Author Topic: Dogg Chit sells 2,531 in third week.  (Read 825 times)

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dogg Chit sells 2,531 in third week.
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2007, 07:53:07 PM »
Too bad for them, but I mean it was an indie release with no promo, so its pretty tight that they could move that much in 3 weeks.  That's about how much Xzibit moved for his last album, and he has a more recognizable mainstream name than Daz and Kurupt nowadays, he's all over MTV all the time.  This is probably how much So So Gangsta moved too, and that came out on a major.  I agree, DPG should do a tour, at least hit Southern California, I saw them perform with Cube last year and Snoop, Nate, and Warren came out too.  They were great live.

i ain't 1 to point faults, but what DPG is at in 3 weeks, xzibit moved in his 1st week. still terrible, but just saying

i think this album had the potential to do more #s then CIA, because I think vibe wit a pimp was a more radio-friendly single. the reason CIA moved more, was CIA's video was released before the album dropped, wereas Vibe dropped after the album had already hit the stores. Stupid Stupid :nawty:

Preach! And now they just got that song played on 106. They should have used Snoop's popularity, got some spots on TV and that would have helped alot. Shit CIA sold 100k, this will be lucky if it gets half of that. Still a good album, I wish the promo CIA got would be the same for this.

yup they fucked up a real good attempt at movin some decent #s with this cd by waiting so long to drop the vid. It won't hit 50,000 no way

That's the saddest shit dpg ever faced.  Less than 30k
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

~Lucien~

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2007, 08:10:31 PM »
2,531..?   ::)
that's what you get after releasing an unmastered garbage album full of bullshit lyrics and wack ass beats
i'm still a dpg fan but... but this ain't quality music  :-\

did you buy the album or download it ?

both...

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2007, 09:18:10 PM »
Too bad for them, but I mean it was an indie release with no promo, so its pretty tight that they could move that much in 3 weeks.  That's about how much Xzibit moved for his last album, and he has a more recognizable mainstream name than Daz and Kurupt nowadays, he's all over MTV all the time.  This is probably how much So So Gangsta moved too, and that came out on a major.  I agree, DPG should do a tour, at least hit Southern California, I saw them perform with Cube last year and Snoop, Nate, and Warren came out too.  They were great live.

i ain't 1 to point faults, but what DPG is at in 3 weeks, xzibit moved in his 1st week. still terrible, but just saying

i think this album had the potential to do more #s then CIA, because I think vibe wit a pimp was a more radio-friendly single. the reason CIA moved more, was CIA's video was released before the album dropped, wereas Vibe dropped after the album had already hit the stores. Stupid Stupid :nawty:

Preach! And now they just got that song played on 106. They should have used Snoop's popularity, got some spots on TV and that would have helped alot. Shit CIA sold 100k, this will be lucky if it gets half of that. Still a good album, I wish the promo CIA got would be the same for this.

yup they fucked up a real good attempt at movin some decent #s with this cd by waiting so long to drop the vid. It won't hit 50,000 no way

Well, let's just say for argument's sake they eventually make it to 30k.  Some other post in here said they don't recoup until 20k, so 30k-20k = 10k.  Making let's not say $8 per album, but let's say $5 per album just to be on the safe side...that's 10,000 x $5 = $50,000.  Now let's say Daz gets 2/3rds cuz he produced and rapped, and Kurupt gets 1/3rd cuz he just rapped.  That's:

Daz gets like $34,000
Kurupt gets like $17,000

Remember, these guys probably worked on the album for about 3 weeks, 4 weeks AT THE MOST.

So even if Kurupt's making $17,000 for 1 month's work off of his work on this album, that's not that bad.  That's on pace to make about $204,000 per year, which he probably does considering all the albums he's involved with and touring and shows and stuff.

I wouldn't feel too bad for them.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 09:19:41 PM by Blue Ragg »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2007, 06:07:57 AM »
how much world wide?sales from amazon cduniverse etc etc?

d-nice

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2007, 06:33:27 AM »

Well, let's just say for argument's sake they eventually make it to 30k.  Some other post in here said they don't recoup until 20k, so 30k-20k = 10k.  Making let's not say $8 per album, but let's say $5 per album just to be on the safe side...that's 10,000 x $5 = $50,000.  Now let's say Daz gets 2/3rds cuz he produced and rapped, and Kurupt gets 1/3rd cuz he just rapped.  That's:

Daz gets like $34,000
Kurupt gets like $17,000

Remember, these guys probably worked on the album for about 3 weeks, 4 weeks AT THE MOST.

So even if Kurupt's making $17,000 for 1 month's work off of his work on this album, that's not that bad.  That's on pace to make about $204,000 per year, which he probably does considering all the albums he's involved with and touring and shows and stuff.

I wouldn't feel too bad for them.

Shit that ain't bad at all. I just would like to see DPGC as a whole work on the promotional side of things. But to Daz and Kurupt's credit, they did have 3 youtube videos out before the album dropped and now the major one on 106 so maybe it will help.

shaydee

• 'G'
  • Witchdoctor new album OUT NOW!
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2007, 07:48:51 AM »
Not even Snoop can same the Dogg Pound now, they fell off to hard by releasing so many indie albums. Thats where them foolz went wrongl, they released to many low budget solo / dpg albums... they should have stayed major and kept releasing QUALITY records ever couple years

kevlar

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2007, 08:59:17 AM »
the fact that there was no lead single before the album hit retail didn't help much, either.
"jack of all trades
gotta get my chips
manipulate yo broad
put her up on craigs list"

xquistqban

• 'G'
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2007, 09:04:14 AM »
I think DPG will sell 30 K in the USA and about 40 K worldwide.  They still getting their paper.

d-nice

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2007, 09:09:45 AM »
Not even Snoop can same the Dogg Pound now, they fell off to hard by releasing so many indie albums. Thats where them foolz went wrongl, they released to many low budget solo / dpg albums... they should have stayed major and kept releasing QUALITY records ever couple years

The only major that was interested in signing them all these years was Roc-A-Fella.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2007, 11:12:50 AM »
hahahahahahahah 2531 copies sold in they third week....talk about bein burned out lil studio gangsta bitches hahahahahaha 8) i love this shit
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 11:14:21 AM by C-SICC »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2007, 12:32:45 PM »
man, I'd like to see Kurupt live. the only way I'd see Kurupt rapping over live instruments is if he was featured at a snoop show huh? damn

damn, who was the guy that drove to arizona and back to see dogg pound? i remember some crazy story of a reeeal ass fan a while back, it was ridiculous.

am looking forward to smoking bleezes to cypress hill though at rock the bells.

-T

I went to the DPG show last summer...Almost everyone was there.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 12:35:32 PM by Now_I_Know »

nateandmiles

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • We shook dre punk azz now he outta di closet!!
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2007, 12:56:47 PM »
its called dogg chit??
what more would u xpect ..anyone ever tasted dogg shit before? :o

now chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch 8)

westkoastanostra

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2007, 03:01:50 PM »
DPG's careers are over, time to hang it up and find anutha field

~Lucien~

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2007, 04:01:45 PM »

props!