Author Topic: Game re-releasing DA in a couple of months  (Read 1602 times)

d-nice

Re: Game re-releasing DA in a couple of months
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2007, 10:36:50 AM »
then what's the 750,000 or whatever? Surely they can't keep track of how many actual units get sold. I thought 750,000 was the shipping number.

-T

Retailers report in their sales every week. The label ships out so many copies and they go from there. He has actually sold around 830,000 so if 750,000 was the shipping amount they are already on another shipment.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2007, 10:37:41 AM »
750 was last i checked. that's tight.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

d-nice

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2007, 10:45:17 AM »
750 was last i checked. that's tight.

-T

Yeah the numbers are a little bit misleading because some artists and labels use their items shipped as their items sold. I used to work for Wherehouse Music and we would have reps all the time calling in to see how many units shipped and sold.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2007, 10:46:41 AM »

1.  Nither of Games albums are any where near to be considerd "classic."

I said "banging if not classics" as if to say 'even though they are not classics, they are banging' i wasn't saying they're classic. But for the record they do have one aspect that a classic requires: replay value. Both his records have alot of replay value.

Game hit a pot hole and ate it after takin the "Dre training" wheels off.

no bullshiet.  Game is still too mature to make a whole fucken record by himslef...i support him in his music and shit, but i know because of his fucken ego, he puts limitations on his performance/ track makings.  he is not reaching his full potential.

I feel quite the opposite, I don't think he has that much natural talent but he knows about practicing, studying and really buckling down to make a good record. he's not the most dextrous or skilled MC by a long shot but he knows how to put a good sounding record together(both albums are banging if not classics, that's with and without dre) and that's all I'm saying, cause yeah I agree there are other doper rappers especially from old school west coast shit.

-T

2.  Dre and 50 had so much influence in his first record.  We are seeing know what is going on without thier help(hype).

what do you mean? Him not going platinum yet? Cause as far as DA goes, most people agree it's at least as good as Doc.

no bullshiet.  Game is still too mature to make a whole fucken record by himslef...i support him in his music and shit, but i know because of his fucken ego, he puts limitations on his performance/ track makings.  he is not reaching his full potential.

I feel quite the opposite, I don't think he has that much natural talent but he knows about practicing, studying and really buckling down to make a good record. he's not the most dextrous or skilled MC by a long shot but he knows how to put a good sounding record together(both albums are banging if not classics, that's with and without dre) and that's all I'm saying, cause yeah I agree there are other doper rappers especially from old school west coast shit.

-T

3.  Game is on some Donald Trump ego trip for thinkin this album would sell better than his last.  he had nobody of higher respect to say do this do that.  he made his own decisions.  and do you think after ONE fucken record he is really mature enough to make a whole cd on his own?  and that one Fucken record was basically put together by Dre and 50.  thats like Tiger Woods trynna go pro after his first junior tounament.  you have to put in more work, and GET HELP from others before you try to carry the whole fucken load on your own.

DA is banging, if you can make a banging record and hold it together yourself why not?

-T

you said "both albums are bangin, if not classics."  this means that even if they are not classics, they are quite near in quality.  and i said "nither are no where near being classic."  dont try to switch your words man.   :nawty: 

if DA is good but not selling, he should just put out fucken mixtapes.  the reason for being promoted on a major label is to produce numbers, not just make "good music."  thats what i mean when he doesnt know how to make an album.  it has to appeal to more of a conservative audience, and not just his fans who follow his mixtapes.  thats what Dre and 50 accomplished, makin it a COMPLETE album.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2007, 10:50:51 AM »

I said "banging if not classics" as if to say 'even though they are not classics, they are banging' i wasn't saying they're classic. But for the record they do have one aspect that a classic requires: replay value. Both his records have alot of replay value.

-T

2.  Dre and 50 had so much influence in his first record.  We are seeing know what is going on without thier help(hype).

what do you mean? Him not going platinum yet? Cause as far as DA goes, most people agree it's at least as good as Doc.

