Author Topic: The OFFICIAL UFC Thread  (Read 10584 times)

PLANT

The OFFICIAL UFC Thread
« on: January 26, 2007, 07:51:46 AM »
Did you guys see Rashad Evans knock out Sean Salmon lastnite?  Wholy shit, that was a crazy KO, Salmon dropped like a sack of potatoes, and didnt get up for like 5 minutes.  Rashad is looking really good.  I could see him getting a shot at Chuck after another fight or 2 maybe. 

Does anyone else think Jason McDonald has a shot at beating Rich Franklin?  I think dude has a serious chance.  Im not sure how Rich is going to recover from getting fucked up hard by Anderson.  What u guys think
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 11:06:26 AM by Now_I_Know »

PLANT

Re: The OFFICIAL UFC Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 08:56:17 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UYJ7BamP8fs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UYJ7BamP8fs</a>

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 08:58:09 AM »
Did you guys see Rashad Evans knock out Sean Salmon lastnite?  Wholy shit, that was a crazy KO, Salmon dropped like a sack of potatoes, and didnt get up for like 5 minutes.  Rashad is looking really good.  I could see him getting a shot at Chuck after another fight or 2 maybe. 

Does anyone else think Jason McDonald has a shot at beating Rich Franklin?  I think dude has a serious chance.  Im not sure how Rich is going to recover from getting fucked up hard by Anderson.  What u guys think

I saw it last night. Evans looked good, i thought Salmon fought him tough and Rashad Looked kind of tentative until that disgusting Cro Cop type Kick...Hes def a top contender for the LHW title, but Rampage coming to the UFC might hurt his shot a little.

And i think that McDonald has a great shot at beating Rich, hes shown what an "Athlete" that he is, and his 2 submissions were VERY impressive and fairly quick. He needs to get Rich on the ground, But you know Rich will be Hungry and hes in a must win situation, hes got a ton of pressure to perfrom after that lost to Silva, where as IMO nobody even expects McDonlad to be here or win, so hes got very little pressure coming into this fight.

Hermes Franca last night proved hes deserving of a title shot, i bet Dana White gives him one. Very impressive knockout of Fisher which doesnt happen ever, the only time i seen Fisher lose was to Sam Stout by decision...

Heath Heller was very dissapointing and LOL@ him saying people dont wanna see you lay on the ground..JACKASS ITS FUCKIN MMA!!! IF YOU DONT LIKE IT CRAZYHORSE BECOME A BOXER!!! What an idiot comment that was...And that Jacobs kid is gonna be good, he is very similar to Tito and comes out of Team Punishment...
And it was nice to see Ed Herman get his first win in the UFC he has a long road to the top of the MW Division but that was a good start...

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 08:59:43 AM »
AND PROPS PLANT FOR STARTING THE THREAD! ITS BEEN A LONG TIME COMING!!  8)
LETS GET THIS SHIT STICKY!!!  ;D

The Best of 3 Worlds

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 09:18:39 AM »
ITS BEEN A LONG TIME COMING!!  8)
LETS GET THIS SHIT STICKY!!!  ;D
no doubt!

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 09:45:29 AM »
Yeah Rashad was a good KO I'll give him that. I dont think JMac will be able to take out Rich though he's gonna come back hungry for a victory and getting back on his feet.

I never wanna see that Jake guy again though, he took Heath down every time, and got past guard, but still didnt do any submissions at all. Boring LNP performance by him.

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 09:49:10 AM »
so whos all fighting at the next ppv?  GSP is out right?  So the main even will be Anderson Silva?

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 09:51:27 AM »
So far its this

Main Card Bouts:
-Mirko Cro Cop Filipovic  vs. Eddie Sanchez
-Anderson Silva  vs. Travis Lutter
-Quinton Jackson  vs. Marvin Eastman
-Roger Huerta vs. John Halverson
-Scott Smith vs. Patrick Cote

Preliminary Bouts
-Ryoto Machida vs. Sam Hoger
-Tyson Griffin vs. Frank Edgar
-Jorge Rivera vs. Terry Martin
-Dustin Hazelett vs. Diego Saraiv

my picks in bold

PLANT

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 09:58:34 AM »
cool, I seen that Rampage dude on Inside the UFC lastnite with Joe Rogan....Dude is a monster.  How long ago was it that he beat Chuck Liddell?

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 10:02:38 AM »
Like 4 years ago,( before he got killed by Wanderlei twice, and before he became reborn christian)

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 10:05:13 AM »
Oh yeah lol did anyone laugh when Hermes Franca was like "give me a fuuking title shot pleaaase"

haha good stuff

PLANT

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 10:07:50 AM »
Oh yeah lol did anyone laugh when Hermes Franca was like "give me a fuuking title shot pleaaase"

haha good stuff
haha LOL no I didnt see that

Kool Beenz

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 10:10:44 AM »
i havent been able to watch it yet but ill catch soon

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 10:30:12 AM »

haha good stuff

Yeah that was funny, but he is right up there as far as a title shot goes

The Best of 3 Worlds

PLANT

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 10:41:06 AM »
Fuck I hope McDonald just tunes Rich Franklin.......Whens Hughes making his return?