Author Topic: The official emulation/rom thread  (Read 375 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The official emulation/rom thread
« on: March 21, 2007, 05:52:24 PM »
Since every once in a while members of this forum ask where they can download emulators/roms & seem to have little knowledge about it I thought I might make this thread to provide everyone here with emulators (best & most popular), roms, info & settings needed to play your favorite old-school games.I'm gonna update this thread daily so any suggestions, requests or questions should be posted in this thread.Remember some settings might not work, everything depends on what kind of computer you have.Hopefully this will get a sticky.First up is probably my favorite console of all time - the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Emulator:
ZSNES:http://www.zsnes.com/index.php?page=files
Settings:
Not much to set here since most games released on the SNES were 2D.
Graphics:1024x768 S Full, 2XSaI filter
http://rapidshare.com/files/22159384/Killer_Instinct__V1.1___U_____.zip.html
Sound:44100Hz
Roms (click on covers to download):

Nintendo 64

Emulator:
Project64:http://www.pj64.net/main/download/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=37
Plugins:http://rapidshare.com/files/22326870/Plugin.rar.html
Settings:
Graphics (using Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 plugin):640x400 16-bit 60Hz, check "Always use texture filter", if you want smoother graphics also check "Super2xSal textures" & "Force alpha blending" but there are gonna be side effects (ex. in Mario Kart 64, you can't see some background objects).
Roms (click on covers to download):

MORE STUFF COMING TOMORROW
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 08:26:10 PM by UKnowWhatItIs »

On The Edge of Insanity

Re: The official emulation/rom thread
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 04:44:55 PM »
Good idea for a thread and thank you for Yoshi's Island, been looking for that for a while to play on the PSP.

Some guys have started to get close to Sega Model 2 (Daytona, Sega Rally, Virtua Cop, etc) emulation through a program called Nebula. Once they iron out the tweaks that will be awesome, especially if they can get some sort of four player net Daytona racing going on.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 04:53:09 PM »
^No problem homie.Those Sega games rock, especially Daytona USA.Like you said, that's just gonna be awesome.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 04:12:22 PM »
Good idea for a thread and thank you for Yoshi's Island, been looking for that for a while to play on the PSP.

Some guys have started to get close to Sega Model 2 (Daytona, Sega Rally, Virtua Cop, etc) emulation through a program called Nebula. Once they iron out the tweaks that will be awesome, especially if they can get some sort of four player net Daytona racing going on.

Does that also include the Star Wars Trilogy arcade game from 1998?

~Loyalty Is Everything~

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 10:34:53 PM »
^^ that civil war sig is hilarious

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 10:07:26 AM »

That was a Model 3 Step 2.1 game. I don't think they have reached the point where they are able to emulate that system.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 04:30:13 PM »

That was a Model 3 Step 2.1 game. I don't think they have reached the point where they are able to emulate that system.

Damn too bad, I'd love to have that one...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 04:12:58 AM »
awesome thread UKnow. i just recently got into n64 emulation after being a heavy zsnes fan. i loaded up turok in project 64 and omg....i have never had so much fun playin 64 in my life. it looks sooooo crisp and clean on my 20" samsung. like never before. im addicted  ;D

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 11:41:18 AM »
props for the thread! snes was the shit back then,so many memories!!! mario rpg is a fucking classic!!!
now we need a DREAMCAST emulator,i want STREET FIGHTER 3 THIRD STRIKE so bad lol  8)

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 07:51:10 PM »
Great thread, made me download a snes emu with like 500+ games. I´m playing Super Mario World right now ( I never had that for my SNES - can you believe that?) Maybe some of us can hook up and play a snes game over the net, some of those emus got a built in multiplayer feature so that you can play multiplayer games over the net. Never tried it but if it works that would kick ass. Dubcc bomberman/SF tournament ;)

Props for all the rom lovers in here :D

Al Bundy

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 12:29:52 AM »
An addition to the emulation list would be nullDC. you can play DC games on PC with ease  8)

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 02:32:21 AM »
^

That would be the shit. You´re sure that there are working DC emulators?

Al Bundy

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 02:23:44 PM »
^

That would be the shit. You´re sure that there are working DC emulators?

I justed named the emulator. It's not perfect yet but it works alot better than Chankast.

Oh yeah, MAME emulators kick major fucking ass. I love playing old games on my modded Xbox but what will really take the cake would be MAME on 360 :)

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 03:48:28 PM »
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/

A very useful site for emulation on consoles, latest news and emulator program downloads. Especially good for PSP stuff.

Al Bundy

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 05:51:08 PM »
If anyone wants, I can upload my Mame emulator with every Metal Slug game. Let me know.