Author Topic: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The Interview: Part 5 Up Now!  (Read 1682 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn - The Interview: Part 5 Up Now!
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »
Then we got the Snoop's Candy site, for all the females that's out there listening, cause I know all the girls be trying to get to me, they be getting caught up with all these rappers and all these MC's and DJ's. So I put together a site strictly for the ladies, called "Snoop's Candy". So all the females that wanna become models, actresses, wanna be in videos or just want their picture up on my site or want to become one of my friends, hit us up, it's for all available women, mainly single women, so holla!-LMMFAO

anyone else think this shit sounds sketchy as fuck? Another damn near fool proof avenue for DPGs to hook up with groupies, hilarious.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Efrain

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2007, 12:25:38 PM »
2) Daz and Kurupt on mushrooms holding the Death Row offices hostage for money... then almost killing Suge/Suge killing them.
6) Daz and C style flipping over vending machines to thwart Death Row assassins from murdering everyone in the studio (as heard on news clip from intro to that Dogg Pound ep on mp3.com years ago).
7) Daz and Snoop defending Snoop's house from Death Row assassins when Snoop left Death Row.

what the hell? i've never heard about those

The first story was told by Daz. He claimed around the time Death Row put the “Just Doggin’” track on the Sunset Park soundtrack he was completely broke. When he found out Death Row put the track on that soundtrack he was pissed and wanted to get paid for it. So him, Kurupt and Hershy Loc, who all happened to be all high on mushrooms, went to Death Row offices and told everyone to get “up against the wall” and give them their money. When Suge heard the commotion from the other room he came in and grabbed Daz and made motions like he was going to try and tackle him. When Daz saw Suge was going to flex on him he grabbed a screw driver and put it to Suge’s throat. Daz said he figured he could claim self deffence if anything happened and was ready to go through with it, Suge apparently realized Daz was serious and told him to “clam down” and “hold on.” Then Suge supposedly went into the other room and wrote Daz a check for $150,000 of which he gave Kurupt 10 grand.

Daz claims both Kurupt and Hershy Loc will corroborate the story if asked. 

The second story has never really been elaborated on to my knowledge (maybe in an old Bad Azz interview?). It was described in the intro to a Dogg Pound EP that was posted for pre-order on mp3.com back around the 99 or 2000 I believe. The intro was actually just the audio from a nightly news story that described a thwarted gangland murder of The Dogg Pound prevented by Daz and C style by tipping over vending machines so the people couldn’t get in to the building. Whoever they were interviewing said there was gun shots and something to the effect of “they were trying to come in the building and kill everybody.”

Can someone post that audio?

The third story was just mentioned by Daz and I don’t remember him elaborating. He said something like around the time Snoop left Death Row and Daz was still signed him and Snoop were at Snoops house and they had to defend it from Death Row people who were trying to get in. I think that all we really know about that one.

What’s good about all these stories though is that there are more than one person involved. So while Daz isn’t the most credible person, Snoop and Kurupt are in the stories too so maybe they’re true.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2007, 02:39:45 PM »
do you know any more from that list, those are entertaining as hell!

-T

westcoastavengers.com

PICA$$O

• Lil Geezy
  • The Best of the Best
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2007, 04:43:47 PM »
dope, much luv Nima
Dont HATE
And you wont be HATED
!   !   !   !   !   !   !   !   !

Efrain

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2007, 04:45:19 PM »
do you know any more from that list, those are entertaining as hell!

-T

The Tray Dee one was pretty highly publicized. The story as I understood it (someone correct me if I’m wrong) is… apparently after the first Eastsidaz album there were disputes over money between Goldie, Tray and Snoop. In addition Snoop wasn’t willing to do a second Eastsidaz album which only made the problem worse. So in an attempt to remedy things Snoop agreed to do a bunch of guest features on a second Eastsidaz album free of charge. After recording extensively out of nowhere the full two CD album leaked in perfect quality onto the net months before any release date or word of the album. In the wake of the leak the label shelved the project indefinitely. Shortly after this Tray Dee went to Snoops house trying to fight him screaming about money he was owed. Shots were fired and then Tray Dee continued his tirade to anyone who would listen. He preceded to completely bash snoop calling him a fake pimp and said he was a puppet, he said Don Magic Juan would bring a couple of his hoes over and Snoop would pay him lots of money thinking he was a pimp too. He also said Snoop doesn’t write any of his rhymes, he said he pays people a grand to write a song for him (Tray being one person who’s done that a lot for Snoop). Soon after that Daz, Snoop (and maybe Bad Azz) were interviewed and when asked about the situation they all laughed and said they expected him to be talking shit. When Daz was interviewed and asked about Tray Dee he said he didn’t know what was up with him and all he knew was that people were saying Tray was real pissed at Daz.     

