Author Topic: Rakim Possible move to G-Unit  (Read 713 times)

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Rakim Possible move to G-Unit
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2007, 07:21:16 PM »
Lloyd Banks feat. Rakim - You Know The Deal (off of Rotten Apple)

so youre sure its not going to happen...?

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2007, 02:16:39 AM »
This doesn't make sense. If he couldn't work with Dre, how is he going to work with 50?

exactly why Ra won't sign with gunit

-T

But Rakim won't be working under Dre for the most part if he signs to G-Unit - it'll probably with the likes of Sha Money XL and Storch so he'll have more "artistic freedom".

If Ra makes some dope music under G-Unit, then I ain't complaining as long as he doesn't say "G-G-G-G-G-Unit!!"

Elevz

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2007, 05:21:39 AM »
Now that I've come to think of it... Didn't Rakim leave Aftermath because it was distributed through Interscope, and Jimmy Iovine was forcing him to put out pop joints?

...G-Unit is also part of Interscope...

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2007, 05:26:48 AM »
Now that I've come to think of it... Didn't Rakim leave Aftermath because it was distributed through Interscope, and Jimmy Iovine was forcing him to put out pop joints?

Shit yeah, that's a good point. Maybe because he was under Aftermath alone, Iovine had more say over the output.

Iovine might not give so much of a fuck about the G-Unit sub-label; after all if he did, that shitty Mobb Deep album would never have come out.

Elevz

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2007, 05:33:45 AM »
^^ Mobb Deep have had some great commercial success with 50's Outta Control remix, remember that.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2007, 05:44:41 AM »
^^ Mobb Deep have had some great commercial success with 50's Outta Control remix, remember that.

I know, great track that was. Best track on Blood Money too, which says it all; a remix of a 50 track shits on the rest of your album?

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2007, 09:36:36 AM »

I know, great track that was. Best track on Blood Money too, which says it all; a remix of a 50 track shits on the rest of your album?

shouldnt come as a surprise, lol

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2007, 09:50:11 AM »

Shit yeah, that's a good point. Maybe because he was under Aftermath alone, Iovine had more say over the output.

Iovine might not give so much of a fuck about the G-Unit sub-label; after all if he did, that shitty Mobb Deep album would never have come out.

exactly, Ra did NOT leave because of Dre. Dre and him worked together just fine (you heard 'after you die' fuckin fire),Iovine even liked the album, he just wanted dre to get his r and b chicks, 50, and Nate dogg and cats like that to do hooks for the record.
 but yeah it was iovine, not dre that drove ra away. And that's why it'd be pointless for him to go to G unit

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2007, 09:53:52 AM »
this is going to be fun to watch.  you know if the shit doesnt work out the way 50 wants it to, somebody about to get dissed. 

:laugh:

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2007, 09:55:14 AM »
this is going to be fun to watch.  you know if the shit doesnt work out the way 50 wants it to, somebody about to get dissed. 

:laugh:

LMAO +1

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2007, 02:35:18 AM »
Great news. Can't wait Rakim rapping about bitches shaking their asses in the club.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2007, 05:36:00 AM »
Yeah great I'm dying to hear Rakim rap 3 verses while 50 sings a hook about being ready to pop off in the club cuz his heart turned cold  >:(

Haha, nice one. ;D +1

Don't see this happening though. Rakim on G-Unit would be totally FUBAR.

XaNdEr

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2007, 06:07:46 AM »
Remember when Kokane was supposedly signing to G-Unit?  Remember when Daz said he and Kurupt were signing to G-Unit?  Remember when it was rumored Guerilla Black was signing?

There have been constant rumors going back and forth about who's signing and who ain't.  I highly doubt this is true.

you forgot ras kass, lol.

lots of rappers supposedly signing with g-unit, but i hope its true though, at least 50 got the money and the power to enable rakim to reach a massive amount of people plus i doubt he will really put his own twist on the albu, i think they will just let rakim do his thing with some dope producers....

can be really dope.