Author Topic: Anyone here a DJ?  (Read 77 times)

Al Bundy

Anyone here a DJ?
« on: April 05, 2007, 12:24:10 PM »
I hope i'm not the only one  8)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Anyone here a DJ?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 01:10:51 PM »
wouldnt mind taking a stab at it. i am actually thinkin of investing in some turntables... got to weigh up my options, holiday or decks??

how long have you been dj'ing??

Al Bundy

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 01:19:35 PM »
For about 3 years now. Started off fucking around with Virtual DJ (great program. shits on those lame wave editors) and i'm about to buy my friends Stantons from him.

If you're going to get some turntables, make sure you get direct drive. The best turntables to get are Technics but are also the most expensive.

Note: I'm talking about vinyl not CD.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 01:28:52 PM »
^of course, i used to fuck around with virtual dj aswell. didnt master it or anything but felt i did some dope stuff. i was looking at some stanton's the other day, not cheap. but technics would hit the bank balance harder, much harder.

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 01:30:20 PM »
i have 2 stanton straight 100's from about 4 years ago but they've served me well. yeah, ive been doing it a while

Al Bundy

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 01:34:15 PM »
^of course, i used to fuck around with virtual dj aswell. didnt master it or anything but felt i did some dope stuff. i was looking at some stanton's the other day, not cheap. but technics would hit the bank balance harder, much harder.

Yeah technics will bust the bank but they are built like tanks. I remember a story my friend told me where he dropped his down a flight of stairs and still did a set that night with them. Fucking crazy!

i have 2 stanton straight 100's from about 4 years ago but they've served me well. yeah, ive been doing it a while
nice. what kind of mixer you got? and i take it you spin rap

everlast1986

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 01:55:28 PM »
I play around with Virtual DJ alot its a great program for remixing shit if you're a bedroom DJ but thats definetly not my interest. I've tried with real turntables before but that shits tough to master.

Al Bundy

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 01:56:57 PM »
I play around with Virtual DJ alot its a great program for remixing shit if you're a bedroom DJ but thats definetly not my interest. I've tried with real turntables before but that shits tough to master.

i'm going to be a bedroom DJ pushin tapes :) if you could scratch with virtual dj then i wouldn't get tables