Author Topic: Virginia: 32 Shot Dead In School Shootout  (Read 5242 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Virginia: 32 Shot Dead In School Shootout
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2007, 03:27:46 AM »
I am on Blackman's side on this one, Shallow. In most "civilized" countries it is just weird as fuck to own a gun. I have never even seen a gun in my entire life, except for in the holster of a peaceful police officer. If any decent person around here carries around a gun, it's just odd. It's just not what people do. That being said, the cultural acceptance plays a great role, it's not just about easier destribution. For me a gun is just something I know from movies, computer games and shit. It's not a part or an issue of my everyday life whatsoever. I don't even think of guns on an average day. But in a country in which it is perfectly normal to have serveral guns as a decent person, people rather pull a gun - and not just because it is easier to obtain one.
Also, destribution is an issue too, to me it would just be too much of a hassle to get one illegally (obviously, getting one illegally in Europe is much much harder than getting one illegally in the US) and to learn how to use it, learn how to shoot. I couldn't just go out with it and shoot at some cans or whatever in the forest because that would just be weird lol. I wouldn't know who to ask about it. It's just not what people do. It would be hella suspicious, too, unlike in the US, a "civilized" and economically advanced country that is all over guns, for reasons I hope I will never fully understand.
Furthermore, there is no room to argue, certain types of guns are just flat out designed to kill people. They are *not* designed for artful aim-shooting, or to hunt or to go to war. They are designed to kill people in an everyday environment. That's just crazy. I don't understand why decent people have those types of things.

I am absolutely sure that it is better for a society to not have guns around everywhere. The problem with the US is, that people are just way too used to it, and they would feel as if something lacks as soon as guns would be "prohibited"... that and the fact that the pro-guns-for-retards lobbies like the NRA are way too powerful.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 03:31:24 AM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Narrator

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2007, 04:31:57 AM »
^^^^ Actually, 7even, what you don't understand is that I support gun control because I want everyone to be disarmed.  Even though most people (or criminals) can't get guns when they're illegal, I can.  If all the white people are disarmed, it will make it so much easier for me to carry out my revolution on Judgment Day.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2007, 04:35:59 AM »
I'm with you on gun control, your depicted deeper motives are of course totally fucked but that is not my concern.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2007, 04:41:04 AM »
It's too late for gun control in the USA - 200million firearms floating around just ain't gonna disappear.

Oh, BTW, have they started blaming video games/rap/heavy metal for the killings yet?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2007, 08:10:31 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VwcFrNlda64" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VwcFrNlda64</a>

Chief

« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2007, 08:31:57 AM »
It's too late for gun control in the USA - 200million firearms floating around just ain't gonna disappear.

it's pretty fucked huh

Narrator

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2007, 02:42:45 PM »

Actually, that is a good point.  Having registration or licensing laws or banning guns outright probably would NOT have a significant effect in the U.S. for precisely that reason.

That being said, the fact that guns have been so easy to get for so many years is the reason this problem exists in the first place.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2007, 02:58:11 PM »

Surely the point is guns were banned from the campus in the first place, meaning that if some nut or for that matter criminal. decides he or she is going to kill a bunch of people, then the law abiding people are left totally at the mercy of the gun barrel. If the campus had followed the same laws as the state of virginia in allowing a gun concealment licence, or for that matter if senior teachers had been entrusted with a gun to keep in storage, then this massive death toll would have been averted. The reaction of the police says it all to, they were of no protection to the people, they were just standing there unsure of what to do, so much for protect and serve. I can understand british police standing there perhaps, because of the fact they aren't armed but for these cops to have not done anything is just bewildering. The message in america that this should resonate and particularly as shallow has pointed out with such massive gun circulation anyway, is protect yourself with a gun.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2007, 03:00:04 PM »

