Author Topic: Why does Greek myths always make the most sense?  (Read 1005 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Why does Greek myths always make the most sense?
« on: January 25, 2007, 12:29:13 PM »
 ;D

LMFAO! For real though, they do. Whenever you hear the explanation to their way of life or how it works, it's crazy. They always make the most sense.

I'm pretty sure it was the Greeks or the Egyptians but in that area and time period, all there ideas made fuckin' sense. I can't think of alot off hand but ya know what I'm getting at right? Don't they though???

Myths

'Originally humans were combined of 4 arms, 4 legs, and a single head made of 2 faces, but Zeus feared their power and split them all in half, condemning them to spending their lives searching for the other half to complete them.' And that's where your soulmate or wife come from.

'Myth also has it that Venus' son Cupid accidentally shot arrows into the rose garden when a bee stung him, and it was the "sting" of the arrows that caused the roses to grow thorns. And, when Venus walked through the garden and pricked her foot on a thorn, it was the droplets of her blood which turned the roses red.'

This one is hilarious. 'Heracles was born of Zeus and a mortal woman, Alcmene. Just before Heracles was born, Zeus boasted that a son of his blood would be born that day and rule over the House of Perseus. Hera in jealousy, arranged with Eileityia, the goddess of childbirth, to delay the delivery. Eilethyia outside her bed room with her legs and fingers tightly crossed, effectively blocking delivery. Zeus switched with an other woman who was having his child but wasn't due yet. Zeus got Athena to bring the child to Hera, saying she found it outside the city and asked Hera to to pity him. Hera bared her breast to the baby but Heracles sucked with such force that Hera pulled her breast away.
The milk spurted across the sky and became the Milky Way.'

All their Gods make sense too and shit. Shit is crazy. Don't front.  8)

Sikotic™

Re: Why does Greek myths always make the most sense?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 12:38:13 PM »
I took a course on Greek Myth a year ago. It was actually pretty interesting. I dunno if it makes a lot fo sense, but you can see its huge impact on today's society.

BTW, Zeus is the biggest pimp ever. He got more ass than anybody.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 12:42:11 PM »
That's what's up!

LMAO.

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Death is certain, life is not
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 12:45:10 PM »
hades is the shit, get him mad get yo ass killed and damned

8) 8) 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 01:50:26 PM »
:sign_werd: He even hit it with his own sisters. :P

I use to love greek mythology when I was very young.
Greek myth>* myth

The Kryptonian

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 02:55:27 PM »
All of the Ancient myths are largely intertwined. they just have different names is all.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 03:15:32 PM »
ive taken greek n roman myth, as well as greek/roman history courses, i used to love that shit as a kid

sik, ju right mayne, zeus was cooler than ice berg slim. man was a beast
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

swangin and bangin

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 03:36:14 PM »
wasnt hercules greek?

Sparegeez

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 04:30:06 PM »
wasnt hercules greek?

"Is Greece in Europe?"

"Do Greeks have good food?"

"Why Do Greeks wear skirts?"

You always give the stupidest inputs in these conversations i swear.

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 05:33:09 PM »
What I love the most about Greek mythology are the paintings that portray certain myths. One thing I learned from taking those mythology classes was an appreciation of art. I mean, how can you not appreciate this?:

This is a portayal of Zeus' rape of Europa. Zeus is soooooo fuckin' gangsta, that even when a bitch wouldn't give up the cock (no homo) he would do something crazy like turn into an animal or a tree and kidnap her.

So in this particular situation, this nigga Zeus turns into a bull. He would then proceed to bang her, get her pregnant, and bounce back to Mount Olympus. Zeus never had to pay any child support. All these rappers need to be looking at Zeus for inspiration.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

WC Iz Active

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 06:45:42 PM »
I took a course on Greek Myth a year ago. It was actually pretty interesting. I dunno if it makes a lot fo sense, but you can see its huge impact on today's society.

LMAO!

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 07:33:38 PM »

LMAO!
lol

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 01:02:28 PM »
So in this particular situation, this nigga Zeus turns into a bull. He would then proceed to bang her, get her pregnant, and bounce back to Mount Olympus. Zeus never had to pay any child support. All these rappers need to be looking at Zeus for inspiration.

LOL

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "u gotta give respect to get respect"
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 03:26:44 PM »

'Originally humans were combined of 4 arms, 4 legs, and a single head made of 2 faces, but Zeus feared their power and split them all in half, condemning them to spending their lives searching for the other half to complete them.' And that's where your soulmate or wife come from.

^^this is plato, as far as i remember.
liked that a lot.
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 03:44:46 PM »
greeks invented anal sex... fuckin faggots