Author Topic: 300  (Read 2014 times)

Chief

Re: 300
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2007, 10:20:42 AM »
saw the film and thought it was great  8)

AndrE16686

« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2007, 07:58:22 AM »
just saw this, everything was great, the gore, action, visuals, except it was propaganda, the whole white power/send more troops to Iraq/be afraqid of AlQaed subliminal politics behind the plot.

The propaganda is what makes it so great. That's what made all those Reagan era films so great. If Stallone, Arnie, Norris, and Seagal weren't using their mindless action flicks to bash left wing liberal nuts then those films wouldn't be half as funny. Anyone that doesn't see the propaganda in this film would vote to send more troops anyway, but anyone that does see the propaganda gets a whole new element of the film to find enjoyable. With out propaganda this is just a shallow film with great effects. The propaganda gives it depth.

The best/tha realest war films are anti-war films, no self-respecting war film glorifies war/portrays a love of war.

An army exists to defend or attack, or keep security,etc and the reason for these reasons is peace, therefore an army exists for peace, not war itself.

But I seen it twice, the second time was better cus once you ignore the politics and switch off tha mind, its a great movie.

Chief

« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2007, 09:02:50 AM »
well i seen it twice, and i'm gonna see it again.. it's such a good blazin flick.
just saw this, everything was great, the gore, action, visuals, except it was propaganda, the whole white power/send more troops to Iraq/be afraqid of AlQaed subliminal politics behind the plot.

The propaganda is what makes it so great. That's what made all those Reagan era films so great. If Stallone, Arnie, Norris, and Seagal weren't using their mindless action flicks to bash left wing liberal nuts then those films wouldn't be half as funny. Anyone that doesn't see the propaganda in this film would vote to send more troops anyway, but anyone that does see the propaganda gets a whole new element of the film to find enjoyable. With out propaganda this is just a shallow film with great effects. The propaganda gives it depth.

Why, wasn't the message of the film that few will be remembered and that their deaths are honorable and better than them living on a regular life? So why sending more troops, to spoil that joy? :D

This film was really homoerotic.

Most of those sixpacks where probably made out of plastic n cgi n shit.

apparently not, i heard they had undergone rigorous training...

them spartans are the cockiest bastards alive, no doubt.

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2007, 08:43:29 PM »
cool movie, very interesting. They could have a sequel type thing showing the boys life on the island as they grow up

rik

« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2007, 08:50:33 PM »
well i seen it twice, and i'm gonna see it again.. it's such a good blazin flick.

Why, wasn't the message of the film that few will be remembered and that their deaths are honorable and better than them living on a regular life? So why sending more troops, to spoil that joy? :D

Well they're not alive.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2007, 07:10:09 AM »

The best/tha realest war films are anti-war films, no self-respecting war film glorifies war/portrays a love of war.

An army exists to defend or attack, or keep security,etc and the reason for these reasons is peace, therefore an army exists for peace, not war itself.

But I seen it twice, the second time was better cus once you ignore the politics and switch off tha mind, its a great movie.

I don't think anyone is saying that 300 is going down in history as one of the great war films. As for your theory about anti-war films being the best; Patton was a phenomenall film, no battle field scenes, but a very pro-war film, and very great film.

Chief

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2007, 08:34:18 AM »

Well they're not alive.

::) that lived.  :P

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2007, 04:48:56 AM »
All i can say is:

GREAT MOVIE

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2007, 02:23:24 PM »
8.5/10

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!