The Sam Sneed story is pretty common knowledge. Around the time Dre told Death Row he was leaving the label a meeting was called at Death Row’s offices and every single person was ordered to attend from staff to artists. As told by Nate Dogg, Daz and O.F.T.B. in interviews and that VH1 behind the music these Death Row meetings were notorious for beat downs, threats and gang intimidation to keep everyone in line and scared. So in this meeting Sam Sneed (who was already being closely observed due to his close Dre affiliation) is called out because he was trying to charge Snoop 20 grand for that “Blueberry” beat from the Doggfather album. Apparently he was being really persistent about getting paid and it rustled some feathers. Snoop was also upset because he had done work for Sam in the past free of charge so why was this guy demanding money like he was some star. On top of that 20 grand was extremely high for in-house work and Snoop felt it was disrespectful to ask that much. So after being called out, 2pac takes over the inquisition and questions Sam’s loyalty to the company. He suggests they play a recent video he shot for his upcoming album and see how many people from Death Row have cameos. And for every person from the East Coast that has a cameo Sam gets pummeled. So they start watching the music video and sure enough it’s all east coast rappers so basically Sam got beat the fuck down in front of everyone and was totally humiliated he left the label immediately afterward. Daz claimed Sam’s brain tumor was the result of the intense beating he received that day.

The other element to that story was that Nate and Daz had said these “meetings” were so foul that they went into every single one with a plan of escape. They would bring guns and if anyone fucked with either of them they would just start shooting and run for the door. Daz later said that during that Sam Sneed meeting him and Nate had their hands on their guns the entire time just waiting.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 04:49:59 PM by Efrain »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2007, 04:50:59 PM »
where's sam sneed from? damn....shit is fucked up....I've heard doggfather but I never bought it or owned it...is the blueberries beat from the dre unreleased album the same beat used on tha doggfather? or is the dre unreleased album version the one in dispute?
-T

westcoastavengers.com

Blu Lacez

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2007, 05:54:40 PM »
Dang....Death Row musta been a amd place to be..where tension got high..
Imagine walkin into d studio to record a track..and walkin out with cuts,bruises and ur heart beating faster than twista rappin style...

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2007, 12:17:30 AM »
nice interview

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2007, 02:01:36 AM »
where's sam sneed from? damn....shit is fucked up....I've heard doggfather but I never bought it or owned it...is the blueberries beat from the dre unreleased album the same beat used on tha doggfather? or is the dre unreleased album version the one in dispute?
-T

The two beats are totally different but both dope. Snoop does a nice intro on the unreleased version. I wouldn't be surprised if Sam Sneed was asking to get paid - he probably hadn't seen a penny for his work at Death Row.
The oher version of the story is that Snoop just asked Sam Sneed what his going rate was for a beat and it got twisted from there.
Who knows what happened? I just wanna hear all the dope shit they didn't release.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2007, 05:46:22 PM »
yo u ever ask him how often him n dre speak...chill?? just to see how close these niggaz really are and if he got a part to play on detox.....

finally read the interview though still....bangin again....

the 12beat idea is dope....anyone who is seriously thinking of becomming a rapper....500 is a minor.....even if yur shit fails....u gotta be confident enough and take risks to be successfull.....i don;t know how successful you will be with snoop but u know....i would not hold anyone back folrm trying....snoop spoke some shit on soopafly which made me think that while dude got talent...he aint got the mental attitude for the game....

anyway peace......

y'all should do a snoop/dre interview, that would be crazy!! but it would never happen,lol.....but it would be funny.....snoop would be like "ay yo dre, shut the fuck up mang, i showed you dubcnn, this is my spot...imma do the talking, you my yes man today....nucca".......and then dre drops his gay ass laugh and be like "haha yeah yeah yeah"