Surely the point is guns were banned from the campus in the first place, meaning that if some nut or for that matter criminal. decides he or she is going to kill a bunch of people, then the law abiding people are left totally at the mercy of the gun barrel. If the campus had followed the same laws as the state of virginia in allowing a gun concealment licence, or for that matter if senior teachers had been entrusted with a gun to keep in storage, then this massive death toll would have been averted. The reaction of the police says it all to, they were of no protection to the people, they were just standing there unsure of what to do, so much for protect and serve. I can understand british police standing there perhaps, because of the fact they aren't armed but for these cops to have not done anything is just bewildering. The message in america that this should resonate and particularly as shallow has pointed out with such massive gun circulation anyway, is protect yourself with a gun.
first time i can totally agree with you,Co-Sign +1

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »
That is what debate is about man, disagreeing is bound to be a part of it, scepticism and disagreement is a healthy thing. So on that note, here is a question for you, do you think americans at least the majority will think along similar lines, or will have been sucked in by the horrors and thus more willing to give up their guns?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 03:11:23 PM by virtuoso »

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2007, 03:16:35 PM »
thanks to the media it will be an all out war against guns...you will have several "celebrity's" (who for some reason are worshiped like gods) "taking a stand" and the American public will eat it up.

Narrator

« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2007, 03:20:07 PM »

Looks like he wants to be Chow Yun-Fat in "The Killer".  Crazy-ass chink...

Surely the point is guns were banned from the campus in the first place, meaning that if some nut or for that matter criminal. decides he or she is going to kill a bunch of people, then the law abiding people are left totally at the mercy of the gun barrel.

Yeah, they wouldn't BE at the mercy of a gun barrel in the first place if guns weren't so easy to get.  How difficult is this to understand?  Have you ever considered that maybe some people would rather not have to live in a country where they need a gun to protect themselves?  I'm certainly not opposed to gun ownership myself (obviously, I need guns to kill all the crackers like Real American and Trauma and yourself), but I respect the right of people to want to live in a world where they don't have to stay strapped just to get through the day.

Seriously, what kinda fucked-up world would that be?  Sadly, thanks to the efforts of people like you, that's precisely how America is today, so good job.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 03:22:44 PM by Guerilla_From_Tha_Mist »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2007, 03:37:13 PM »

With over 200 million guns in circulation though it is pointless debating the question should they be have been so easy to obtain in the first place. The fact is they are and leaving people defenceless only leads to these types of masscacres.

Narrator

« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2007, 03:49:36 PM »

With over 200 million guns in circulation though it is pointless debating the question should they be have been so easy to obtain in the first place. The fact is they are and leaving people defenceless only leads to these types of masscacres.

Yeah, but at the very least, the important thing is to cut down on the number of guns in circulation, and the best way to do that is with registration and licensing so that guns can't be resold so easily in "straw purchases" or other illegal transactions.  Notice that this also doesn't mean law-abiding people won't be able to buy guns...it'll just be a somewhat lengthier process.  The moment a national gun registry is established in the U.S. and if 90% of the population followed it (which they probably would), there would be very few new guns entering black market channels.  Coupled with the fact that police confiscate and destroy hundreds of thousands of firearms every year, the supply of guns on the black market would decrease tremendously in just a few years, while prices would gradually increase until fewer and fewer criminals could afford them.

So obviously, there would be any IMMEDIATE effect, but it would be part of a long-term strategy that would eventually reduce gun crime by a significant amount.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2007, 03:59:05 PM »
If criminals want to get hold of guns though, they will, using europe to illustrate the point is pointless purely and simply, because there has never really been mass gun ownership. Therefore controlling guns has never been that much of a problem, the big big problem in gun registration, is stopping someone from having a gun because they have a criminal record. Just on a practical common sense basis, millions of those with a criminal record will have gained it through petty crimes. The problem with such centralisation, is the government has proved over and over again they can not be trusted and give away that much power and it will be abused. What I mean is, as soon as a major precedent is set, moves come into place to incrementally expand this law and in the long term most people can longer own a gun. However there will still be millions of guns available on the black market...the peaceful people will be even more at risk. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 04:04:04 PM by virtuoso »