wasn't the shit, but he got all dickish as soon as Nima said anything that wasn't "that shit is dope as fuck" so instead of being like "Oh that guitar shit in the beginning? yeah kinda, huh? peep those keys dre added though, fucking gangster huh?" and Nima woulda been like "Yeah!" and it woulda been all good instead dude practically disses eminem: WHACK.

is the dido sample even credited in the booklet? I don't think it is. I don't think dre even realized it, it was just a similar chord progression/guitar changes.

-T

12. Round Here
Produced by Dr.Dre
Keyboards by Dawaun Parker
Mixed by Dr. Dre
*Contains samples from the composition "Thank You", as performed by Dido Armstrong & Paul Herman

That looped melody in the back is Dido's song. BTW I forgot Dre did not do the keys on this. Anyways here is the original. It is plain as day at the beginning of the song.

tis a bold thing he said there, pretty much saying soopa is lazy/not making his record.

that from the booklet or the vault?

Eminem is more wack for making a career dissing pop artists like Aguilera who actually has more talent than Em, and releasing those songs as first singles to get his 10 million sales than Snoop doing a song with Justin which was a 3rd single and really didin't blow up in the US anyway ot was more of a worldwide hit

just cause aguilera can sing doesn't mean she's more talented than eminem. would you say traci nelson and latoiya williams are more talented than eminem?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

d-nice

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2007, 03:06:12 PM »
I know during one interview Soopa did mention about his Willie Dynamite album not being up to his standards, but I have a hard time going with Snoop on Soopafly does not have that hunger. Every time Snoop needs him he brings the heat. If he has no hunger why is Daz putting his album out?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2007, 03:09:40 PM »
I know during one interview Soopa did mention about his Willie Dynamite album not being up to his standards, but I have a hard time going with Snoop on Soopafly does not have that hunger. Every time Snoop needs him he brings the heat. If he has no hunger why is Daz putting his album out?

word. dude you are always coming with that discussive heat. are you in ca? let's smoke, i got two phillies and a nate dogg blunt rolled, with a joint ready just in case, no bullshittin'. where you at?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

d-nice

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2007, 03:26:53 PM »

word. dude you are always coming with that discussive heat. are you in ca? let's smoke, i got two phillies and a nate dogg blunt rolled, with a joint ready just in case, no bullshittin'. where you at?

-T

Las Vegas. Come out for the All Star Game and we will hang out.

k1000

« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2007, 03:39:45 PM »
propz for the interview. enjoyed reading it.
funny that Snoop says Dre re-used his shit, talkin about Round Here sounding similar to Stan whereas Stan was not poduced by Dre, but by The 45 King.