Author Topic: BET's new show "Ballers" featuring DJ Quik  (Read 226 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
BET's new show "Ballers" featuring DJ Quik
« on: April 17, 2007, 07:19:12 PM »
Saw a commercial for this new show on BET called "Ballers" and it shows DJ Quik on stage performing. Says it premieres Friday at 10:00 so we'll see what's up :)

ToOoOoN!!!

Re: BET's new show "Ballers" featuring DJ Quik
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 08:26:13 PM »
dj quik  ;D

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 08:30:12 PM »
That's the show hosted by John Salley

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 08:53:23 PM »
That's the show hosted by John Salley
Yeah I saw he was gonna be the host, and I wasn't really sure exactly what the show was, but I saw Quik was on the stage there :)

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 08:55:41 PM »
Take your favorite sports bar; imbue it with the vibe of the hippest after-hours club; and throw in a beautiful DJ and three celebrity hosts. There you have it: the formula for BET’s new sports show, “Ballers.”

Former NBA star John Salley joins funnyman Guy Torry and ex-NFL Pro Bowler Hugh Douglas (Philadelphia Eagles) to host the new series premiering on BET on April 20 at 10 p.m. (ET/PT). The show might bear a few resemblances to “The Best Damn Sports Show Period.” That’s because some of the architects who created the hit FOX Television show are behind the winner that BET promises in “Ballers.”

While there are definitely parallels between “Ballers” and “Best Damn Sports Show,” “Ballers” is a little edgier and funnier, largely because the show goes beyond the stadiums and arenas of pro sports.  It ventures into the lifestyle and popular culture that now surrounds the lives of sports professionals, athletes, their groupies and  admirers. It even takes on thorny issues with the same realness you might expect in a barbershop, bar or homecoming barbecue. 

“This show brings a whole new type of sports show program to BET due to its broad appeal," says Reginald Hudlin, President of Entertainment at BET. “Women enjoy the show as much as men.”

The show’s creators are Tony McCuin and John Johnston. Between them, there are several Emmys, a number of successful show launches and more than two decades of experience in television production.

While other shows are toning it down, "Ballers” turns up the heat. The show is hyped up with gimmicks and special features, like the “Bullshit Flag” (a red penalty marker that the hosts throw when somebody says something ridiculous), the “Dumb Play of the Week” and a segment called “Gossip in the Girls Booth,” in which women report the latest about celebrity athletes.

DJ Rashida will drop the needle during show breaks.

The comedic interaction makes it appealing to non-sports fans, says Hudlin.

Diggfinger

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 10:34:35 AM »
It's funny how Quik never really caught the eye of the mainstream audience like Dre or Snoop, but nevertheless he is often seen doing stuff like this.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 10:55:49 AM »
people know who quik is like a muhh I always thought, but my view could be distorted since i'm in CA

show sounds dumb

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram