Author Topic: 300  (Read 2015 times)

MIAMI4LIFE

Re: Just got back from the midnight showing of 300!
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2007, 04:31:22 PM »
good movie, special effects were sick

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2007, 05:23:06 PM »
Went to see it friday night , really enjoyed it,highly recommended,excellent effects and awesome battle scenes, the plot was pretty weak  but it was still a really good movie

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

ShadyGuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: 300
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2007, 09:08:58 PM »
Saw it today.  The action was pretty awesome, the dialogue wasn't so hot though

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2007, 09:12:37 PM »
i have my tickets for it tomorrow, on IMAX  ;D ;D

if only it were in HD too..

Some are being shown in digital projection with DLP

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2007, 09:14:09 PM »
fuck the dialogue nigga go see a woody allen movie if you want dialogue, this was pure testosterone mixed with blood screams and dirt and i liked it.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2007, 09:25:24 PM »
Now that's what i'm talking about. ;D
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Luke

• 'G'
  • Roll To Every Station Wreck The DJ
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2007, 10:16:45 PM »
Went to see it friday night , really enjoyed it,highly recommended,excellent effects and awesome battle scenes, the plot was pretty weak  but it was still a really good movie

how can you say the plot was weak?

first of all...its a true story. its a little historically inaccurate...but 300 spartans fighting for their freedom against millions of persians...thats a damn good plot...even if it wasn't true

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2007, 12:07:09 AM »

first of all...its a true story. its a little historically inaccurate...but 300 spartans fighting for their freedom against millions of persians...thats a damn good plot...even if it wasn't true

LOL
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

The Watcher

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 01:19:07 AM »
the movie is loosely based on the battle of thermopylae
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2007, 02:53:42 AM »

plot was pretty weak. and the acting was nuttin special. like javy said no dynamic character development. visually magnificent thoguh!!!! id recommend watching it.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2007, 05:17:47 AM »

shit is based off a fuckin comic book lol...even though thats somewhat based on a true events

I have the comic book and the movie DOES not have the same feeling you get with the book. You can tell there was a lot of new scenes....i guess they needed to make the movie longer...when they shouldd'nt of and stuck with the damn comic book

in the the book the Spartans were more badass and heartless...in the movie they were kind of made to seem more human than some fighting machines...also the King was too much of a pussy with too much feelings.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 05:20:45 AM by eS El Duque »
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2007, 05:55:05 AM »
I wanna see this shit

kemizt

The Kryptonian

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2007, 07:58:47 AM »
I saw it on Saturday morning.

It was and is a Man's movie. In the way that its about Honor and few standing against many,no matter what the odds are. Standing up and being counted.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2007, 11:42:16 AM »

shit is based off a fuckin comic book lol...even though thats somewhat based on a true events

I have the comic book and the movie DOES not have the same feeling you get with the book. You can tell there was a lot of new scenes....i guess they needed to make the movie longer...when they shouldd'nt of and stuck with the damn comic book

in the the book the Spartans were more badass and heartless...in the movie they were kind of made to seem more human than some fighting machines...also the King was too much of a pussy with too much feelings.

The movie had more political motivation. For example, the scene with the queen speaking in front of the counsel.... they might as well have played "yvan eht nioj" in the background. That's in addition to the difference in portrayal of the two sides... which was very inaccurate... but then again, it IS based off a comic.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2007, 12:00:07 PM »