Author Topic: The Official NHL Thread  (Read 71884 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: The official NHL Thread
« Reply #180 on: June 06, 2007, 05:41:30 AM »
just curious, how come some of you guys want these suspensions?

I think the Stanley Cup Finals should be the refs putting away the damn whistles

if the best player on the team I didn't like threw an elbow (which happens every hockey game) I wouldn't want him gone, it would unbalance the series and it makes it too political like, just play the damn game, this is supposed to be a tough guy sport here

Bro..the NHL needs suspensions...otherwise we're just a barbarian league that americans think are dumb and stupid.

We need to A) Ban Head Shots all together...Automatic Suspensions.....thats the only way people are gonna stop getting hurt...cause one day..those head hits are gonna kill someone on the ice...then the so called "Pussy Suspensions" arn't gonna look so pussy.

Long Time Hockey fan here
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #181 on: June 06, 2007, 08:04:59 PM »
Congats to the Ducks, they were the better team

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #182 on: June 06, 2007, 08:14:49 PM »
just curious, how come some of you guys want these suspensions?

I think the Stanley Cup Finals should be the refs putting away the damn whistles

if the best player on the team I didn't like threw an elbow (which happens every hockey game) I wouldn't want him gone, it would unbalance the series and it makes it too political like, just play the damn game, this is supposed to be a tough guy sport here

Bro..the NHL needs suspensions...otherwise we're just a barbarian league that americans think are dumb and stupid.

We need to A) Ban Head Shots all together...Automatic Suspensions.....thats the only way people are gonna stop getting hurt...cause one day..those head hits are gonna kill someone on the ice...then the so called "Pussy Suspensions" arn't gonna look so pussy.

Long Time Hockey fan here

Hockey is less barbarian than boxing and i like boxing, I dont care what they think, what would be a hockey game without fights and brawls? These guys are tough and they're paid millions, they can take a lot. Now I heard they want to expend the nhl to kansas city and las vegas, I hope these 2 teams will flop and betman will go away he's such a dumb fuck for selling a sport that is nationnaly loved here to people who dont give a fuck and wont play the games on chanels that give it more attention than bowling. I'm not worried about hockey but i'm worried about the league i think it will go down the drain in a few years if they dont realise that they need to give traditional hockey citys a better show, like chicago. Shit use to be big there back then, and i think hockey is losing its popularity in boston 2. Give winnipeg halifax and quebec a team and forget about kansas city

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2007, 08:16:30 PM »
btw congrats to the ducks they're a great team but it's just like surinam won the cup to me, i could care less.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #184 on: June 07, 2007, 09:42:12 AM »
Congats to the Ducks, they were the better team

If they keep Giguere, this team can win 2 or 3 cups in a row. Remember they also had the second pick after Sidney CRosby they picked up Bobby RYan a very good defensmen.

WestCoasta

« Reply #185 on: June 07, 2007, 01:10:44 PM »
they need to sign Giguere again (he's a free agent) but they don't know if they can afford him cuz he'll get top pay

they have to give Moen and Pahlsson and probably others raises and they owe Niedermayer and Pronger $6 mil

I would be dissappointed if he leaves but Bryzgalov is the best backup goalie in the league so I would still figure they have a legitimate shot at repeating

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #186 on: June 16, 2007, 07:22:50 AM »
they need to sign Giguere again (he's a free agent) but they don't know if they can afford him cuz he'll get top pay

they have to give Moen and Pahlsson and probably others raises and they owe Niedermayer and Pronger $6 mil

I would be dissappointed if he leaves but Bryzgalov is the best backup goalie in the league so I would still figure they have a legitimate shot at repeating

i dont know bout best back up, toskala in sj is pretty damn good. Mason in Nahsville, Mike Smith in Dallas, Halak in Montreal are all close enog

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2007, 12:55:03 PM »
Damn we wont see Daniel Briere in MTL he isgned in Philly a  8year deal!!!! the first yera paying him 10 wow!! thats nuts.
Well i guess its ok this year will finish last get the first round draft pick and hopefully sign Lecavalier when he becomes free agent.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #188 on: July 01, 2007, 02:45:27 PM »
besides goalie when was the last time the habs signed a great player?

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #189 on: July 01, 2007, 05:34:33 PM »
Phily is looking scary

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #190 on: July 02, 2007, 03:32:52 AM »
Minnesota Wld traded Manny Fernandez to the Boston Bruins for Petr Klaus and a 2009 4th round pick. Considering Manny is one of the three original Wild players, it'll be interesting to see where they end up. Klaus seems like a pretty good pick up to go against the reigning champs with his size and power, but trading Fernandez almost seems like a mistake taking into account his .914 save percentage. The Bruins might ended up to be a force to be recokoned with coming playoff time.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #191 on: July 02, 2007, 07:37:55 AM »
no they wont im pretty sure.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #192 on: July 02, 2007, 10:26:46 AM »
damn, a lotta big moves made yesterday

Colorado signed Ryan Smyth to a 5-yr / $31.25 mill deal.

Kairya signed with the Blues to a 3-yr contract.

Schneider signed with the Ducks, a 2-yr / $11.25 mill deal.

Rafalski to the Red Wings, 5-yr / $30 mill contract.

Leafs signed Blake to a 5-yr / $20 mill contract (which im really happy about).

Briere signing with Philly, 8-yr / $52 million.

and the Rangers got two big FAs; Briere for 5-yr / $35.25 mill and Gomez for 7-yr / $51.5 mill.

Nylander is still available, Oilers are reportedly going to sign him though.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Lunatic

« Reply #193 on: July 02, 2007, 10:53:26 AM »
As an oiler fan i'm glad to get nylander...he was awesome last season

pissed to see that we didn't try and bring smith back

wondering what the fuck we were thinking with the smith/lupul for pitkanen/sanderson trade

angry we still haven't signed a decent D-man

:-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #194 on: July 02, 2007, 11:48:07 AM »
Yeah what the hell LUpul is only 23 i cant believ they gave up on him.
I dont htink Edmonton will be making the playoffs next year again. They play in a realy tuff divsion