Author Topic: Will the Celtics ever win another game?  (Read 424 times)

WC Iz Active

Will the Celtics ever win another game?
« on: February 06, 2007, 11:00:15 PM »
My god they suck.  I know they have injurys all over the place but how do you lose 15 in a row?!?!  They are 2-21 w/out Pierce this year

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Will the Celtics ever win another game?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 10:40:37 AM »
I thought it was already obvious that they were tanking the season for Greg Oden or Kevin Durant...?

WC Iz Active

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 12:50:05 PM »
I thought it was already obvious that they were tanking the season for Greg Oden or Kevin Durant...?

yeah but no team actually loses on purpose

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 01:02:33 PM »

Yea, they're not trying to lose on purpose, but Doc Rivers' rotation is amongst the youngest in the NBA, and Pierce has been taking his time healing from his injury (it wasn't even supposed to be half as long to begin with). do you think they really care about this season? I'm sure they're not playing to lose, but the coach isn't trying to win anything out there...If they win, great. if they lose, fine, we're learning and growing for next year...Celtics are tanking the season for a top pick. It's too obvious...PeACe

WC Iz Active

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 01:03:38 PM »

Yea, they're not trying to lose on purpose, but Doc Rivers' rotation is amongst the youngest in the NBA, and Pierce has been taking his time healing from his injury (it wasn't even supposed to be half as long to begin with). do you think they really care about this season? I'm sure they're not playing to lose, but the coach isn't trying to win anything out there...If they win, great. if they lose, fine, we're learning and growing for next year...Celtics are tanking the season for a top pick. It's too obvious...PeACe

I completely agree, but 15 losses in a row is obsurd regardless of what is going on.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 01:06:58 PM »

I completely agree, but 15 losses in a row is obsurd regardless of what is going on.

You KNOW their front-office is happy about that though...LOL

Great job, Danny Ainge!

On a serious note, the Celtics can turn out to be the surprise team of the east next season...They're loaded with young talent, so don't sleep...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 01:16:14 PM »
It's kinda mean if you think about it - teams like the Bobcats who are actually horrible could end up with more wins and a worse pick ...
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 01:18:15 PM »
what would be funny is if they don't get a top 5 pick, lol remember when they were SUPOSE to get duncan,lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 01:23:34 PM »
They are awful.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 01:31:53 PM »
It's kinda mean if you think about it - teams like the Bobcats who are actually horrible could end up with more wins and a worse pick ...

Bobcats aren't horrible...They're not playoff contenders or anything, but they're better than their record shows. Come to think of it, there are less terrible teams this year than any recent year I can remember. Grizzlies and Celtics are the two main ones that stick out, but even they had some success in their recent history...The bottom half of NBA teams are getting a lot stronger.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 01:38:29 PM »
Oh, yea, Philadelphia too...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 01:49:47 PM »
When does Paul Pierce get back anyway? I don't ever remember him missing this many games.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 02:01:34 PM »
When does Paul Pierce get back anyway? I don't ever remember him missing this many games.

He was supposed to be back already, but now they're claiming that he has to wait until after all-star break and not rush back...

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 02:28:11 PM »
damn they are horrible, I think Pierce will take his time coming back

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 02:38:22 PM »
damn they are horrible, I think Pierce will take his time coming back

He might as well.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"