Author Topic: The fucking Iranians just captured 15 British soldiers  (Read 2452 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The fucking Iranians just captured 15 British soldiers
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2007, 03:56:35 AM »
you guys are getting ahead of urselfs

1.britian does not want another war, you think they would have gone quietly if we did?
2.no 1 has proved we were in irainian waters.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Elevz

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2007, 04:15:10 AM »
you guys are getting ahead of urselfs

1.britian does not want another war, you think they would have gone quietly if we did?
2.no 1 has proved we were in irainian waters.

First of all, there should be no "we". That's the people governing over you, and the army that belongs to that government. What's your place in all this?

"Britain" does not want another war? The British people don't, that's for sure. That's why the government feels the need to save face. But oh yes, the government does want war - just not a war that will make the people turn their backs on the government any more. After all, you're living in a "democracy".

Now, let's reverse your second question. Indeed it wasn't proven that "you" were in Iranian waters. On the other hand, it wasn't proven that "you" weren't. But why would Iran capture a bunch of British marines while they were in Iraq, not posing any threats to them? Remember, Iran is certainly increasing the risks of a new war breaking out. They don't want to feel the pressure of the entire world on their backs; it's best for them to avoid conflict when possible. Do you think these marines were captured out of the blue?

Britain and America may or may not be able to overthrow the Iranian government, but as soon as this becomes an international issue, damn right Iran will have nowhere to go. It could get messy though.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2007, 04:57:35 AM »
Well i believe Iran just wanted to send a message, saying they can make things even more difficult for us, but more importantly i see this as iran just stomping their feet right now to show off to their domestic audience, who otherwise would be talking about the damage the current regime is causing the iranian economy

when I said Britain does not want another war i mean it, we have warned america not to attack and said we won't join them if they do. In addition Britian doesn't have capabilities to take on another war we are overstretched doing the bulk of the work in helmland while maintaining our symbolic presence in iraq, we could react in the short term but we don't have enough mainpower to sustain a new war on another front indefinately. and yes ur right the british people don't want war either.

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Elevz

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2007, 07:19:07 AM »
Ah yeah, that's a good point actually. They probably don't have the capabilities to fight another war, although I'm not sure how big the reserves of US and UK soldiers back in the homeland are. After all, you're not telling me they sent every single soldier out on missions in Iraq, Afghanistan and other conflict areas.

No matter how expensive war is - they'll find the money and the people to fight if they like. They might even manage to pull it off as justified, if they really care... I don't think a war breaking out soon is impossible, at all. And they will find plenty of allies along the way. Rule number one: never blindly put trust in the words of your leaders.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2007, 10:03:51 AM »
well we have about 100k in the army, about not sure of the current iraq figure but i believe it is being reduced to about 4k while arganistan is to get more troops which are currently at around 6 or 7k so might rise to 10k we have over comitments but not that substantial. at the hight of the iraq invasion we deployed about 48k troops but that number was quickly scaled back. we also have 2.5k going AWOL each year, although apprenetly iraq isn't the main cause.

to me you sound very biased, all your speculation is being mounted around the british and american motives to attack iran, as iran couldn't have possible done any wrong in this whole affair. Britain is not trying to start a war and we won't be drawn into one with iran either i garentee you that.

Don't forget Tony Blair only has a shelf life until the end of May
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 10:12:07 AM by Don Rizzle »

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2007, 12:02:18 PM »
to me you sound very biased

Yeah, and you don't sound biased at all:
i tend to believe my own government over the irainian one

funny how all of a sudden the Persian Gulf is referred to as the "Arabian Gulf" or simply "the Gulf"
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2007, 12:16:42 PM »
as much as I dont like it, america does need a draft  :-X

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2007, 12:59:01 PM »
Imagine if some outsiders were rollin around in American waters when it's war-time all around, along with threats coming at them everyday. How can you blame Iran for holding those muthafucaz hostage?
THEY WERENT IN IRANS TERRITORY LOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2007, 01:37:10 PM »
Jamal and Zilla pretty much summed it up...Thanks guys.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2007, 02:02:20 PM »
i like that you mention the soldiers being taken hostage, because thats what it is there is no grounds for lawful arrest within iraqi waters.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2007, 02:36:29 PM »
The British soldiers weren't on iranian waters.

Elevz

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2007, 03:20:14 PM »
well we have about 100k in the army, about not sure of the current iraq figure but i believe it is being reduced to about 4k while arganistan is to get more troops which are currently at around 6 or 7k so might rise to 10k we have over comitments but not that substantial. at the hight of the iraq invasion we deployed about 48k troops but that number was quickly scaled back. we also have 2.5k going AWOL each year, although apprenetly iraq isn't the main cause.

to me you sound very biased, all your speculation is being mounted around the british and american motives to attack iran, as iran couldn't have possible done any wrong in this whole affair. Britain is not trying to start a war and we won't be drawn into one with iran either i garentee you that.

Don't forget Tony Blair only has a shelf life until the end of May

Me being biased? Most definately, or at least I'm extremely sceptical. But who isn't?

Thing is, I don't believe in the power of a PM or president alone. They're not solely thinking out the actions of a government. Even when both Blair and Bush are gone, that won't necessarily make a difference.

I've frequently stated this before in other discussions: it's impossible for us to know the real motives behind the actions of governments, and therefore we simply cannot objectively judge their moves. Yes, I'm rather sceptical about their power, but I'm only stating the possibilities. There's no guaranteeing a war in Iran doesn't happen as long as there's fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. The UK and the US spend more money on defence than that. I don't believe their leaders in their speeches (although I don't necessarily assume they're lying), and I don't automatically assume they're objectively trying to better the world. If they want a war, they'll start one. If they want peace, it's up to them.

This whole situation about Iranians capturing British soldiers is nothing more than a classic case of he say, she say. There's no way we can objectively tell where these soldiers were and what they were doing when they were captured, so really we should stop pretending to know. Fact is, there's only little water in Iraq. Iraq does have plenty of water, but it doesnt exactly naturally belong to Iraq. They don't call it the Persian Gulf for nothing. Those are actual facts - the rest is just pointless talk.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2007, 03:20:44 PM »
They were not in Iranian waters according to the British Government?

If so you mean the same British Government who helped to created the myth about Iraqis WMD's?

I agree with 11'z how the hell is this a "we" issue, we saw how much we counted when the government defied the will of us and sent british soldiers to the slaughter house in Iraq. "We" see what a disregard the government has for human life when they drop thousands of tonnes of depleted uranium, which destroy the bodies of both the troops and the men women and children. The Gulf Of Tonkin has been publicly declassified as a staged event which never happened, the Roosevelt tapes were released in the 90's proving that Pearl Harbour was not an event which came out of the blue. It was provoked by the actions of the u.s military, finally Japan took the bait and the rest is history.

By the same token we can't take the iranian's word for it either but who stands to gain the most from this?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 03:51:23 PM by virtuoso »

Elevz

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2007, 03:24:53 PM »
The Gulf Of Tonkin has been publicly declassified as a staged event which never happened, the Roosevelt tapes were released in the 90's proving that Pearl Harbour was not an event which came out of the blue. It was provoked by the actions of the u.s military, finally Japan took the bait and the rest is history.

SAY WHAT?

...I need to be educated man. Props.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2007, 03:30:26 PM »

Sure thing http://www.gwu.edu/%7Ensarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB132/tapes.htm

That has both the transcript and audio taped conversations that went on between LBJ and the Secretary Of Defence in relation to the gulf of tonkin

;)