2 (6.7%)
I Want It All
14 (46.7%)
Return of The Regulator
10 (33.3%)
In The MidNite Hour
4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: 2nd best Warren G album  (Read 489 times)

floatin_above_everything

Re: 2nd best Warren G album
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 02:46:48 PM »
Return of the Regulator without a doubt. Warren got his grown man on with this. Regulate was the best, and I Want It All, Take a Look over Your Shoulder, Mid Night Hour were all pretty much equal trash.

"I Want It All" was trash? :grumpy:

Yes sir it is. I only liked about 3-4 tracks on this album, and one was the single. I'm sorry that not everyone in the world shares your opinion. I'm not from Cali, I don't have to like I Want It All, I thought it was a good coaster, and most of the critcs agree too.

I dunno...All I know is that you don't have to be from Cali to like "I Want It All"...Just a hip-hop head or even a casual rap fan.

I figure that's the only reason you told me I was "wrong" for saying IWIA is trash. This was just a lazy, boring album imo. Notice the imo. Like I said, I need to have lyrics for an album to be considered good too me.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 03:00:35 PM »
i ain't dissin anyone, just speaking my thoughts and opinions. and NIK didn't diss nobody either, it's all good

anyway, I feel like I want it all is the 28 year old man to regulate's 18 year old teen, you know? same sound, but more mature but watered down with that ruff ryde shit

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 03:03:57 PM »
i ain't dissin anyone, just speaking my thoughts and opinions. and NIK didn't diss nobody either, it's all good

anyway, I feel like I want it all is the 28 year old man to regulate's 18 year old teen, you know? same sound, but more mature but watered down with that ruff ryde shit

-T

I realized that he matured but some rappers too me were one hit wonders. Unless he had gotten better song writers, I Want it All should have had more flavor to it.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 03:05:28 PM »

-T

I realized that he matured but some rappers too me were one hit wonders. Unless he had gotten better song writers, I Want it All should have had more flavor to it.

that's cool, I'm just saying I felt like IWIA had the same sound as regulate, but it was just an older warren.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 03:30:06 PM »

-T

that's cool, I'm just saying I felt like IWIA had the same sound as regulate, but it was just an older warren.

-T

Right on point, I don't like older Warren.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2007, 03:42:29 PM »
Not all rappers are about the lyrics, man...A good portion of west coast shit is more about the SOUND. If you don't like Warren, I guess that's your taste, but he's a legend in the hip-hop game...PeACe

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2007, 03:44:19 PM »
Not all rappers are about the lyrics, man...A good portion of west coast shit is more about the SOUND. If you don't like Warren, I guess that's your taste, but he's a legend in the hip-hop game...PeACe

i feel you, i always felt like he puts good sounding shit together.
-T

westcoastavengers.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2007, 03:57:57 PM »
And I feel like he only got on because he's Dre's little brother, and cause of his affiliation with Snoop. Don't get me wrong he has put out alot of good music, I would call him a Westcoast legend, not altogether hip-hop though. I realize, not every rapper has to be about lyrics, but for my personal taste I need the lyrics. I thought his writers did an excellent job on ROTR.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2007, 04:04:04 PM »
And I feel like he only got on because he's Dre's little brother, and cause of his affiliation with Snoop. Don't get me wrong he has put out alot of good music, I would call him a Westcoast legend, not altogether hip-hop though. I realize, not every rapper has to be about lyrics, but for my personal taste I need the lyrics. I thought his writers did an excellent job on ROTR.

have you heard his work with 2pac? 2pac contracted and contacted him cause he was dope and for no reason other than. and warren laced him good

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2007, 04:19:34 PM »
isn't that the cat that the doc was hangin around too?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2007, 07:16:45 PM »

That's how the music industry works though, bro... Warren G is a hip-hop legend, whether you like it or not. He's a major contributor to the creation of G-funk and part of what brought westcoast hip-hop to its rise at the top. One of the greatest and most influential hip-hop producers of all time...And if every song had amazing lyrics, then it would subtract from the variety of different styles we get to pick from. Don't you like variety?

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2007, 09:51:26 PM »

That's how the music industry works though, bro... Warren G is a hip-hop legend, whether you like it or not. He's a major contributor to the creation of G-funk and part of what brought westcoast hip-hop to its rise at the top. One of the greatest and most influential hip-hop producers of all time...And if every song had amazing lyrics, then it would subtract from the variety of different styles we get to pick from. Don't you like variety?

I love variety, just not boring varieties which is much of Warren's music. You won't hear anybody outside of Cali saying Warren is a hip-hop legend, just a West Coast legend. There is no way your'e gonna sell me on that. 2 good albums out of 5 just doesn't equal a legend.

And to Tanj, I've heard his work on Thug Life and on Do U Remember and I've always liked Warren's production, never had a problem with it, but his rappin' is booboo. And when a booboo rapper is the lead performer on any album, more than likely, it's not gonna be good.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2007, 10:32:15 PM »

I love variety, just not boring varieties which is much of Warren's music. You won't hear anybody outside of Cali saying Warren is a hip-hop legend, just a West Coast legend. There is no way your'e gonna sell me on that. 2 good albums out of 5 just doesn't equal a legend.

And to Tanj, I've heard his work on Thug Life and on Do U Remember and I've always liked Warren's production, never had a problem with it, but his rappin' is booboo. And when a booboo rapper is the lead performer on any album, more than likely, it's not gonna be good.

Sorry, but someone who had as big a role in creating such a universal sound as Warren has to be a L E G E N D...2 "good" albums? Dude's put out and worked on his share of classics, I wouldn't dare question his resume. And nothing is boring about soundin' funky... 8)

For real, what's "booboo" about Warren's rappin though? He's not a lyrical monster, but his steez is to be simple and efficient. His voice and flow is always on point...You can say you don't feel his style, but to say he's a "booboo" rapper definitely ain't right...PeACe

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2007, 11:24:32 PM »
i am certainly not dissing the homey floatin, but I agree with NIK that warren is an entertaining if not brilliant rapper.

the rap nor the beat make a track, it's the over-all product: the song. warren's not a dope rapper but he produces*wordplay bitches* dope songs.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2007, 11:50:12 PM »
I don't understand how you can't grasp the fact that i don't like Warren G's music, his lyrics are weak and I don't like most of his beats. I'm telling you, go anywhere outside of Cali, and they will laugh like I am when the words warren g and legend come together.