Author Topic: Snoop Dog is the most Known Rapper In the World  (Read 862 times)

Sparegeez

Re: Snoop Dog is the most Known Rapper In the World
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 02:27:47 PM »
nope.  eminem is.

wrong

eminem is white, he stands out.  thus, he is more recognizable.  he also has a more broader audience than snoop throughout the world. 

thats why im right.

I co-sign that. When I was in Italy last spring I had a bunch of euros asking me about Eminem and shit. Asking me who's the better rapper, him or 50.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 02:34:03 PM »
[size=+3]Jay-Z, Tupac Shakur[/size]

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 02:42:51 PM »
nobody will remember eminem after his death
olny his daughter would listen to his music trying to understand her father and mother's problems

What an idiot, Eminem is the best true emcee mentioned in this thread. I think it's time you give that tampon a change. I'm telling you that people will always recognize Eminem, if not based on the white thing, simple beacuse he's sold more records than any of the others.

MediumL

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 02:47:20 PM »
I think both are pretty huge. I remember when Last Meal came out and i was still at junior school and everybody began copying the booyaka thing from Lay Low.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 03:31:22 PM »
LOL everybody over here in Germany knows Snoop Dogg! He was in that movie "Starsky & Hutch" his slogan "nobody touches the bear" is known overall. Eminem is just a fag. In those times he was in with that "Real Slim Shady" shit he was THE rapper. but nowadays nobody gives a shit about eminem. Snoop is everywhere. When it comes to the topic rap-music on MTV overhere, the first name you hear is Snoop Dogg. Even Ice Cube gets mentions here and there.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 03:43:08 PM »
LOL everybody over here in Germany knows Snoop Dogg! He was in that movie "Starsky & Hutch" his slogan "nobody touches the bear" is known overall. Eminem is just a fag. In those times he was in with that "Real Slim Shady" shit he was THE rapper. but nowadays nobody gives a shit about eminem. Snoop is everywhere. When it comes to the topic rap-music on MTV overhere, the first name you hear is Snoop Dogg. Even Ice Cube gets mentions here and there.

U must not have heard the Re-Up, cuz Eminem's verses on that album shitted on damn near everything else released this year. Plus, I bet if you called Em a fag to his face, he probably knock you out cold. Not hating on you, just speaking in general.

driko95400

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 03:44:44 PM »
i live in france and i can say snoop is the most Known Rapper In the World because in france when you say snoop everybody know who he is even my little nephew who is 4 years old know snoop dogg !!!

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 04:03:58 PM »
And he never heard of Eminem?

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 04:05:55 PM »
i think it's pac my moms and pops kno them and my moms don't speak english to well

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 04:09:18 PM »
snoop is the most known rapper.....eminen and tupac are the close contenders....eminem cuz his white and tupac cuz his pac

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2007, 05:43:33 PM »
actually, 'Pac is well known in Africa.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2007, 05:50:10 PM »

i also pick 2pac...did some people in this thread forgot about him or what? lol.

westside159

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2007, 06:12:57 PM »
Eminem ???  Old black people dont know woh the fucc EM is they think its candy , Snoop Dogg is fa sho the most known rapper ever and he didnt get to be known on accident either it took hustle & grind , Snoop is the man when hes on that hard shit !!!!!!! 

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2007, 06:16:09 PM »
sounds like snoop based on the international community response here. Em is certainly well known as well as cube and pac, 50.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2007, 06:19:03 PM »

i also pick 2pac...did some people in this thread forgot about him or what? lol.

I remember a couple of years ago everyone here (denmark) knew tupac.. either because they liked his music or because all the stuff about his death and resurrection.. eminem was up there too.. but nowadays it's like the whole thing about tupac has slowly begun to fade away in the mainstream..

Dunno about snoop being the most known rapper in the world (not been to the states yet, so haven't really got a clue about his impact over there), but over here he ain't the most known.. eminem is definitely the rapper that almost everybody has heard about, one way or the other, and 50 is probably the second one.. snoop does okay over here, but far from everybody knows him (though the "beautiful" and "drop it like it's hot" tracks have helped him with that over here, the recent years)..

Just so I'm clear: we are talking about the most known rapper overall right?? (like in the mainstream and not just in the hiphop circles)..
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 06:21:18 PM by UDollar A.K.A Nino Divine »
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010