Author Topic: Should Dr Dre Retire before Detox?  (Read 1036 times)

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "DIPPIN AN WE ROLLIN... AND WE SMOKIN ON THAT GOOD
Re: Should Dr Dre Retire before Detox?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 04:33:17 PM »
What the hell? >:(
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 04:34:40 PM »
i'm near positive if dre were to come out 2moro and retire, and say detox won't come out, he'd probably be dead by 2 maybe 2 & a half hours (if lucky) :-\

you'd see half od the dangerous crew movement storming the bastille with pitchforks and torches. Timbotheking would be the war profiteer, talking about he knew dre would do this anyway.

if you think dre will put bullshit on detox than your an idiot

Not an idiot, just overly paranoid

word

-T

lol, 4real homie. I'd be on them front lines myself. Shit, even if the motherfucker drops without Knoc on it, I might riot anyway ;D

I have a pretty good feeling i'll be rioting :'(

it's Knoc's karma for replacing Ren on Bang bang

-T

nah, but 4real i will be MAD disapointed if he ain't. He had 1 of the best verses PERIOD on that entire album (bang bang) & helped KILL the the hooks on the watcher & some l.a. n*ggaz. Dre's comments about "trying 2 work with every1 he done worked with in the past" gained back some of my faith. i never knew he replaced ren on bang bang ???
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 04:36:19 PM »
i'm near positive if dre were to come out 2moro and retire, and say detox won't come out, he'd probably be dead by 2 maybe 2 & a half hours (if lucky) :-\

you'd see half od the dangerous crew movement storming the bastille with pitchforks and torches. Timbotheking would be the war profiteer, talking about he knew dre would do this anyway.

word

-T

lol, 4real homie. I'd be on them front lines myself. Shit, even if the motherfucker drops without Knoc on it, I might riot anyway ;D

-T

nah, but 4real i will be MAD disapointed if he ain't. He had 1 of the best verses PERIOD on that entire album (bang bang) & helped KILL the the hooks on the watcher & some l.a. n*ggaz. i never knew he replaced ren on bang bang ???

i always thought that was eminem on the hook in the watcher.

anyway, yeah ren said he had a verse on there and was replaced by some 'new nigga' that wasn't hittman. i forgot who was on that song over-all..knoc, dre, hitt and that little blurb from eminem and the r and b bitches on the chorus right?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Lunatic

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 04:39:07 PM »

word

-T

-T

nah, but 4real i will be MAD disapointed if he ain't. He had 1 of the best verses PERIOD on that entire album (bang bang) & helped KILL the the hooks on the watcher & some l.a. n*ggaz. i never knew he replaced ren on bang bang ???

anyway, yeah ren said he had a verse on there and was replaced by some 'new nigga' that wasn't hittman. i forgot who was on that song over-all..knoc, dre, hitt and that little blurb from eminem and the r and b bitches on the chorus right?

-T

the hook on the watcher is a combo of knoc's voice & em. same with l.a. n*ggaz, accept it's kokane instead of Em. that's why i said "helped".

LMAO at ren catchin feelings "some new n*gga" :D

face it, knoc probly came tighter. His verse was 1 of the best on that whole album

It's jus dre, knoc, hitt & some r & bitches on the hook for bang bang. My fav track on the album. 1 of my fav dre tracks period. Hitt & Knoc came TIGHT, dre was cool, the beat was fire, and the "r & b bitches" did a good job on the hook

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 04:42:23 PM »

word

-T

-T

-T

the hook on the watcher is a combo of knoc's voice & em. same with l.a. n*ggaz, accept it's kokane instead of Em. that's why i said "helped".

face it, knoc probly came tighter. His verse was 1 of the best on that whole album

It's jus dre, knoc, hitt & some r & bitches on the hook for bang bang. My fav track on the album. 1 of my fav dre tracks period. Hitt & Knoc came TIGHT, dre was cool, the beat was fire, and the "r & b bitches" did a good job on the hook

i read from a couple places that it wasn't that Knoc came tighter (though he did come dope) but that Dre wanted to get knoc exposure since he was one of the new artists he was backing.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Lunatic

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 04:44:26 PM »

word

-T

-T

-T

i read from a couple places that it wasn't that Knoc came tighter (though he did come dope) but that Dre wanted to get knoc exposure since he was one of the new artists he was backing.

