Author Topic: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The Interview: Part 4 Up Now!  (Read 3678 times)

WestCoasta

Re: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The Interview: Part 4 Up Now!
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2007, 04:13:56 PM »
nice interview Nima

this shit is better than the first 3 parts

d-nice

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2007, 04:20:04 PM »
Bottom line for me, Dre does not make or break a Snoop album for me. There are plenty of dope producers within Snoop's camp that he can use. And if he has to jump through hoops to work with the man, then how accessible is Dre? I don't think you can tie down Dre long enough to get him to do a album like Doggystyle anymore. He did alot of beats on Kingdom Come on Jay Z's but those beats were emailed to Jay. Just off of fans requests alone if Dre worked with everyone fans wanted him to work with, he might as well not have a label.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2007, 04:29:50 PM »
Bottom line for me, Dre does not make or break a Snoop album for me. There are plenty of dope producers within Snoop's camp that he can use. And if he has to jump through hoops to work with the man, then how accessible is Dre? I don't think you can tie down Dre long enough to get him to do a album like Doggystyle anymore. He did alot of beats on Kingdom Come on Jay Z's but those beats were emailed to Jay.

a)You're right, doggfather was tight, and I've heard great things about paid tha cost and rng but one can be sure it could be a banger but defo not a classic without dre.
b)"Just off of fans requests alone if Dre worked with everyone fans wanted him to work with, he might as well not have a label."-D-Nice

Should tell you something. Dre: Doesn't give a fuck about the fans. If Detox has 50 but no Kurupt, I hope that shit pulls a fucking firm.

Furthermore, dude shouldn't have a label. Takes forever for him to do ANYTHING. He should just have a production company. If I had it my way Dre storch,hi-tek,focus, mel-man, elizondo,batson, and the dogghouse producers(as a mothafuckin' team) would produce nothing but eminem,nas, and west coast artists and shit would get down like it should. it's a shame dre's better at training business men than artists these days (eminem capitalized on 50 like dre capitalized on him, yet eminem's production is just dre production without funk)

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

acgrundy

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2007, 04:31:41 PM »
Aquarious are flakes?  since when?

Aquarius' are air signs and always have been.They tend to be flighty; they don't like to be tied down. They always need to be free, don't like committment so they tend to go from being really into one thing to being really into another thing relatively quickly.

-T

I'm aquarious, sounds about right

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2007, 04:36:17 PM »
word, so is Rakim.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2007, 04:37:33 PM »
Bottom line for me, Dre does not make or break a Snoop album for me. There are plenty of dope producers within Snoop's camp that he can use. And if he has to jump through hoops to work with the man, then how accessible is Dre? I don't think you can tie down Dre long enough to get him to do a album like Doggystyle anymore. He did alot of beats on Kingdom Come on Jay Z's but those beats were emailed to Jay.

a)You're right, doggfather was tight, and I've heard great things about paid tha cost and rng but one can be sure it could be a banger but defo not a classic without dre.
b)"Just off of fans requests alone if Dre worked with everyone fans wanted him to work with, he might as well not have a label."-D-Nice

Should tell you something. Dre: Doesn't give a fuck about the fans. If Detox has 50 but no Kurupt, I hope that shit pulls a fucking firm.

Furthermore, dude shouldn't have a label. Takes forever for him to do ANYTHING. He should just have a production company. If I had it my way Dre storch,hi-tek,focus, mel-man, elizondo,batson, and the dogghouse producers(as a mothafuckin' team) would produce nothing but eminem,nas, and west coast artists and shit would get down like it should. it's a shame dre's better at training business men than artists these days (eminem capitalized on 50 like dre capitalized on him, yet eminem's production is just dre production without funk)

-T

I have said Snoop should have a production company for YEARS. As for albums that did not have Dre production, Doggfather- Dre left, Game Is To Be Sold- 1st No Limit album so he went with their producers, Paid The Cost- Asked Dre to get down and he did not, R&G- was working heavy with Pharrell. It gave producers like Dj Pooh, Fred Wreck, Battlecat, Meech Wells and others a chance to shine, and like the skit on Doggfather said, most people thought his beats would be delicate once Dre left. Dre could have took Snoop with him and DPGC to Aftermath but he wanted to start fresh with new artists so in that sense Snoop has been able to create his own lane for himself with other artists. It may not be as big as if he was with Dre but once again like the million other artists that are waiting on him, It is all up to Dre.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2007, 04:42:02 PM »
we absolutely sure dre declined working on paid tha cost? wonder if it had to do with the fact that dre didn't want nothing to do with pim slapp'd or something.

and I meant dre should have a production company.

and those beats were alot more delicate, why has warren g never produced on a snoop album? that shit would be the best kind of delicate and would make up for dre's absence at times.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2007, 04:45:45 PM »
also, warren g produced a buuunch of EARLY UNRELEASED KURUPT.whooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeee...can you say unreleased classic? I guarantee you that shit off the fucking meat thermometer! NIMAAAAAAAAAAAA, tell Snoop i'll pay 500 dollars for that Kurupt/Warren G record if he can get it.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2007, 04:47:44 PM »
also, just realized...it would not have been easy to take Snoop and DPGC to aftermath. they'd still be in court with Suge right now if they made a mass exodus. It would have been some 10 commandments level shit.

Bullets would be parting the red TEE, ninja!

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2007, 04:50:11 PM »
we absolutely sure dre declined working on paid tha cost? wonder if it had to do with the fact that dre didn't want nothing to do with pim slapp'd or something.

and I meant dre should have a production company.

and those beats were alot more delicate, why has warren g never produced on a snoop album? that shit would be the best kind of delicate and would make up for dre's absence at times.

-T

I meant to say dre should have a production company, my bad. I would not be surprised. This was also around the time Snoop was saying that Dre and Xzibit were wrong for dissing Jermaine Dupri and not Suge for all the fucked up things he has done to them so it would not surprise me if Dre just did not find time to do beats. The delicate part was from the skit on Doggfather and to be Doggfather still had hard beats. I think in the end having to work with different producers other than Dre helped Snoop out. He showed that he is versatile enough to spit over different beats. As for Warren G you could ask that along with Daz. How can you have and DPG and a 213 album without Daz and Warren G doing beats?  

d-nice

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2007, 04:53:06 PM »
also, just realized...it would not have been easy to take Snoop and DPGC to aftermath. they'd still be in court with Suge right now if they made a mass exodus. It would have been some 10 commandments level shit.

Bullets would be parting the red TEE, ninja!

-T

Tha Dogg Pound at this time was content being at Death Row. Either way you was going to have to give up something to get Snoop. I can understand that Dre probably would not want the hassle that came with that. The other rumor that was going around was that Snoop was going to sign with Priority as a solo artist.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2007, 04:54:24 PM »
"LET MY PEOPLE GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"

DETOX OR BUST

just fuckin' witchu mayne. +1

-T

westcoastavengers.com

The Great Elephant

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2007, 04:55:06 PM »
-T

yeah there was kind of an unspoken beef because of dre not working on a suge diss, but then he and eminem went after dupri after snoop did some songs with him...i think

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2007, 04:59:14 PM »
dre just legitimately watching his ass there. JD ain't gonna kill no one. suge'll hang your ass off a balcony.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2007, 05:07:08 PM »
dre just legitimately watching his ass there. JD ain't gonna kill no one. suge'll hang your ass off a balcony.

-T

It's a easy target. But like I said at this point it would be great to have more Dre/Snoop collabos but I would also like to hear Snoop get down with Meech, Fred Wreck, and Daz too. Like he said in the interview, if he did not get down and do collabo with these people, no one would know who they are or they would have to get down with someone else.