Author Topic: Official Spring Training Thread  (Read 564 times)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Official Spring Training Thread
« on: February 23, 2007, 06:15:50 AM »
The workout is almost over and exhibition games are in less than a week. What are your expectations for the year?

The AL central division is gonna be a monster this year. The Tigers back from the World Series last year, the Sox are gearing up to try making up for last year, and the Twins are contending division champs. The Royals suck. It'll be interesting to see Liriano come back for the Twins if they make the playoffs because he should be cleared by early October. Between him and Santana, they'll shut the game down.

MIAMI4LIFE

Re: Official Spring Training Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 06:23:05 AM »
I'm a Met fan but I ain't too confident with their 40 year old pitchng staff, i think they made a big mistake by not signing Zito, I think the Phils and Giants are improved, probably the teams to beat in the National League

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 10:41:20 AM »
I'm a Met fan but I ain't too confident with their 40 year old pitchng staff, i think they made a big mistake by not signing Zito, I think the Phils and Giants are improved, probably the teams to beat in the National League

Finally a NON DODGER fan that has his eyes open. Anyone that thinks the Giants will suck needs to re look at there roster, there lineup is SOLID and so is there starting 5..I dont think ppl realize Matt Cain is gonna dominate and be a top 5 pitcher in Baseball this year if not better..

And Bonds numbers august and September he batted over .350 and hit half of his HR's those last 2 mos..

The Best of 3 Worlds

WC Iz Active

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 11:20:09 AM »
Giants are gona be AWESOME!! FUCK THE LA BUMS AKA LA DODGERS!!

rik

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 12:55:48 PM »
Giants are gona be AWESOME!! FUCK THE LA BUMS AKA LA DODGERS!!

LMAO

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 02:18:08 PM »
Between the Giants and the Dodgers, I'd definately root for the Dodgers, but the Giants have been making some big moves to become pennant contenders. It'll be interesting to see how that team pans out after everything they have been through as of late.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 02:26:26 PM »
did Bonds end up signing with the Giants yet?

i remember reading a few weeks back that the contract he was originally signing wasn't valid according to the MLB officials and when the Giants wrote out a new contract he didn't sign it.

oh and Go Jays :raisetheroof: !!

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

WC Iz Active

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 02:27:20 PM »
^^Yes Bonds is officialy a Giant and GM Brian Sabean says he's in his best shape in years!

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 02:30:39 PM »
i'll make sure to keep him on my fantasy team list lol

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 04:15:04 PM »
Bonds isn't a good fantasy pick.  You want everyday players to be on your team, so you can rack up daily hits, HR, RBI etc

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 04:41:14 PM »
i wouldn't draft him in the earlier rounds

if he was there near the end of the draft i'd probably draft him if i needed a 4th or 5th OF; and if he wasn't performing, well i'd have somebody i could drop and pick somebody else who i wasn't too sure about and would be more useful to me

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 07:39:58 PM »
Bonds isn't a good fantasy pick.  You want everyday players to be on your team, so you can rack up daily hits, HR, RBI etc

i guarantee 30 hrs and 80 rbi's.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 08:16:48 PM »
20-25 HR, 60-70 RBIs

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 06:05:32 AM »
Bonds will beast this year, he's going for the record and the team is contending that's alot of motivation, plus if you look at last year his HR to at bat ratio was still great

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 10:44:52 AM »
Bonds will beast this year, he's going for the record and the team is contending that's alot of motivation, plus if you look at last year his HR to at bat ratio was still great

cosign

The Best of 3 Worlds