Author Topic: Sup with Nate Dogg these days ???  (Read 1121 times)

Digital Pimpin'

Re: Sup with Nate Dogg these days ???
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2007, 04:14:05 AM »
His new track sounds pure R&B - I wanna hear that in CDQ.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2007, 05:02:28 AM »
im not doubting that he made a lot of classics, there are a lot of good songs that hes done. but if you observe from a talent perspective, hes not that great of a vocalist/singer. he doesnt have that much vocal range, his subject and theme of songs are so limited. He only sings on like rap/hip hop type of songs.

He'd never be able to pull off some smooth R&B stuff, that actually sounds mature or grown.

Since when is R&B grown or mature? You thzink R. Kelly, Akon, Beyoncé or Rihanna is some kind of mature? It's kiddy-style. I rather listen to a real gangsta singer than those poppy "love-song bitches". Nate never the greatest lyricist but I don't even expect him to be that, I just want Nate to spit some Gangsta Ass Westcoast sound...
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2007, 05:20:51 AM »

XaNdEr

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2007, 07:02:25 AM »
im not doubting that he made a lot of classics, there are a lot of good songs that hes done. but if you observe from a talent perspective, hes not that great of a vocalist/singer. he doesnt have that much vocal range, his subject and theme of songs are so limited. He only sings on like rap/hip hop type of songs.

He'd never be able to pull off some smooth R&B stuff, that actually sounds mature or grown.

Since when is R&B grown or mature? You thzink R. Kelly, Akon, Beyoncé or Rihanna is some kind of mature? It's kiddy-style. I rather listen to a real gangsta singer than those poppy "love-song bitches". Nate never the greatest lyricist but I don't even expect him to be that, I just want Nate to spit some Gangsta Ass Westcoast sound...

hell yeah, most of these r&b cats are straight up fags on the mic, talkin bout how they love this and that, bah, nate got a unique style, a unique voice and he made classic like it was nothing, nobody can say that, and r&b def aint mature, its as mature as hiphop and rock and pop and w/e is, its about the subjects of the song

We Fly High

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2007, 10:45:15 AM »

ok forget the R&B you know. take a listen to someone like Raheem DeVaughn, D'Angelo, Erykah Badu, alicia keys, Jaguar Wright, Sleepy Brown, theres tons of R&B folks out there besides the very limited artists that you know "R. Kelly, Akon, Beyonce, or Rihanna"

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2007, 11:19:16 AM »
You're confusing versatility with how many styles someone has. nate only has one style which is what you are saying and that is true. But Nate is very versatile, he can fit on any kind of rap song damn near from backpack hip hop with pharoahe monche to g funk with the favorites, to pop shit with the pop people, to mature well produced r and b like on G funk classics.

too much and crazy are both really great.

that song that dre produced 'leave it alone' is gonna be banging in CVQ and it's a very mature r and b record, this the one you're speakin' on digital pimpin'?

Too much is my fave track on DA as well.

we fly high-I know what you mean in your criticisms, such criticisms are what led me to get into so much classic rock, modern rock and blues in the last 4 years. I needed different types of singing and I feel i've been exposed to alot of great voices now but it doesn't change the bumpability of g funk classics which I listened to almost the whole thing of yesterday purely by coincidence. +1

peace-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2007, 11:25:52 AM »
Kids Needs to go check the Vault!! real R&B isnt Rihanna, Chris Brown and shit like that ..they make Pop Music, Nate Dogg Could have Been on the same level as Charlie Wilson, Luther Vandross, Barry White or Gerald Levert or people like D,angelo & Bilal, but he's too busy doing gangsta hooks , his first album was great, but after that, he wasnt able to put sumthin that we could listen to 15 years later. Not to say that I dont like his hooks or whatever, but i feel like he could do better songs, maybe its because im getting older

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2007, 11:30:57 AM »
Kids Needs to go check the Vault!! real R&B isnt Rihanna, Chris Brown and shit like that ..they make Pop Music, Nate Dogg Could have Been on the same level as Charlie Wilson, Luther Vandross, Barry White or Gerald Levert or people like D,angelo & Bilal, but he's too busy doing gangsta hooks , his first album was great, but after that, he wasnt able to put sumthin that we could listen to 15 years later. Not to say that I dont like his hooks or whatever, but i feel like he could do better songs, maybe its because im getting older

there are some really great r and b cuts on g funk classics, so i mean..he has done some of those better songs, But yeah I haven't even heard his whole albums since g funk classics. he has music and me, is there another?
-T

westcoastavengers.com

Mygla

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2007, 01:45:18 PM »

IMO he did that on G Funk Classics Vol 1... esp on songs like Crazy/Dangerous, Scared Of Love & Where Are You Going...

one of the finest albums i own... probably listen to it weekly.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2007, 02:46:21 PM »

IMO he did that on G Funk Classics Vol 1... esp on songs like Crazy/Dangerous, Scared Of Love & Where Are You Going...

one of the finest albums i own... probably listen to it weekly.

also because I got a girl and my world.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2007, 05:56:33 PM »
Its his style... do people ask Ludacris to be more serious/mature? Music is about having fun and doing what you do and if that's what he loves (that's what I love, I dont need to express my maturity via music), well that's what he's gonna do. If everybody  had the same style, music would be boring. I have no problem if people don't like Nate Dogg because of his subject matter, but I do, i'm not gonna ask D'Angelo to make a hook like "It Aint no fun" ,its not his style and I respect that. If Nate Dogg was like the other Rnb cats, what would be special about him? Music needs diversity and all the tastes are good tastes, getting your dick sucked IS mature... no need to make sweet music to be mature.

Being mature is being able to respect an opinion that's not yours and accept that your opinion is not a fact

Invincible

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2007, 06:27:24 PM »
there are some really great r and b cuts on g funk classics, so i mean..he has done some of those better songs, But yeah I haven't even heard his whole albums since g funk classics. he has music and me, is there another?
-T
[/quote]

Yer his self titled album that got released as a download only.

Desert Lord

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2007, 07:36:37 PM »
Nate always been able to make good music...and he have done some smooth r&b nowadays at warren g's "the midnighthour"...
you can't compare nate with d'angelo or bilal or cats like that...they all three are good singers and musicans but nate dogg do it in another way that's all.. he's not lesser talented than them he just do other type of music.
I'm happy that not all music sound the same, you know...it would be boring if every singer would sound the same

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2007, 08:00:03 PM »
could someone please hook up the radio rip of that nate dogg song produced by dre havent heard it yet

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2007, 08:39:51 PM »
Nate always been able to make good music...and he have done some smooth r&b nowadays at warren g's "the midnighthour"...
you can't compare nate with d'angelo or bilal or cats like that...they all three are good singers and musicans but nate dogg do it in another way that's all.. he's not lesser talented than them he just do other type of music.
I'm happy that not all music sound the same, you know...it would be boring if every singer would sound the same

I agree 100% with what you said