Author Topic: Has the Blue Carpet gone platinum yet?  (Read 368 times)

PLANT

Has the Blue Carpet gone platinum yet?
« on: March 23, 2007, 05:27:16 AM »
This will prolly be Snoop worst album sales wise.  I dont think its gone plat yet, anyone know the official numbers?  Im sure it will be plat at some point, but the sales are kinda dissapointing considering the album is pretty dope, and a much better effort than the last couple Snoop cd's IMO.

Brutus

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • we do, what we do, this west coast is voodoo,on U
Re: Has the Blue Carpet gone platinum yet?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 05:35:07 AM »
Game's album sales are also  :(
if you are not timbo or akon you can't be double plat nowdays

XaNdEr

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 05:38:27 AM »
game should make an original album not just hire the big name producers, imo, his albumsales say to me the public doesnt like the album that much, same as me, its boring as hell, same ol recipe, hire some popular producers and done, fuck that, ima bump his untold story albums instead  8)

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 06:00:31 AM »
This will prolly be Snoop worst album sales wise.  I dont think its gone plat yet, anyone know the official numbers?  Im sure it will be plat at some point, but the sales are kinda dissapointing considering the album is pretty dope, and a much better effort than the last couple Snoop cd's IMO.

i dont think the sales are that low.. Look at Nas, Young Jeezy, Lil Wayne and Birdman... i mean, snoop is up there along the best sellin rappers.... only TI and Jay-Z is platinum... so, Snoop after all theese years still beein one of the best sellin rappers, i think its pretty impressive!
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 07:01:17 AM »

i dont think the sales are that low.. Look at Nas, Young Jeezy, Lil Wayne and Birdman... i mean, snoop is up there along the best sellin rappers.... only TI and Jay-Z is platinum... so, Snoop after all theese years still beein one of the best sellin rappers, i think its pretty impressive!
Yea, Im not trying to take anything away from Snoop, hes still at the top of the rap game, Im looking at sales for BCT compared to his other albums.  I think he is somewhere between 800,000 and 900,000 right now, but I dont know the official numbers.

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 07:03:22 AM »
he's shipped platinum.

his record sales are very close to game's.. like 880,000 or something.

kroopy

• Lil Geezy
  • West West Y'all
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 09:31:57 AM »
boss life and another single (get a light i hope) will lead tbct to plat:) i'm sure

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 09:32:59 AM »
Snoop have sold 1,210,450 worldwide

USA 823,100

so he went platinum.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 09:43:00 AM »
Snoop have sold 1,210,450 worldwide

USA 823,100

so he went platinum.

Do worldwide sales count? I think the RIAA only certifies platinum for US sales. Otherwise Game would be plat too; he must have sold shitloads worldwide.

PLANT

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 09:56:09 AM »
boss life and another single (get a light i hope) will lead tbct to plat:) i'm sure
you think Snoop will have another single after "Boss Life"?  This is already his 4th single, very rarely does an artist drop 5 singles from one album, tho Id love to see "Imagine" or even "Crazy" would be a dope single for the summertime. 

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 10:02:11 AM »
crazy gets radio play and imagine has remixes, i already consider them singles

he has a gang of singles, but i say he makes that round here video he was talking about. ain't nothin' wrong with multiple dre produced singles. i was pissed that dre wasn't in boss' life video

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

lilvasquez

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • [Black Wall Street/Presice Music Group]
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 10:27:25 AM »
you think Snoop will have another single after "Boss Life"?  This is already his 4th single, very rarely does an artist drop 5 singles from one album, tho Id love to see "Imagine" or even "Crazy" would be a dope single for the summertime. 
T.I Had Lots Of SIngels For KING

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 10:33:35 AM »
considering Snoop hasn't had that big crossover hit he's doing very good selling over 800k, remember last album he had "Drop It Like It's Hot" which was his biggest single of all time and he wound up doing about 1.7, 1.8 million

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 10:35:32 AM »
considering Snoop hasn't had that big crossover hit he's doing very good selling over 800k, remember last album he had "Drop It Like It's Hot" which was his biggest single of all time and he wound up doing about 1.7, 1.8 million

a couple of his current singles i would call crossover, i wanna love u and that's that come to mind

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

PLANT

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 10:37:08 AM »
"Thats That" was a HUGE single this year.  And "I Wanna Fuck You" was getting major play at the same time.  Snoops definatly had crossover singles from this record.