Author Topic: 300  (Read 2016 times)

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
Re: Just got back from the midnight showing of 300!
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2007, 12:09:09 PM »
Went to see it friday night , really enjoyed it,highly recommended,excellent effects and awesome battle scenes, the plot was pretty weak  but it was still a really good movie

how can you say the plot was weak?

first of all...its a true story. its a little historically inaccurate...but 300 spartans fighting for their freedom against millions of persians...thats a damn good plot...even if it wasn't true

shit is based off a fuckin comic book lol...even though thats somewhat based on a true events

I have the comic book and the movie DOES not have the same feeling you get with the book. You can tell there was a lot of new scenes....i guess they needed to make the movie longer...when they shouldd'nt of and stuck with the damn comic book

in the the book the Spartans were more badass and heartless...in the movie they were kind of made to seem more human than some fighting machines...also the King was too much of a pussy with too much feelings.

lollll,. how you gone call this perfect killing machine a pussy because he loves his city and rep it to the fullest? In my book, that's gangsta, not pussy, gtfo

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2007, 05:24:05 PM »
Went to see it friday night , really enjoyed it,highly recommended,excellent effects and awesome battle scenes, the plot was pretty weak  but it was still a really good movie

how can you say the plot was weak?

first of all...its a true story. its a little historically inaccurate...but 300 spartans fighting for their freedom against millions of persians...thats a damn good plot...even if it wasn't true

shit is based off a fuckin comic book lol...even though thats somewhat based on a true events

I have the comic book and the movie DOES not have the same feeling you get with the book. You can tell there was a lot of new scenes....i guess they needed to make the movie longer...when they shouldd'nt of and stuck with the damn comic book

in the the book the Spartans were more badass and heartless...in the movie they were kind of made to seem more human than some fighting machines...also the King was too much of a pussy with too much feelings.

lollll,. how you gone call this perfect killing machine a pussy because he loves his city and rep it to the fullest? In my book, that's gangsta, not pussy, gtfo

read the book...and hes more of a gangster there

The movie had more political motivation. For example, the scene with the queen speaking in front of the counsel.... they might as well have played "yvan eht nioj" in the background. That's in addition to the difference in portrayal of the two sides... which was very inaccurate... but then again, it IS based off a comic.

yea...kind of sucked how they added all that woman bullshit which was never in the book
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

dredayeverydayy

• 'G'
Re: 300
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2007, 05:51:39 PM »
my eyes hurt for a while after watching this movie

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2007, 07:12:59 PM »
i don't read fiction

Luke

• 'G'
  • Roll To Every Station Wreck The DJ
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2007, 11:50:20 AM »
you know what i like about movies....NO READING

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2007, 12:09:39 PM »
read the book... and hes more of a gangster there

i don't read fiction

you know what i like about movies....NO READING

my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2007, 02:12:26 PM »
No complaints. Good movie, awsome visiuals and i thought the plot was good. I mean how much of a plot could there be with this type of story anyways u know.

ON a side note i thought the persian god was gay. Who played him Prince?

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2007, 03:09:59 PM »
No complaints. Good movie, awsome visiuals and i thought the plot was good. I mean how much of a plot could there be with this type of story anyways u know.

yeah you're right but mothafuckaz always want a fucking oscar type complicated plot with inspired actors play and deep histories and shit they never happy after that cuz they say 6 hours is too long for the movies, then when it's intense simple and short they still not happy

Luke

• 'G'
  • Roll To Every Station Wreck The DJ
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2007, 04:13:07 PM »

this guy played him:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0763928/

they did a damn good job making him look nothing like he normally does

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2007, 01:18:26 PM »

yeah you're right but mothafuckaz always want a fucking oscar type complicated plot with inspired actors play and deep histories and shit they never happy after that cuz they say 6 hours is too long for the movies, then when it's intense simple and short they still not happy

Lol. Yeah.  I bet these actors don't know what those movies are about as they read their fuckin' scripts.  Fuck the actors.  ;D
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2007, 12:50:21 PM »
i finally saw the movie and i must say it was fucking tight.There were no big name actors but they all played their roles well.The Special Effects were fucking sick and the blood shed in the movie was cool too.I would recomend this movie to anyone that really likes action movie cause there is a shit load of it.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2007, 04:22:40 AM »
just saw the movie... it was ok.. nothing specieal about it

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2007, 05:43:36 PM »
Saw this at the London IMAX earlier today, the size of the screen obviously helped, but I was so drawn into the film as if I was a part of it. Story wise its pretty standard underdog battling for honour against the bigger conquerers, but visually and stylistically the film really is a treat, treating the Frank Miller novel in a similar way to Sim City but whilst also managing to keep it's own identity.

Some of the decapitations are awesome too, just look so realistic (not that I've ever seen one in real life!). Some great imagery throughout, especially one scene which has loads of incredibly attractive half naked women girating, intersperced with images of some deformed hunchback walking through the room. That and the harpsicord playing donkey head were the visual highlights for me.

Definitely a film that is worth seeing, just don't expect the plot to blow you away, although the visuals certainly will.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2007, 10:43:38 AM »
tight ass film... really good special effects but nothing really amazing...

saving private ryan is still the best movie in my eyes... perfect blend of action, direction, special effects, and plot

da pink panther

• 'G'
  • capo status
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2007, 07:25:55 PM »
theres dis persian kid in my class n every1 b clownin dat nigga now sayin his race is a buncha ugly monsters n gay ppl