-T

3.  Game is on some Donald Trump ego trip for thinkin this album would sell better than his last.  he had nobody of higher respect to say do this do that.  he made his own decisions.  and do you think after ONE fucken record he is really mature enough to make a whole cd on his own?  and that one Fucken record was basically put together by Dre and 50.  thats like Tiger Woods trynna go pro after his first junior tounament.  you have to put in more work, and GET HELP from others before you try to carry the whole fucken load on your own.

DA is banging, if you can make a banging record and hold it together yourself why not?

-T

you said "both albums are bangin, if not classics."  this means that even if they are not classics, they are quite near in quality.  and i said "nither are no where near being classic."  dont try to switch your words man.   :nawty: 

if DA is good but not selling, he should just put out fucken mixtapes.  the reason for being promoted on a major label is to produce numbers, not just make "good music."  thats what i mean when he doesnt know how to make an album.  it has to appeal to more of a conservative audience, and not just his fans who follow his mixtapes.  thats what Dre and 50 accomplished, makin it a COMPLETE album.

that shit is selling. alot of rappers would like to go damn near platinum/know they'll be platinum by the end of their third singles run. what else can you for a record to do but go platinum after 3 singles?
-T

westcoastavengers.com

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2007, 10:56:44 AM »

-T

-T

-T

that shit is selling. alot of rappers would like to go damn near platinum/know they'll be platinum by the end of their third singles run. what else can you for a record to do but go platinum after 3 singles?
-T

so you really think Game met his expectations?  and do you not think if he did have some kinda influnce from somebody who has actually put a record on thier own, he would have not prdoced a product more versitile and diverse enough to attract another audince different from Game's usually fane base?

im tired of arguin with yo ass man, i gots to go to class.   :P

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2007, 10:58:30 AM »

-T

-T

-T

-T

so you really think Game made his expectations?  and do you not think if he did have some kinda influnce from somebody who has actually put a record on thier own, he would have not prdoced a product more versitile and diverse enough to attract another audince different from Game's usually fane base?

im tired of arguin with yo ass man, i gots to go to class.   :P

perhaps not his own expectations...sure he could have made a different record with different people that did different things, no argument there.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2007, 11:47:17 AM »
Meet his expectations? I don't think any rapper really meets their expectations. Jay-Z probably had higher expectations for his album after pouring 20 million into marketing.

Like i said in my original post... Some people want to credit Game as a former g-unit soldier but expect him to do Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake numbers.. It's just not going to happen.. Game knows that deep down.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2007, 12:32:00 PM »
Game has actually sold 821k Nielsen Soundscan keeps track of sales everytime you buy a CD it is scanned at the cashier and those are reported to Nielsen every week when the numbers come out, the RIAA is the one that certifies platinum and gold according to units shipped to record stores, that's why Jay-z if you look at the Billboard Charts is certified 2x Platinum but has only sold 1.3 million Soundscanned, meaning he has alot of CD's sitting in store racks

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2007, 12:59:57 PM »
^^
Plus, you gotta remember that not all stores participate in Sounscan. Thus Soundscan numbers can never be as high as shipping numbers, 'cause obviously not all records are sold in participating stores. (But even so, it's obvious that there's a bunch of Jigga records sitting on the shelves.)

d-nice

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2007, 01:18:08 PM »
Game Doctor's Advocate 11,569 7 10,763 821,150

That is almost a grand jump in sales since the new single came out. His numbers are not bad at all, it's just he hyped the shit up like it was going to do 50 Cent numbers and it did not so if you take that outlook he flopped. Ain't no one doing 50 numbers on the westcoast except the Black Eyed Peas.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2007, 01:52:21 PM »
when did the black eyed peas go double platinum?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2007, 02:12:17 PM »

-T

you're just full of questions.. They've sold over 3 million copies on their last album. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_Business_%28album%29

Fergie has sold 1.4 million on her recent album and she isn't done releasing singles either.

d-nice

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2007, 02:15:19 PM »

-T

Shit, they at 4 million now.

The Predator

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2007, 05:10:21 PM »
Ain't no one doing 50 numbers on the westcoast except the Black Eyed Peas.

Andre Youngs lp will cane even 50 numbers.