-T

True. I'm just saying my opinion. and 4real, it ain't just biased. I've talked to MAD ppl, who have said that knoc verse on bang bang is the best verse on the entire dre album. I wouldn't go that far, but it's up there for me

Paul

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 04:48:23 PM »

word

-T

-T

-T

-T

True. I'm just saying my opinion. and 4real, it ain't just biased. I've talked to MAD ppl, who have said that knoc verse on bang bang is the best verse on the entire dre album. I wouldn't go that far, but it's up there for me

get a room you two, lol
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 04:53:30 PM »

word

-T

-T

-T

-T

get a room you two, lol

cus' we havin a convo bout knoc on the 2001 album ???

i KNOW you playin

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 05:58:24 PM »
Your talking like only Dre releases low quality beats. EVERY PRODUCER releases crappy beats. Quik, Battlecat, Timbaland, Primo, etc etc etc. Every producer releases shit. Dre just releases less product, so when some of his product is bad, you really notice it.

The problem with saying Dre lost it is, Dre is a producer. First and foremost. Dre did not PRODUCE for Jay-Z, Nas or Snoop. He sent them beats. Making a beat and sending it to someone is not producing. When Dre's name is on an album saying "Executive Producer by Dr.Dre" then you can complain about his music. If you don't like beats on Snoops record, BLAME SNOOP, he probably picked the beat. Plus these were all side projects. Detox is his legacy, and hes saving the best for last.

Blu Lacez

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2007, 06:35:21 PM »

-T

[/quote]

There goes MC Ren The Villain catchin Feelin'...Sorry had to say that...:D

Blu

Lunatic

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 06:43:31 PM »

word

-T

-T

-T

the "new nigga" could have been TimeBomb. I'm sure Ren killed it. What happend to TimeBomb? He had mad adds for the album that never dropped,with a gang of features.

nah it couldn't of been timebomb, because he wasn't even on bang bang. Timebomb was signed 2 Knoc's label L.A. Confidential. I don't even know what the fuck's up with that label, i never heard that they got shut down, but they must of ???

I heard some tracks he did with Knoc, but besides that nothing

Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 07:13:40 PM »
True,true my bad. I just checked the credits,been such a long time since I listened to that album/track. Knoc killed it,I just remember all those adds for Knoc and TimeBomb's albums. Those comments Ren made is from his interview over at www.thaformula.com ,really dope interview.

what ads for knoc & bomb's albums? ???

thaFormula.com  - So it took many years but you finally got back to working with Dre on Chronic 2001.  How did that come about?

MC Ren - My homeboy said that Dre wants you to come down, so I went down there and did it.  I was rappin' on the muthafucka.  I was on another song bustin', but he took me off of it and put this other nigga on it.  There was a dude originally on there, but when I came, I got on there.  Then niggaz told me that the reason they took me off was because the nigga that was on there was crying about it.

thaFormula.com - That's wack...

MC Ren - You know man. Little bitch shit.  Nigga took me off and shit.

ain't no mention of who he could be talkin about?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2007, 07:33:49 PM »
True,true my bad. I just checked the credits,been such a long time since I listened to that album/track. Knoc killed it,I just remember all those adds for Knoc and TimeBomb's albums. Those comments Ren made is from his interview over at www.thaformula.com ,really dope interview.

thaFormula.com  - So it took many years but you finally got back to working with Dre on Chronic 2001.  How did that come about?

MC Ren - My homeboy said that Dre wants you to come down, so I went down there and did it.  I was rappin' on the muthafucka.  I was on another song bustin', but he took me off of it and put this other nigga on it.  There was a dude originally on there, but when I came, I got on there.  Then niggaz told me that the reason they took me off was because the nigga that was on there was crying about it.

i read another interview where he says the song was bang bang. meaning it only could have been hitt or knoc
i seem to recall 'new nigga' in the interview where he actually says the song was bang bang as well. but pretty much the same story.

i remember they were like "they took you off LA niggaz right?" and he's like "nah, i was just talkin on LA niggaz, I was actually rappin on bang bang'

this is from my memory^ but that's what I remember
-T

westcoastavengers.com

Lunatic

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2007, 07:35:46 PM »

i read another interview where he says the song was bang bang. meaning it only could have been hitt or knoc
i seem to recall 'new nigga' in the interview where he actually says the song was bang bang as well. but pretty much the same story.

i remember they were like "they took you off LA niggaz right?" and he's like "nah, i was just talkin on LA niggaz, I was actually rappin on bang bang'

this is from my memory^ but that's what I remember
-T

it's all good. Whatever, stop catchin feelings ;)

Knoc came extremely nice on the track

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2007, 08:03:47 PM »
After Detox I hope Dr. Dre retires from releasing his OWN albums and focuses the same attention to detail and top-notch beats on upcoming West Coast artists.